Epic Perfect World

[GM]'s Elixir

Goldengate

Yes I will be hidden, if they have the herbs already farmed then welp. Not sure why they do. Thats what im asking for suggestions for, problems are ok to point out but I need some solutions also (since I already thought of that dilemma). Maybe not only herbs but some other ingredient - thats what I need ideas of.

Goldenwishes, it will be hide and seek also. All herbs can be found and will be checked before the event is started anyway.
Two of the herbs should be farmable from places near the main cities (Plume City, 1000 Streams etc). One of the herbs should have a long cooldown and should take one to two minutes to get it... 
http://perfectworld-ahim.blogspot.hk/2010/07/mats-and-herbs-coordinates-koordinat.html
I think the players should find the GM first (you in this case) and you should whisper them which herbs to get. We can't prevent people from sharing which herbs are needed but I don't think they will share them anyway since the awards are very rewarding.

Offline Kev

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aladdin Skane Shrowd IIIIIIIIII
  • Faction: Team69
Actually a really nice idea and solution, thanks.
aye no prob :police:

Angelica

You could spawn special mobs in different locations (they could be plant mobs I geuss to go with the herb theme) and they would drop the specified material these materials could have a timer on them so players couldn't keep them for the next event. Timer could be 30minutes-1hour. Players would have to search the map for the special mobs with hints of their areas similar to hide and seek and then when they acquire the materials they would come to you. (Your coordinates should be given beforehand xD) Looking for mobs and looking for you would be too much work xD.
if you'll have a timer on them then it should be some new kind of herb, not the ones listed, as it could lead to confusion that some herbs have timers on them and then some players come with their normal herb (farmed beforehand) with the same name
so maybe add a new herb item with a new name so no one gets confused about it

Offline Kev

• Old Player
if you'll have a timer on them then it should be some new kind of herb, not the ones listed, as it could lead to confusion that some herbs have timers on them and then some players come with their normal herb (farmed beforehand) with the same name
yea ofcourse the drops dropped by the mobs should not be the same herbs farmed or even have the same name they should be custom herbs (not very hard to do since they serve no purpose except to be turned in so all they would need is a name and an icon)

Offline Kev

• Old Player
You could spawn special mobs in different locations (they could be plant mobs I geuss to go with the herb theme) and they would drop the specified material these materials could have a timer on them so players couldn't keep them for the next event. Timer could be 30minutes-1hour. Players would have to search the map for the special mobs with hints of their areas similar to hide and seek and then when they acquire the materials they would come to you. (Your coordinates should be given beforehand xD) Looking for mobs and looking for you would be too much work xD.
I couple of problems I just thought about with my own idea minor but still problems. Since there's a 1st 2nd and 3rd place chances are if one person finds the area he will sig his friend/faction mate to the area and since pk is allowed most of the event winners will be pk dominated. (I don't mind I love pk) but to some it might be a problem.
2nd problem is since these items are tradeable nothing stops anyone from dual clienting in bluename and just trading the materials over once they're done.

Offline Chocolate

• Retired Staff Member

Yeah they will be different herbs with different names. I will do it one of these ways:
3 mobs spawned at each area, each dropping one herb. Since there will be 3 winners at the end.

Or

A bunch of a single mob in one area that has a chance to drop one of the 3 herbs. That way the first person find the mobs, be fast at killing them and be lucky enough to get the three needed will be the winner. The herbs will ofcourse have a timer too so people don't hoard them.

Most likely the second since theres no stopping someone from picking up all herbs.
Last Edit: Sept 28, 2015, 10:38 am by Chocolate

Angelica

Well, giving out the names of the herbs already, don't you think people will go farm them now since they know the names just to win the event :-\
this is probably why she asked for suggestions so people won't go and farm everything beforehand, if you read above there was a suggestion how to fix this as well

although another problem with giving out the gm's location would be that people can just go and spam trade even if they don't have the certain herbs just to prevent others from getting to gms in time 
the event would be really easy to sabotage like this

Goldengate

Your idea is really nice but it would take way too long and people would be PKing each other for awards and the title.
Basically these would happen
1) Some players are at a disadvantage if they don't the game very well
2) People with better gears would PK others just for fun
3) Groupings would start

Offline Chocolate

• Retired Staff Member
I couple of problems I just thought about with my own idea minor but still problems. Since there's a 1st 2nd and 3rd place chances are if one person finds the area he will sig his friend/faction mate to the area and since pk is allowed most of the event winners will be pk dominated. (I don't mind I love pk) but to some it might be a problem.
2nd problem is since these items are tradeable nothing stops anyone from dual clienting in bluename and just trading the materials over once they're done.

If someone really wants to win they can go blue name, pk is allowed but not promoted. The items wont be tradeable nor account stashable and they will have a time limit.

Offline Kev

• Old Player
If someone really wants to win they can go blue name, pk is allowed but not promoted. The items wont be tradeable nor account stashable and they will have a time limit.
wait so if the items aren't tradeable how will you know whether they have them or not? I thought the premise was to acquire the materials and trade them to you?:o Will you check their inventory? And also if that's the case if two people come to you at the same time whos inventory do you check first? :rolleyes:

Offline Chocolate

• Retired Staff Member
Your idea is really nice but it would take way too long and people would be PKing each other for awards and the title.
3) Groupings would start

As i said, blue name is completely ok. Pk is allowed for 2 reasons, events which promote masspk are always nice and secondly stopping pk would be way too much to handle and i dont want to set the event in a non-pk area.

Offline Chocolate

• Retired Staff Member
wait so if the items aren't tradeable how will you know whether they have them or not? I thought the premise was to acquire the materials and trade them to you?:o Will you check their inventory? And also if that's the case if two people come to you at the same time whos inventory do you check first? :rolleyes:

Yeah nevermind I forgot about that, well if they want to trade them they can lol. Doesnt determine that they will be first. Read my post about blue name.

Goldengate

As i said, blue name is completely ok. Pk is allowed for 2 reasons, events which promote masspk are always nice and secondly stopping pk would be way too much to handle and i dont want to set the event in a non-pk area.
How much HP will the mobs have?

Offline Kev

• Old Player
3) Groupings would start
1) players who don't game very well do poorly in all events hosted on epic I think except maybe the word scrambles and trivia
2) This happens in all pkable events
3) unavoidable if pk is allowed

Offline Chocolate

• Retired Staff Member
How much HP will the mobs have?

Things like that will be tested, ofcourse we dont want sins winning everytime. Likely the drops will be free, so anyone can pick up.