Epic Perfect World

Can't manage to download game client :<

Offline Sarcelle

• United we stand, Divided they fall.
Hiya :)!
First of all, apologies if I posted this in the wrong section!

Okay, so, I usually play EPW on my laptop and I've had no troubles whatsoever to download it. But now I had to take the laptop for repairs and it's going to take a while to get it back according to the repair-man guy thing.

Yeah okay, any who. I thought about downloading EPW on my 'home' computer. That's where I'm encountering problems. I manage to download it and stuff, but when I try to extract files or run anything I get error notifications.

I have tried downloading the client from the torrent links and the mirror links. (I'm now trying to download it again)

I tried to read anything related to this problem in the forum, but didn't manage to find anything.

I have included a picture of the error I get every time I try to extract the files.

Also, the computer's Operating System is 'Windows XP' whereas the laptop's Operating System is 'Windows 7'.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help :)
And keep this server as awesome as it is   ^-^
Sarcelle Level 150 Demon Blademaster

Offline naty92

Try to instal winrar:D or zip

Offline naty92

7-zip like on download page

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
i see u r using google chrome, we have experienced some problems with users using google chrome to download the client. it kinda tends to corrupt some files :/ i dunno if its cuz it wanna protect the computer or something...can u try downloading it with IE ?

another thing, are u using 7-zip to extract ?

and are u running it as admin ?

Offline Sarcelle

Try to instal winrar:D or zip

Okay, thanks! I just downloaded it and I'll try to use it :)

i see u r using google chrome, we have experienced some problems with users using google chrome to download the client. it kinda tends to corrupt some files :/ i dunno if its cuz it wanna protect the computer or something...can u try downloading it with IE ?

another thing, are u using 7-zip to extract ?

and are u running it as admin ?

Oh okay! Sure, I'll try to download it using IE, and I'll post again to let you know if it works or not :)

I wasn't using 7-zip to extract seeing as I didn't use it on the laptop and it still worked, I though it would work on here too. But I just downloaded it and I'll try to use it once I download the client from IE :) 

And yes, I am:)

Thank you both for the tips! I'll try to re-download it again and let you guys know if it works ^-^!

Offline Sarcelle

Just a lil' note saying it worked:)

Thank you very much!  :smiley:

Offline Kayla

• Kindness goes a long way <3
I updated auto, says Player light models are corrupted. Where is the patch tiself to manually DL ? its not in patch link. Sorry for the trouble.
Warning: Head strong woman, so go troll someone else's opinion & views.
10% Sweetheart
90% B!tch
Kayla - Sage R8 Sin
LilKayla - Sage R8 Psy
McKenzie - Demon BM
MistyNite - Demon R8 Cleric
Kenzie - Demon R8 Wizzy

Offline Kayla

• Kindness goes a long way <3
no help at all ?
Warning: Head strong woman, so go troll someone else's opinion & views.
10% Sweetheart
90% B!tch
Kayla - Sage R8 Sin
LilKayla - Sage R8 Psy
McKenzie - Demon BM
MistyNite - Demon R8 Cleric
Kenzie - Demon R8 Wizzy

McStabby

no help at all ?

The patch link, Agatio would have to post it I believe.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
did u try to verify the files ?
I am having the same issue's as Kayla. A little window pops up, Says " Players/Models/bunch of gibberish symbols" & then does'nt start. I have verified & restart computer, same thing.
Any idea's ? or should I just move on. If its not fixable just say so, no biggie.

**Edit**
my entire college dorm is having the very same issue's. 32 of us that play here.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I am working on the fix, for now please copy models.pck file from any other client 1.4.5+ and click verify the files.