Epic Perfect World

New to EPW

Offline Cygnus

• Do what you gotta do.
Hi everyone! So as you can tell by the title, I'm new to EPW. I've played PWI, then PWV (I was GM but they have a horrible GM team, so I left) and now I'm here! So is this game any different from PWV? I noticed that when you vote here, that you get 65 silver, whereas in PWV you get 1000 gold. Does the 65 silver actually do anything? Is there anything that's really different here than in PWV? Tell me anything! Thank you so much in advance!
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
putting it simple, this isn't a free server  :-\
here it's needed to farm gears and other items. things aren't that hard of course, but we don't like the idea of giving free items to players, we believe in a "farm to earn" system  :police:

Offline Cygnus

• Do what you gotta do.
putting it simple, this isn't a free server  :-\
here it's needed to farm gears and other items. things aren't that hard of course, but we don't like the idea of giving free items to players, we believe in a "farm to earn" system  :police:

Yea PWV sort of changed to that, but they still give out free stuff. That's another reason I left. Anything I should really know that's like completely different from PWV?

Offline Cygnus

• Do what you gotta do.
Also in, PWV, you have to patch our game, I didn't really understand the patching concept here. So I don't need to do it?

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
u will have to download the full client since we have things that cant be patched ;)
we have custem events, instances, etc...

Offline Decency23

The huge difference between this and PWV for me is how necessary it is to vote. Obviously voting helps you get your stuff faster here, but it is nowhere near as necessary in PWV (donor gears).

You can get literally anything you want just from farming. Also it takes quite a bit longer to level here.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
yea we don't have a "donation gear" lol
we offer donation to help us keep the server ofc but its a fast way to get things, not diferent from other players.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
I didn't play Vendetta, can't compare them. I came here from PWI (RT) directly. :)

You can donate and buy stuff, but the same stuff you can get if just farm.
Farming just takes more time, but people don't get "unfair advantages" by
donating.

If you can't or won't donate you can vote every 6 hours and buy stuff you
find too boring to farm. (Some people like "hard" work, some don't.)

Agatio and GM's work really hard, they are devoted to server and community.
Gear, skills and other things are balanced (as much as possible).

If you PK you can win by your performance, not by passive gear/skill additions.
They have non-public test server and they try things thorougly before implement.

If you don't like PK (my case) you have lot of PvE content, including custom
events speciffic for Epic.

You have guides on forum better than I saw on other sites.

I LOVE the thing that you can multiclient. You can make seeker first and
then use it to level/gear your other toons.

Or you can make Barb, squad it (and buff yourself) to open FC, TT or Nirvy
million times by yourself if you want.

You have God's Giving NPC everywhere to buy many things for simple
ingame coins. And you can get coins with just a little farming (say, PV).

And so on...
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Scylla

I will say that this is nothing like the 1.4 Vendetta I played. There are no packs, no JoSD, DoT, etc. Most basic items such as teleport stones, hierograms, refining items and most things related to those are offered through the Gods Giving NPC, and do not require gold/silver to buy. However, things most required for endgame characters are not offered through this NPC, instead through the boutique.

There is no R9, At all. Gear here is custom from the first time you make a character until endgame. Only thing non-custom is R8 recast, but it isn't needed to be a full end game geared character. Dragon items (endgame gear) can be acquired through Epic Coins (currency) or bought from the boutique. There ARE attack/defense levels here but only in gear, there are no stones with them and they are not in mass amounts and I can say are VERY balanced.

Leveling here is a little lengthy, but nothing too hard. It does push your patience a little bit though. I recommend during Phoenix Valley until level 140+ and then hitting GV, gives EC for gear and a lot faster.

PK is a lot of fun, it requires a little skill here because of our higher defense and HP levels, so even if caught off guard, its not a sure kill like most servers I've played. You don't die as quickly as you would in a server with pure R9 or R8. You could kinda say it requires some "skill".

Donation isn't really required, it makes things a lot easier, but you can play through the entire game without doing it once. Just make sure you vote as much as possible.

I hopeeeeee what I said made sense and that it gave you a good idea of what our server has to offer.

Offline Cygnus

• Do what you gotta do.
Thank you so much everyone! This helped a whole lot! This game is waaaaaay better than Vendetta, because you basically have everything from the Boutique, and you're basically done playing as soon as you have your R9 3rd recast (obtained from WS).

Offline Fender

• Perfect World Epic Player
i just wonted say hi to every one as im new

Offline Fender

• Perfect World Epic Player

Offline Billsoro

• Love is nothing but a hollowness inside.
i just wonted say hi to every one as im new
Hiiii!!!!! so am i, so Hi everyone. I just have one problem...  :'( :'( :'( i dont know how to post in forums...
I'm new here had a good amount of (super) strong characters on Perfect World International but felt as if they were 'farming us' so I Came here to a new community, hope we can all have fun together. *peace*

Offline Pandar

• Nom.
  • I haven't finished doing nothing from yesterday.
Hiiii!!!!! so am i, so Hi everyone. I just have one problem...  :'( :'( :'( i dont know how to post in forums...
Lolwut.

Offline Billsoro

• Love is nothing but a hollowness inside.
Lolwut.
A new thread, should've mentioned  hehehhe :P
I'm new here had a good amount of (super) strong characters on Perfect World International but felt as if they were 'farming us' so I Came here to a new community, hope we can all have fun together. *peace*