Epic Perfect World

MY HUMBLE OPINION

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?
Im starting to think everyone will find an excuse to argue about anything the GM's do or say. How hard is it to just play the game and have fun? If the STAFF of the server say something or make rules for an event Im pretty sure your supposed to follow them. No matter what anyone does theres always gunna be someone to complain or argue with it. >_<  Can't we all just stfu and play the game without being jerks and trying to ruin it for other people? It's called common Curtesy... At the end of the day we're all just players behind a computer screen playing this game for fun in our spare time. When something you do in your spare time becomes stressful maybe you should take a break Ijs.

+1
Your greatest enemy is your own ego

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Since some players are too immature and stubborn to read what the game rules and forums rules set forth by the admin and take them for face value and then use common sense to figure out the rest I have come up with a set of rules to be placed on the forums for players to read that covers the staff if the issue of “Where does it say that in the rules” comes up.

Possible Rules for Custom Events:
1.   NO PVP’ing/Pking during custom events within eyesight of the gm and while he/she is giving out the prizes. (This rule can be changed AT THE BEGINNING of the event at the discretion of the GM holding the event in case they wish it to be pvp/pk allowed.)
2.   NO Ksing during a book event or any other event where bosses/mobs are being killed unless specified differently BEFORE THE EVENT BEGINS by the gm hosting the event.
3.   NO giving answers or guesses in world chat or normal chat during the Hide N Seek event; if you wish to help others please do so in whisper, squad chat, guild chat or a chat room.
4.   NO arguing about anything of any sort in world chat during a custom event including but not limited to, pvp/pk outcomes, “who gets who for buttsex” etc. Use common sense here, if it’s not about needing help, selling/buying or guilds advertising then do not post it on world chat during the custom event, be considerate to the gm and players and keep chat clean during the event being held.
5.   DO NOT question a staff member’s action at anytime whatsoever no matter how much you feel they are wrong. If you have problems with a staff member DO NOT post it on the forums or complain about it in world chat or normal chat. If you cannot settle the matter in whisper to said gm then by all means send ALL COMPLAINTS against the Staff Member to the admin, Agatio, either on the forums or by email. Make sure to include screenshots of the offenses or the message will be trashed plain and simple. Anyone who does not comply with this rule is in danger of perma-ban or perma-silence (at the discretion of the admin).
6.   If you are banned or muted, DO NOT create another account to come on and complain about your other character being banned or muted. If this rule is broken you will be computer id banned and will never be allowed back.(not sure if agatio can do this but I have seen other admins do it and it works like a charm because the player cant proxy or change ip to get in.)

These are a general set of rules to serve as a guideline showing how concise rules must be in order to avoid the “It is not in the rules so we didn’t do anything wrong” issue. If any of the staff would like to use these rules it is fine but please MAKE SURE to say them BEFORE the event begins and please don’t make up rules as you go, it doesn’t do anything but make the players angry and then they cause drama in world chat.

Disclaimer: These are not official rules so do not bash me I’m only trying to make the world a more peaceful place by helping the staff set some boundaries that are becoming EXTREMELY disruptive to the players who love this game and don’t mind following a common sense approach to gaming.
If you feel I am in the wrong please keep your opinions to yourself this is a post to the staff meant for the staff only.

I like those rules, so I can make them valid from now and I will be good with your wife. For now.. lol 

But seriously... for me it is stating obvious, thus I really find "posting them on forum" unnecessary and I don't understand why it's so big deal with them...
Last Edit: Feb 27, 2012, 09:49 pm by Agatio

Offline HCG_Wrath

• If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
well i can understand where aimee and dark are coming from, although these are common sense rules, there are A LOT of people out there that dont have common sense or choose to ignore common sense, i can see some people purposely doing stupid sht at events just to irritate the GMs KNOWING that what they are doing is against the rules or morals of an event meant for people to have fun.

*Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.*

Offline Faeryl

Dearest Agatio,

I know this is off topic, but I have to ask what does this mean? "I will be good with your wife. For now".. lol .... Are you wanting to get frisky, *giggles*
Last Edit: Feb 27, 2012, 10:19 pm by Faeryl
When Soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a
battlefield they all have one rank in my eyes.

Offline nkv1

I agree with rules been stated before hand.
Also I think its an awesome idea to make to make a section on forum with the name custom events, only writable by GMs.Guide to the events is nicely written but its become a bit long and has become hactic with all reply's below. (forgive me for being first of those  to have made a reply there).
In the custom event section GMs should only write event they are in charge of hosting.
Use principal of reusable code. Write once use anywhere at anytime.
Each topic could have some structure like  this for example;
  • Name of Eventaka name of topic
  • Time of Event
  • GM Namewho will be in charge of hosting the event cumming up. (if GM cant make it at specified time).
  • Rules of Event
  • Punishmentfor breaking rules
  • Description of Event (or quest kill mobs x/x)
  • Rewards
  • Any thing else GM wants to add say.
  • Poll Do you like this event (player feedback)
Its another principal of programming called code refactoring. i am only suggesting little refactoring of event guides.
What would we gain from this:
  • Players gain easy readable events. (one topic one event)
  • Easy customization of events by GM holding them. I suspect GM do not log in to Agatio's account to make changes to event guide every time something changes. (For example changes in
  • time of event,
  • Dynamic time like 5 mins or 60 min while keeping events keeping the  synchronization,
  • More then one event at the time (parallel events for example PK Event and Book Event, each GM doing own event).
  • Postponing,
  • Canceling an event if there is not enough player willing to do it,
  • Change in Rules,
  • Number of events on daily bases,
  • etc, anything players and GM's agree to. so ultimately GM's have freedom, Agatio has more free time).
  • GM's will not forget to say anything before the event (crystal clear detailed rules written in section custom events).
  • Any GM can do any Event. as stated in 3. field of structure (more free time for GM's)
  • Players will ask less questions so GM's are less stressed and have greater control of the event. (Judging on the spot for example, not via forum or world chat).
  • In Game GM just make announcement before event starts, with optional link to your event on forum (if any changes are made in last 12h for example).
  • Section only editable by GM's is a good think we do not see many replays below like event is awesome or worse ever made or he did that and he should not have done it.
  • Players will be turned to forum for info, which is good since we already look here for rules.
This does have a few bad points:
  • each GM's would lose some time in the beginning to write 8 lines I have suggested above.
  • each GM has to maintain their events
  • each GM has to change GM hosting the event every time they can make it few hours earlier (I think GM are behind a PC all day like me, If not they can connect to forum for a sec to change that).
  • Players will be turned to forum for info, some people do not like to read forums, I share my knowledge with first timer anytime I can. Copy-pasteing large ammount info via chat is simply stupid, experienced Players are not information desk workers much less should the a GM's be.
Last Edit: Feb 27, 2012, 11:46 pm by nkv1
[move]Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine![/move]

Offline Lilly

• Retired Staff Member
All I have to say is Rules are always stated at the start of the event.. this thread is getting wild with all the "rules" you expect us to follow to give events to players. It's not hard to follow what the Gm says/asks. I won't say anything else on this topic.

Offline nkv1

If I were a GM I would use system I suggested above.
I have to maintain 8 lines written on forum and monitor a poll.
Just sneak a peek once weekly after its written.
No biggy.
[move]Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine![/move]

Offline nkv1

All I have to say is Rules are always stated at the start of the event.. this thread is getting wild with all the "rules" you expect us to follow to give events to players. It's not hard to follow what the Gm says/asks. I won't say anything else on this topic.
We suggest rules and stuff, things are done as GM says and decides,
GM's word is law in game.