Epic Perfect World

Any ideas for an end game instance?

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
Hey guys, yesterday a few people in my fac were thinking up ideas for an end game instance, something for lvl 150+
We considered all sorts of factors; like difficulty, incentive, drops, possible maps. We even went as far as discussing mob and boss skins, drop rates, and debuffs. I've decided to gather SS's of various mob skins for it, but i figured, why not ask you guys what YOU want from it. Again, i havent spoken with any Gm's about this yet, we're waiting until we have more details and ideas, so it doesn't pressure gms too much to think of all the details. Any ideas you have, like instance type, mobs, drops, drop rates, etc. i would be grateful to veiw your ideas here. And critisism is welcome, but pls no flames or hatemail, let's try to keep this constructive, and not turn it into a smut fest that gms have to lock away :))

Here are a few ideas to give u an idea of wats up. (Note: this is only a small part of the ideas)
Instance type: we were thinking of using an unused instance like 51 or 59, maybe 79. We thought of 39 too, but we've all been there and for some of us, too many times for our liking. Sadistic Glee and NS are already taken, Secret passage is great, tho flying and open pvp may make it pointless. And let's face it, fb29 is laughably short  xD
Drops: we had to consider; what is it people want? what would make us farm an end game instance. It was tricky, we discarded ideas about raps, cannies, and fc mats as they were already farmable. We came to the conclusion that ec and warsong crystals (tho farmable elsewhere) could make a nice mundane boss drop, or as an ocationa mob drop. We all love fliers and mount, especially the rare ones. Though farming 750 ec, or getting 15 gold seems a steep price to pay, especially for those looking to get R8. so a 10% mount, 20% mount token, 5% flier ticket, and a 1% rare fier, might also provide a nice incentive. Also, possible r8 mat drops would make farming r8 more accesible to those who have busy lives. not everyone can do trials, and some cant farm ec effectively, so a handful of mats (nothing major) could also be a welcome possibility. Wraith badges could be a nice 5-10% mob drop as well ;)
Purpose: While there are many wants and needs for each individual player, we cant cram them all into a single purpose, otherwise we'll have a 1-shop shop instance, and other factors of the game will die. however, there are many unused maps, and therefore, multiple layouts and purposes to work with. there can be an r8 mat instance, a rare drop instance, and possibly even a themed instance.The question isnt what the instance can give to us, the question is, what can the instance give to the game. How can it contribute to the game in a way that doesnt damage the server, whie still making enough of an impact to make it useful or simply just fun? I'll admit, pvp is fun, but sometimes i crave a challenging pve instance, and so far (and im not complaining just pointing out) that outside events, only place to have a pve challenge is gv, and it's far too long to do 100 times. I would like the option to have Renegade (or as i call it Hall of Blasphamy) and a super instance, made for the most challenging mobs and bosses, possibly even requiring full squad to even have a chance. Though i ALSO know that bringing back an instance like that may be tricky, and making it so all classes are needed may also be hard. I'd advise a boss or so, that gives itself a super buff, forcing people to bring a veno to purge and amp it. I have alot more ideas for it, but i will go into those later. This is mearly to find your opinion on this, if it is well recieved, then i'd be happy to add to this, and make it an ongoing post  :)

I could list far more, but i dont want to make this post a whole page long. We have many more ideas, this is merely the tip of the iceburg; but lemme know what u think, and feel free to throw in ideas of your own. I promise we WILL take them into consideration, and if i need to, i can make a seperate post for debating those ideas to keep this post on track. thank you  ^.^
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Aquasfira

• I love neon colors!!
  • My life is everywhere, and I'll live it all! <3
:D Wow I love this! It'd be great to have another place to farm something other then GV all the time really ^_^ plus a little more challenge and to make it feel like an older teamwork play. I hope this gets approved and more refined, but I like where this is going so far!

DA: http://obsidianthorn.deviantart.com/
Aquasfira 150-Cleric Demon | UglyStick 150-Seeker Sage
Luxray 148-Archer Demon | Bawllin 140-Barb Sage

Offline Jaye

• Characters: Peanut
This sounds like it would be a great idea..any feedback from gm's and possibly making this idea come to life??

