Epic Perfect World

Patching from newer version of PW

Offline deathm3tal

I previously played PW philippines and it has a patch version of 53.  how do i update it manually to become patch 39 of epicpw?  I don't want to download the entire client since my download speed is not that fast  :P

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
you will have to download the full client im sorry :/
patching any other PW no longer works and it would bring up a lot of bugs, glitches and connection issues.

Offline deathm3tal

deymn, that sucks   :sad: Anyways, thanks for the reply. See ya in game VERY SOON :))

Offline deathm3tal

how about is there some way to make the program think that my version is something less than 39 so that the manual patch would work? anyone know how?  because if i try the manual patch to v39, it says that current version is updated, and therefore does not continue on with the manual patching.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
there is but im not sure if it will work, so i won't explain it here since i actually never testd it.
what you can do is open the launcher and click on the verify files button, i think that might fix that problem.

let us know how it went.

Offline deathm3tal

veryfying files does not work. It says "invalid patch server"  I already changed patchserver.txt to "http://178.33.234.187/patch145/" but it still does not work hehe

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
do u get any error?

Offline deathm3tal

It says "Invalid patch server",  when i try to verify the files.  When i use update manually using the v39 patch, it sayS "current version matches package.  update canceled".  I am now trying to reinstall my PW philippines client then try to manual patch it to v39.  I really dont consider downloading the epicpw client at the moment since it would take about 4-5days with my current download speed :P

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
that wont work i explained it on the previous post  :-\
you will get bugs and glitches in the game.

Offline deathm3tal

oh well, that's too bad  :smiley:

Offline deathm3tal

is this the current updateserver.txt "http://178.33.234.187/patch145/"??

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
"Patch"   "http://178.33.234.187/patch145/"

yup seems to be correct

Offline deathm3tal

thanks.  still says invalid patch server.  oh well, im gonna start downloading the client then :P

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
well i can give u a tip
u can use JDownloader, its a free program for downloads but not an accelarator :/ so it won't increase the download speed. what it does is let u pause downloads so u can download them when its possible for u  :-\