Epic Perfect World

Let's continue here, Mentalista

Was going to reply to your thread, but it was closed before I posted it. So, here is it:

A couple of facts from the video:
None of the damage that EVIE dealt was less than 15k.
Your psy dealt 6 hits with less than 15k of damage, out of the total 10 hits - 60% of the time you will deal less damage than EVIE for every attack.
Here's the distributions for both of you:
EVIE
15k-16k = 6 hits
16k-17k = 3 hits
>30k      = 1 hit
Mentalista
13k-14k = 2 hits
14k-15k = 4 hits
15k-16k = 2 hits
20k-30k = 2 hits
This gives:
EVIE
13k-14k = 0%
14k-15k = 0%
15k-16k = 60%
16k-17k = 30%
20k-30k = 0%
>30k     = 10%
Mentalista
13k-14k = 20%
14k-15k = 40%
15k-16k = 20%
16k-17k = 0%
20k-30k = 20%
>30k     = 0%
Therefore:
100% of the time EVIE will deal at least 15k damage ; and 60% of the time Mentalista will deal lower than 15k ;
which means 60% of the time EVIE can be confident that her lowest damage will be higher than the damage that Mentalista deals.

Also, 40% of the time Mentalista will deal at least 15k, which is the lowest EVIE will deal.

Moreover, only 12% of the time both will deal 15k-16k. Curious about the % that Mentalista will deal higher damage than EVIE? There is only 1 scenario that this can happen, and it is 18% chance.  

Lastly, even if Mentalista crits, there is still 10% chance that EVIE will outdamage him.

All the calculations above were done based only on the data provided in the video.

So, Mentalista where does your 9% increase apply here?

Last Edit: Sept 29, 2015, 01:34 pm by IDuKnow

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
EVIE average 17.7k , Mentalista average 18k (with highest hit as base. 20-30k, i take 30k)
if psy hits me 15k 15k 15k 15k idc but if i see 25-30k then i insta use defensive stuff

Goldengate

Mentalista needs to take a break in real life before he can answer your question...
Last Edit: Sept 29, 2015, 02:41 pm by Goldenwishes™
EVIE average 17.7k , Mentalista average 18k (with highest hit as base. 20-30k, i take 30k)
if psy hits me 15k 15k 15k 15k idc but if i see 25-30k then i insta use defensive stuff
Mentalista's average is higher because he got 2 crit hits out of 10 hits. This is also one of the problems of his "experiment", the damage sample size is too small that it does not produce a reliable result. In fact, their crit rates are the same. If you repeat this experiment for many times, then you will get a more accurate result. But you are right, what makes most people scared is actually the spike damage. However, it is also the most difficult part to analyze. Still, it does not mean we should just exclude them, like what Mentalista did. 

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
evie obviously outdmgs him, taking the experiment on a scale of 100-200 hits , they will have similar amount of critics which will lead to way higher average dmg for evie due to her normal hits being 2-3k more + critics making it around 5-6k

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
Mentalista's average is higher because he got 2 crit hits out of 10 hits. This is also one of the problems of his "experiment", the damage sample size is too small that it does not produce a reliable result. In fact, their crit rates are the same. If you repeat this experiment for many times, then you will get a more accurate result. But you are right, what makes most people scared is actually the spike damage. However, it is also the most difficult part to analyze. Still, it does not mean we should just exclude them, like what Mentalista did.
I had luck...I cant have average higher dmg over her...Thats why i disconsider crit.

Was going to reply to your thread, but it was closed before I posted it. So, here is it:

Your psy dealt 6 hits with less than 15k of damage, out of the total 10 hits - 60% of the time you will deal less damage than EVIE for every attack.
EVIE
15k-16k = 6 hits
16k-17k = 3 hits
>30k      = 1 hit
Mentalista
13k-14k = 2 hits
14k-15k = 4 hits
15k-16k = 2 hits
20k-30k = 2 hits
This gives:
EVIE
13k-14k = 0%
14k-15k = 0%
15k-16k = 60%
16k-17k = 30%
20k-30k = 0%
>30k     = 10%
Mentalista
13k-14k = 20%
14k-15k = 40%
15k-16k = 20%
16k-17k = 0%
20k-30k = 20%
>30k     = 0%
Therefore:
100% of the time EVIE will deal at least 15k damage ; and 60% of the time Mentalista will deal lower than 15k ;
which means 60% of the time EVIE can be confident that her lowest damage will be higher than the damage that Mentalista deals.