Life is too short to be anything but Happy

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
yea, it's still a work in progress and i'm waiting for it to become a bit more planed out before talking to a gm about it. Once i feel it's ready, i'll make a post about it in the suggestion forums, but for now it's still being discussed. Anyone can say let's add an instance, but those who think it out first have a better chance of pushing it through. That's what i'm aiming for atm  :)
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Lan

• mmm bacon
  • Harshland Leader

Instance type: we were thinking of using an unused instance like 51 or 59, maybe 79.

BH 51 sounds perfect IMO.  There or even the level 19 caves. 

I like this idea greatly.  It should be difficult enough to require an actual squad of players imo.  <---that would be awesome.  SOOOOO much stuff is soloed and kinda makes the game less fun at times.  Maybe make the mobs level 175-200.  Then, apply the drops you mentioned.  Bosses could drop a few EC and loads of coins maybe even reputation in the form of badges or the other rep items that drop rarely in BH 29-59 (forget the exact name atm)..Apoc pages, Chrono Pages, Pages of Fate....hmm.  Lots of items could drop from mobs and bosses that may make it more worth while to the everyday player.  (aka Incentive to do it). 

Hmm...as I'm writing this I'm thinking the 3 unused FB19 caves sound best.  Have an NPC outside to start the instance and Required level set at 145+ maybe?  Kinda like you start TM, you could start it that way.  It would reset the cave to have harder mobs for the instance.....idk.  Kinda disorganized thoughts there guys, but you get the drift.  Just expanding on what Auriel said really lol

I LOVE THE IDEA!!!!!

+1
I am.
Lan 150 Dem/Seeker           StelioKontos 150 Dem/BM
BloodKnife 150 Sage/Sin      Ashaman 150 Sage/Wiz
Aftershocks 150 Sage/Psy   Lion_O-150 Dem/Barb
Boba_Fett 150 Dem/Archer  More to come...

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
BH 51 sounds perfect IMO.  There or even the level 19 caves. 

I like this idea greatly.  It should be difficult enough to require an actual squad of players imo.  <---that would be awesome.  SOOOOO much stuff is soloed and kinda makes the game less fun at times.  Maybe make the mobs level 175-200.  Then, apply the drops you mentioned.  Bosses could drop a few EC and loads of coins maybe even reputation in the form of badges or the other rep items that drop rarely in BH 29-59 (forget the exact name atm)..Apoc pages, Chrono Pages, Pages of Fate....hmm.  Lots of items could drop from mobs and bosses that may make it more worth while to the everyday player.  (aka Incentive to do it). 

Hmm...as I'm writing this I'm thinking the 3 unused FB19 caves sound best.  Have an NPC outside to start the instance and Required level set at 145+ maybe?  Kinda like you start TM, you could start it that way.  It would reset the cave to have harder mobs for the instance.....idk.  Kinda disorganized thoughts there guys, but you get the drift.  Just expanding on what Auriel said really lol

I LOVE THE IDEA!!!!!

+1
Yea i thought about the Fb 19 caves too, but they are already used for pv which would make for a slightly boring enviornment in my opinion. In my opinion, the mobs and drops shouldn't be the only insteresting thing, the scenery should be too. Tho i DO like the idea of a full untamed 19, that was a good one. and pv cuts it very short. anyways, i'll keep checking in, lemme know if u have any questions, comments, advise, or input, k? and i'll keep working on it  :)
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline lucyღ

• <3
  • Characters: Iucy
I love this idea...lol I dunno about a lot of people, But im getting bored. I love pk as much as the next person, but It gets repetitive after a while, and dont even start me on GV. I dont have the time to farm that over and over cos Im a college student. If there was an instance like that put into the game, it would be a lot more fun, and I especially agree with making it that you have to have a full squad, because soloing would ruin the balance I think.

