Epic Perfect World

ep vs sin

Offline • 𝕊𝕊𝔾 •

• Old Player
  • Characters: Espio, Saladin, Xqwi, SSG
  • Faction: Supreme☆
It's true tbh, sins are just plain broken, just invest in a sin instead of trying to 1vs1 sins on an ep. Ep is really good in lil scale or mass pk though so thats something 
Last Edit: Nov 16, 2015, 06:22 pm by Saladjin

Offline Shintera

hmm. i try not to repeat the same combo if i can. unless it's while my oponent is under silent seal and i'm going for the kill. The only thing i focus on is shell on cd, and maintaining shackles. everything else is situational the way i see it. . . . . wait out your opponent and widdle him down, and once he steps out of line once, or is forced into an unfavorable position . . . . . that's when i go for an attack.

I may be doing it entirely wrong though, since i generally only use seals, boon/cyclone, and the aurora's for heals when needed. but that sometimes ends up just as bad on my part. turning it more into a who makes the first mistake type of fight. . . . at least that's how it is vs sins/bm's, archers i play very differently and go 80% agressive. with plume shell up whenever i go for an attack. . . . . . but that's me. . . . . i'm not the best ep that's for sure. you however are a rather well known ep, so theirs something in how you react or look at skills that's different from others.

edit: i also don't have a purify wep either, so facing aps classes is very different until i finish one

as for timing locks?, that's not something I've found overly difficult. sleep to proc belief, and SoG afterwards. using that to setup on your opponent (or just do the same thing to enemy ep's in mass pk to limit their healing whenever possible). that's my most practiced thing . . . . . . . . but tidal op, so ya sins . . . . . . give up fighting sins, got it lol. 
Last Edit: Nov 16, 2015, 06:21 pm by Shintera

Offline Woda

• The elegance of mystic gameplay is not to be underestimated
  • Characters: Woda
Leizo got it right, but he didn't actually cover anything specific about fighting sins so here is what I know:

1. Use purify weapon, might ring and vit tome. Defense cape is optional. You have to wait out their first tidal in this gear, there is no point in going offensive during the first tidal.
2. ALWAYS purify tackling slash right away. That way they will only be able to lock you with stun. This is probably the most important thing.
3. Use vanguard for more pdef, ironheart for heals and shield for less dmg taken but these 3 should be obvious.

Staying alive vs sins is easy, there is just no way to kill the good ones. That's why Leizo said you shouldn't bother. Still... inexperienced sins are easy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.

Offline Shintera

Leizo got it right, but he didn't actually cover anything specific about fighting sins so here is what I know:

1. Use purify weapon, might ring and vit tome. Defense cape is optional. You have to wait out their first tidal in this gear, there is no point in going offensive during the first tidal.
2. ALWAYS purify tackling slash right away. That way they will only be able to lock you with stun. This is probably the most important thing.
3. Use vanguard for more pdef, ironheart for heals and shield for less dmg taken but these 3 should be obvious.

Staying alive vs sins is easy, there is just no way to kill the good ones. That's why Leizo said you shouldn't bother. Still... inexperienced sins are easy.
ya those 3 are obvious. so is using purify to get rid of tackling slash. . . . . . the only difference here are the purify wep and pdef ring. the ring i considered a long time ago. but dismissed it on the pretense that i needed the -channel from the mag ring. . . . . . seems that having max channel is nice when you are well guarded, but otherwise the extra defense takes prominence. and defense lvls from my weapon are exceptional. but vs something like a sin. not overly useful. . . . . (probably the same stuff vs a bm) though vs bm's i tend to change weapons/armor to get the matk/atk lvl boost for casting chains, then revert back. . . . . . . different fight though. . . . and it seems i should probably remove stream of rejuv from my heavily used spells and make it more situational. 
I'll work on dealing with less channel later, though i'm opt to keep my -channel boots/leggings at least (both x2 channel) and maby make a 2nd set later with phys reduction (which is more rare it seems) for situations where i'm able to use less channel
ps: appreciate the tips, now to apply them to more than just one matchup. and the class in general. 

Offline Woda

• The elegance of mystic gameplay is not to be underestimated
  • Characters: Woda
ya those 3 are obvious. so is using purify to get rid of tackling slash. . . . . . the only difference here are the purify wep and pdef ring. the ring i considered a long time ago. but dismissed it on the pretense that i needed the -channel from the mag ring. . . . . . seems that having max channel is nice when you are well guarded, but otherwise the extra defense takes prominence. and defense lvls from my weapon are exceptional. but vs something like a sin. not overly useful. . . . . (probably the same stuff vs a bm) though vs bm's i tend to change weapons/armor to get the matk/atk lvl boost for casting chains, then revert back. . . . . . . different fight though. . . . and it seems i should probably remove stream of rejuv from my heavily used spells and make it more situational.
I'll work on dealing with less channel later, though i'm opt to keep my -channel boots/leggings at least (both x2 channel) and maby make a 2nd set later with phys reduction (which is more rare it seems) for situations where i'm able to use less channel
ps: appreciate the tips, now to apply them to more than just one matchup. and the class in general.
Yeah, purify weapon and might ring increase your means of survival a lot. Definately try it out. While it slows your channeling a bit, Vanguard spirit and purify are both skills with very short channeling so it shouldn't matter much. Ironheart is slightly longer but it can still be used reasonably well.
Also, I agree on keeping your -channel boots and leggings. 
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.

Goldengate

I can even survive all the physical damage by a sin. All you need is a Purify weapon and DEF ornaments. Spam Soothing Pulse, Ironheart Blessing and Vanguard Spirit. Clerics got tons of other survival skills too, use them whenever needed. 

An EP can easily camp a sin all day if they are patient and know what they are doing.

Lulu

sins will always beat ep's, no exceptions. not even the 1/256 rule saves you.

kitty stew

You guys suggesting puri weapon must have the greatest luck on ticking it, I can't get my EP or mystic's puri wep to tick even with an army of ppl on me (and ~70 def lvls + puri), or even an army of ***ing mobs soloing TM. I know Aga has nerfed puri weapons repeatedly (I was here for the 25-75% puri ticks).. looks like he nerfed them out of usefulness now.