Also, 40% of the time Mentalista will deal at least 15k, which is the lowest EVIE will deal.

Moreover, only 12% of the time both will deal 15k-16k. Curious about the % that Mentalista will deal higher damage than EVIE? There is only 1 scenario that this can happen, and it is 18% chance.  

Lastly, even if Mentalista crits, there is still 10% chance that EVIE will outdamage him.

All the calculations above were done based only on the data provided in the video.

This is bs, u cant preview variables like when u gonna hit the minimum and maximum magic atk, its based on luck, we can hit 100 times and we will have no sequence of maximum-minimum magic atk variance, if u or anyone could preview it, then i think u should tell me lottery numbers, so i get rich.

Its like, we do the test again, but now i have too much luck and 9/10 of my hits reach the maximum magic atk, then all those % numbers u got go down the hill. THERES STUFFS U CANT PREVIEW!THERES STUFFS U CANT PREVIEW!THERES STUFFS U CANT PREVIEW!

And i cant see nothing here on the game that says that when u have more magic atk u hit more times with the Maximum magic atk, like u aree trying to make seems...

evie obviously outdmgs him, taking the experiment on a scale of 100-200 hits , they will have similar amount of critics which will lead to way higher average dmg for evie due to her normal hits being 2-3k more + critics making it around 5-6k

Fallacies, nowhere in the video she could hit 2k 3k more than me on average.And never going to happen.
Last Edit: Sept 29, 2015, 02:57 pm by Caique

My damage log collection NEW

darkfe321

Point is.. who cares?

Offline Jaye

• Characters: Peanut
i am so glad you opened this thread.. it gives me the opportunity to respond to the  comment about me saying i could do more damage than a 45% crit psy.. that is NOT what i said..  i told you ofc i someone with 45% crit would do more damage because they will crit more although with lower magic attacks the crits would be lower than my crits..when u asked if i did more damage than hawkward i said that i didnt know i've never actually seen him so i would have no basis to compare.. and i said that i know that as of a year ago i did more damage than shayman.. that was cheap as fk you little weasel.. you know what i said.. you logged out because i had a plausible argument that made your little experiment look like an incomplete waste of time..

Life is too short to be anything but Happy

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
i am so glad you opened this thread.. it gives me the opportunity to respond to the  comment about me saying i could do more damage than a 45% crit psy.. that is NOT what i said..  i told you ofc i someone with 45% crit would do more damage because they will crit more although with lower magic attacks the crits would be lower than my crits..when u asked if i did more damage than hawkward i said that i didnt know i've never actually seen him so i would have no basis to compare.. and i said that i know that as of a year ago i did more damage than shayman.. that was cheap as fk you little weasel.. you know what i said.. you logged out because i had a plausible argument that made your little experiment look like an incomplete waste of time..
Your argument is only blabla and no experiment.
Last Edit: Sept 29, 2015, 03:05 pm by Caique

Goldengate

Your argument is only blabla and no experiment.
Full-Dex psychic is the solution to this experiment. Invest all the EC on 4x attack weapon and dex stats on R8...

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran

EVIE
15k-16k = 6 hits
16k-17k = 3 hits
>30k      = 1 hit
Mentalista
13k-14k = 2 hits
14k-15k = 4 hits
15k-16k = 2 hits
20k-30k = 2 hits
This gives:
EVIE
13k-14k = 0%
14k-15k = 0%
15k-16k = 60%
16k-17k = 30%
20k-30k = 0%
>30k     = 10%
Mentalista
13k-14k = 20%
14k-15k = 40%
15k-16k = 20%
16k-17k = 0%
20k-30k = 20%
>30k     = 0%
Therefore:

Btw check this and tell me where u get 17k hits from EViE

EViE 15k ~ 16,5k rounding correctly.
Me   13,5k ~15k rounding correctly.

