Epic Perfect World

1v1 playoffs at night

Offline Nimy

• Forum Veteran
I suggested port people individually based on fights to avoid behavioral issues.

If kids are going to cry making help desk threads because they go against rules and can't follow them like children, I don't know why GMs should let it affect them. There's consequences to every rule. You're doing your job muting and banning for them being disruptive.

If drama is such a big deal to you as a GM, perhaps you shouldn't take on the role and responsibility as one. The players who are GMs now knew going into that job/position would result in conflict at some point or another, why should the rest of the player base that aren't bad apples have to suffer and miss out on events they enjoy?

Your life as a GM and a player should be separate.
You are saying because some1 is gm its ok to pick on them because they should have known when accepting that position? Just because it is obvious that some will behave bad that doesnt justify the act itself...
And yes it is not fair to let others suffer but then again its not fair to let gms handle drama every playoffs and muting people because honestly there is drama every playoffs.
If we ( as community) want the playoffs back we will have to behave better or find a new solution...
It is up to every gm hosting events and if they notice drama every time its totally fine not to do this favour to the community, they are also humans apart from their gm job.
My opinion on this.
An idea could be hosting lvl 149 playoffs, no 150 players and gears, instead. I can imagine this would bring way less drama but its just an idea, up to you.

Offline D' Zen

• Forum Veteran
I suggested port people individually based on fights to avoid behavioral issues.

If kids are going to cry making help desk threads because they go against rules and can't follow them like children, I don't know why GMs should let it affect them. There's consequences to every rule. You're doing your job muting and banning for them being disruptive.

If drama is such a big deal to you as a GM, perhaps you shouldn't take on the role and responsibility as one. The players who are GMs now knew going into that job/position would result in conflict at some point or another, why should the rest of the player base that aren't bad apples have to suffer and miss out on events they enjoy?

Your life as a GM and a player should be separate.
Aye sad girl. You talk too much lately.
Last Edit: Nov 24, 2015, 04:14 pm by Krish

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
You are saying because some1 is gm its ok to pick on them because they should have known when accepting that position? Just because it is obvious that some will behave bad that doesnt justify the act itself...
And yes it is not fair to let others suffer but then again its not fair to let gms handle drama every playoffs and muting people because honestly there is drama every playoffs.
If we ( as community) want the playoffs back we will have to behave better or find a new solution...
It is up to every gm hosting events and if they notice drama every time its totally fine not to do this favour to the community, they are also humans apart from their gm job.
For once Im going to agree with you.

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
My opinion on this.
An idea could be hosting lvl 149 playoffs, no 150 players and gears, instead. I can imagine this would bring way less drama but its just an idea, up to you.
^this

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
My opinion on this.

Nobody is saying picking on the GMs is okay. It's not but having some back bone when dealing with children instead of rolling on your back wouldn't hurt. Sitting there logging for an hour a day as a GM and not putting in any effort barely because you can't bear to tolerlate some people on this server due to personal issues with players, like why bother being a GM at all?

For the money aspect? If so that's not a very good reason to stay. I feel like it's been a lot more personal with certain GMs lately than business.
Last Edit: Nov 24, 2015, 07:11 pm by ℒαcε

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
Nobody is saying picking on the GMs is okay. It's not but having some back bone when dealing with children instead of rolling on your back wouldn't hurt. Sitting there logging for an hour a day as a GM and not putting in any effort barely because you can't bear to tolerlate some people on this server due to personal issues with players, like why bother being a GM at all?

For the money aspect? If so that's not a very good reason to stay. I feel like it's been a lot more personal with certain GMs lately than business.
Shit like this is exactly the reason she stopped hosting them, people hardly ever thanked her for hosting them at late night even though she has a family to take her of and it's not her obligation to host playoffs whenever the players want her to. If anything I hope things stay like this until some people decide to grow up.

Offline C

• ☾⋆
Shit like this is exactly the reason she stopped hosting them, people hardly ever thanked her for hosting them at late night even though she has a family to take her of and it's not her obligation to host playoffs whenever the players want her to. If anything I hope things stay like this until some people decide to grow up.

You don't even know the beginnings of it.

Offline Praelium

• Forum Veteran

Agreed

Offline Nimy

• Forum Veteran
I dont think we have the right of judging any1. You say some gms dont put any effort into their work, im sure half of server will say otherwise. Yes of course you need some patience but most of the gms have been on this server for years now, im sure they had enough patience. And if some decide to stop doing playoffs after sacrificing their time and nerves for some years on the event with drama every day i dont think any1 can complain.
Also i think any money aspect is not our problem at all. Every gm will have their own reasons to stay.
And if some gms got personal issues with players instead of blaming them, ask those players why... Cause no gm has ever been rude to me or other nice people on this server without any reason. Cant expect gms to stay objective after getting insulted from specific players on a daily basis.
Gms on this server are objective but at the end of the day they are humans too and wont stay nice to people that treat them in a rude way for the x's time after doing them favours, just because some people get bored ingame and need drama or got personal issues with the gm.

Offline Cherub

• I'm cute.
  • Characters: Cherub, Xami
  • Faction: Artifex
This^

Offline D' Zen

• Forum Veteran
You don't even know the beginnings of it.
:normal-43: Are you for real? LOL

Offline C

• ☾⋆
:normal-43: Are you for real? LOL

When you run to another server in hopes to avoid conflict, yes.

But who are you again? Oh, right no one of importance so trying to insult me will get you nowhere.

Edit: There's no need to get emotional when there's muliple people who have seen things and experienced that you'll never be able to grasp your head around. 
Last Edit: Nov 24, 2015, 08:35 pm by ℒαcε

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member

Nobody is obligated to host a specific event if they are not up to it, if players cared about the event so much they would act civil during it.
I may not host the event, but I've attended plenty to know what goes on during, and I'm surprised it's hosted at all.

People can come here and criticize the staff for doing the things they do, but you wouldn't fully understand unless you were in the position yourself.
It's easy to talk from outside of the circle, so to speak.

A lot of the time when someone comes to staff, when never having been a GM before, their view completely shifts from what they thought it would be like.
It takes a toll on a person mentally, some more than others.
Why would they stay? Well there are parts that are enjoyable, not all of the community is toxic.

In the end if nobody wants to host x event at x time, that's just how it's going to be.

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion