Epic Perfect World

Blackscreen issue on startup

Offline epicnewbie

I've been playing using Windows 10 no problem, and have always played in windowed mode.  Yesterday my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to check out full screen.  So I checked my monitor settings and the choose the correct resolution, then selected 'full' hit apply and bingo blackscreen.  So I couldnt play.  I used the task manager to close down the client and reopened it to another blackscreen, bummer.  I then used the task manager to minimise the blackscreen client and opened a second client which is still in windowed mode, so I can still play and I then close down the blackscreen client.  All other clients I then open are in windowed mode.

Now when I shut down for the day and start again, I have to go through the same process as the first client always opens in a fullscreen blackscreen.

My question is, with that blackscreen, is there a button I can press to toggle out of full screen mode, otherwise I'm stuck doing it that way from now on.  Unless anyone has any other suggestions........

Offline Three

• Nyx stole this <3
  • ☀ Suns stole this too.
  • Faction: Quack
You can choose windowed option while the patcher is still on (along with any other setting you wish to change before entering the game)
Last Edit: Nov 10, 2015, 10:48 pm by Three

01.01.2016. ♥

Offline epicnewbie

Thanks very much.  I have never explored those tabs before.  Problem solved  :)

Lulu

you have to use windowed mode with PWI on windows 10 as you don't have Direct3D support what-so-ever. them dropping that feature is what causes the black screen.

This cannot be fixed by us, nor by PW-CN.

(if you wanna be 100% certain, try playing Bejeweled 3. If you see a loading screen, that means that Direct3D isn't on your PC. Bejeweled 2 Deluxe has features that you cannot enable because it'll whine about Direct3D not being there.

And no, you can't use backups from W8.1; they will refuse to work as there is barely any dx9 support on that O/S.)