U seems not good with rounding numbers, but this wont change the fact that Minimum-Maximum Magic ATK is luck based and nothing u can do will preview it and that magic points wont increase % chance of use maximum magic atk more.

Last Edit: Sept 29, 2015, 03:16 pm by Caique

Btw check this and tell me where u get 17k hits from EViE

EViE 15k ~ 16,5k rounding correctly.
Me   13,5k ~15k rounding correctly.

U seems not good with rounding numbers, but this wont change the fact that Minimum-Maximum Magic ATK is luck based and nothing u can do will preview it and that magic points wont increase % chance of use maximum magic atk more.
LOL...dude, first of all,  do you even know how to calculate sample average correctly?
The 10 damages you got in the video are indeed samples of the underlying random variable, which is the damage dealt in this case.

Sum up all the samples and divide it by the number of samples, here you go:
EVIE: (15592+...+16000)/10 = 17220
Mentalista: (29236+...+14506)/10 = 17213 ( < 17220 LMAO)

The above calculations include all samples (even with crits), and it shows that Mentalista's average is LOWER than EVIE's, even with 2 critical hits.

Hold on, 17220 and 17213 seems extremely close, but do not forget, with 2 crit hits, Mentalista's average is still lower than EVIE's, who only got 1 crit hit out of 10 hits.

So, what's the point here? In terms of damage, both of you are hardly comparable, assuming all other factors are the same and constant. 

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
LOL...dude, first of all,  do you even know how to calculate sample average correctly?
The 10 damages you got in the video are indeed samples of the underlying random variable, which is the damage dealt in this case.

Sum up all the samples and divide it by the number of samples, here you go:
EVIE: (15592+...+16000)/10 = 17220
Mentalista: (29236+...+14506)/10 = 17213 ( < 17220 LMAO)

The above calculations include all samples (even with crits), and it shows that Mentalista's average is LOWER than EVIE's, even with 2 critical hits.

Hold on, 17220 and 17213 seems extremely close, but do not forget, with 2 crit hits, Mentalista's average is still lower than EVIE's, who only got 1 crit hit out of 10 hits.

So, what's the point here? In terms of damage, both of you are hardly comparable, assuming all other factors are the same and constant.
U cant do this, maximum and minimum magic ATK use and crit are random, depends of the players luck, using your method the player that get the better luck moment will be pointed as higher damager, your test is not accurated like use

(MaximumDMGreached + MinimumDMGreached) / 2 = STABLE Average

And u know who works with math goes for the stable always.

U forgot to explain me how u round 16360 to 17000, and 13632 to 13000, is this the new rounding law? ???

Check this before ask if i know calc

Last Edit: Sept 29, 2015, 03:59 pm by Caique

U cant do this, maximum and minimum magic ATK use are random, depends of the players luck, not accurated like use
(maxdmgreached + minimumdmgreached) / 2 = average
LOOOOOL...dude do you even know what you are talking about? 
By excluding crits, you are throwing valuable information away, which would reduce the credibility of your result. Because your result will not reflect the effect caused by the crits. 
Okay, if you insist to exclude crit, then you should do it on a consistent basis. EVIE got 1 crit, so 9 non-crits; you got 2 crits, so 8 non-crits. But why do you have 1 less non-crit observation here? You are taking 9 obs to compare with 8 obs. Do you know what you are doing? 
Also, you should never use samples to create a range and make a conclusion based on it. So let's say you have 5 samples all non-crits:
Based on your "calculation", the range would be 1000-3000, so the average is 2000.
Really?
U cant do this, maximum and minimum magic ATK use and crit are random, depends of the players luck, using your method the player that get the better luck moment will be pointed as higher damager, your test is not accurated like use

(MaximumDMGreached + MinimumDMGreached) / 2 = STABLE Average

And u know who works with math goes for the stable always.

U forgot to explain me how u round 16360 to 17000, and 13632 to 13000, is this the new rounding law? ???

Check this before ask if i know calc

LMAO...You seem to know a lot less than I thought. Listen dude, it is not rounding, it is interval.