Offline ~Sphinx~

I agree with Lucy about the getting bored thing. Even GV is too easy, all you need is a seeker and BP and anyone who can't do that is pretty much fail. GV takes to long and for only 50 EC I find it pointless. Its faster to LVL a barb to 150, go pure vit, and just run around NS and farm there. I think a high level instance would be great, with hard bosses. Like something, even with endgame gear, would be impossible to solo and extremely challenging to go with group. I been on this server about two months now, not including the days I havn't played due to schedule, and I have 3 150 toons and 3 that are getting close. And on top of that, I have 3 full sets, most of the morai done, and a R8 archer. And still have time to mess around and random 1v1 with ppl for fun. It would be nice to have a challenge. I gotten to the point were I just run GV to sit and talk with random people. So even if the GM's would consider it. I think another idea that might make GM's warmer to the idea is make it a once daily instance and make the drops good. I think that would make alot of this server happy. If you do consider, don't just take the mobs and raise the level, make them hard, I wana be able to die!!! lol
Sphinx -        150 r8 archer
JustCause -  150 sin
Saytr -          150 seeker
AlphaPrime - 14x barb
KidNap       -  14x veno (main)

Offline Wolfgang

Yo Jean we said 59  ;D oh well i must say BRILLIANT IDEA!(cuz we had it  :)) )

Auriel +100 ;)

Wolfgang - 150 Barb
RazviArch - 150 Arch
HolyGod - 150 Wiz
Few others xD

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
I love this idea...lol I dunno about a lot of people, But im getting bored. I love pk as much as the next person, but It gets repetitive after a while, and dont even start me on GV. I dont have the time to farm that over and over cos Im a college student. If there was an instance like that put into the game, it would be a lot more fun, and I especially agree with making it that you have to have a full squad, because soloing would ruin the balance I think.
yea, that's kinda what i had in mind for these instances, something that cant be soloed. and yea, i love pv, and gv is nice and all... but it does get pretty tiresome.
I agree with Lucy about the getting bored thing. Even GV is too easy, all you need is a seeker and BP and anyone who can't do that is pretty much fail. GV takes to long and for only 50 EC I find it pointless. Its faster to LVL a barb to 150, go pure vit, and just run around NS and farm there. I think a high level instance would be great, with hard bosses. Like something, even with endgame gear, would be impossible to solo and extremely challenging to go with group. I been on this server about two months now, not including the days I havn't played due to schedule, and I have 3 150 toons and 3 that are getting close. And on top of that, I have 3 full sets, most of the morai done, and a R8 archer. And still have time to mess around and random 1v1 with ppl for fun. It would be nice to have a challenge. I gotten to the point were I just run GV to sit and talk with random people. So even if the GM's would consider it. I think another idea that might make GM's warmer to the idea is make it a once daily instance and make the drops good. I think that would make alot of this server happy. If you do consider, don't just take the mobs and raise the level, make them hard, I wana be able to die!!! lol
lol, that's the plan. what fun is an instance without fearing death? I also think the daily suggestion is very interesting, i'll definately have to think about that.  :P
And i got an intesting idea from someone today, (thanks go to Dez) that an open instance like Secret passage may also be a nice place for an open instance; possibly some kind of open warzone, (have not discussed drops for it yet) that has a few empty rooms for pvp or bosses. this idea is much less refined, and very cloudy on the details. And as for the point, i have none yet lol. but if any of you think it's worth pursing lemme know, tho let's try not to go too much into it, i can make a seperate thread for it if nessicary. And again thank you for the feed back, i'm only one person and i doubt i could figure out all the points alone  :)
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
Yo Jean we said 59  ;D oh well i must say BRILLIANT IDEA!(cuz we had it  :)) )

Auriel +100 ;)
lol thanks, and yes, the 59 idea is one of my more enthusiastic ones, i love that instance and i'd love for it to make a come back  ;P
My idea for 51 has come with mixed opinions. while it's definately big enough, and elaborate enough to house and endgame instance, many people have less than fond memories about it :)) Some one suggested 79 instead, and i LOVE that idea, but the problem is, it's needed for TM 79, and that may cause complications  :/
to be perfectly honest, i've never been to city of abominations, or jungle ruins, so i should probably pay those places a visit for some more ideas. and again, still looking for mob and boss skins for them so if u hae any suggestions, upload a SS or two to the page. if you have like ten please let me know and u can send it to me via email or skype. 10 SS would fill the page up pretty fast;D And ideas for possible mob tactics and set ups would also be GREATLY appreciated, i.e combining mobs that freeze with long range archers down back, or combining huge hp mobs with mobs that exclusively stun, or even bosses that split into several mobs after it dies, like lich, etc. Even a boss like Damned Guarnob and Polearm Cenequist (who doesnt remember THOSE SoBs?  :rolleyes:) who debuffs the hell outta you only on a much larger scale and throw in an aoe silence to keep you from purifying immediately (ouch lol). Duplicates of dreadina are interesting as well, only the mobs that it summons silences, purges, stuns, debuffs, etc. any ideas like that are also very appreciated and WILL be taken into consideration. and so far i'm really loving the feedback from this pole, thank you for not spamming hate everywhere  ^.^
Last Edit: Oct 25, 2012, 08:23 am by Auriel
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
Btw, if you wanna contact me in game, the name is AurielXarxes, i'm on like 90% of the time so feel free to pm me  :P

If im not on Auriel, you can try pming my psy JeanHavoc, my sin Hircine, and Sheogorath my bm. if im not on them im either offline or on one of my 15 secret alts. if i dont reply, try a few more times, if i still dont respond..... i'm probably passed out at my laptop (bad habit of mine)  :))
Last Edit: Oct 25, 2012, 07:20 pm by Auriel
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline KingStannis

• Westeros Leader
I agree with Lucy on this one as well. GV is so tiresome and as a college student I don't have all the time of the day to sit and farm it however many times it takes, to get enough ECs for anything. If there was an Instance like this created, the ideas given so far would need to be put in as they all sound like they make this place a challenge. And that's something you need on this game, as PK does get a bit repetitive and GV is far too long to sit in all day. So definitely a +1 to this idea from me.

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
yesterday a few friends and i were discussing maybe using unused GV instances, and if possible certain lunar vallies that people dont visit often  :)

What do you guys think of that?  :)
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline ~Sphinx~

yea, that's kinda what i had in mind for these instances, something that cant be soloed. and yea, i love pv, and gv is nice and all... but it does get pretty tiresome.lol, that's the plan. what fun is an instance without fearing death? I also think the daily suggestion is very interesting, i'll definately have to think about that.  :P
And i got an intesting idea from someone today, (thanks go to Dez) that an open instance like Secret passage may also be a nice place for an open instance; possibly some kind of open warzone, (have not discussed drops for it yet) that has a few empty rooms for pvp or bosses. this idea is much less refined, and very cloudy on the details. And as for the point, i have none yet lol. but if any of you think it's worth pursing lemme know, tho let's try not to go too much into it, i can make a seperate thread for it if nessicary. And again thank you for the feed back, i'm only one person and i doubt i could figure out all the points alone  :)

The SP would be a great idea. Maybe even lvl 200 mobs that drop EC/Pure God's stone/elixers/ of even rare weapon add stones.  A open PvP instance like NS to where blue names aren't safe. But then we might have people QQ about some guilds or groups camping so no one can get in. Then I think we should add that SP idea along with a closed instance for those who don't want to fight for it. Another good idea I had is adding some custom daily quests to this server (much like BD) and taking a area on the open map that isn't farmed alot, and having a quest to kill those mobs. I love this server and probably wont go anywhere else but more quests would be cool, other than just grinding mobs all day. Maybe some really high level bosses on open map that you need 10 people to kill with 2 clerics. Much like the world bosses are on official. I miss the WB days we had in my guild on official, was fun getting the guild on at the same time and farming really hard bosses. Sorry if this is stupid but I miss squad wipes lol.
Sphinx -        150 r8 archer
JustCause -  150 sin
Saytr -          150 seeker
AlphaPrime - 14x barb
KidNap       -  14x veno (main)