Epic Perfect World

The idling is so real

Offline Chocolate

• Retired Staff Member
I was afk 10 minutes tops when you asked. Can't expect me to sit in game waiting for questions 24/7 (Especially when I have limited free time and a dog to look after). I don't think 'any events?' is such an urgent question anyway.

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
Never seen a GM being AFK for over 1hr never been afk for an hr by myself either. If i know that something gonna take more time than I thought it will, I simply turn off EPW.
I have seen gms afk for long periods.... However, it's not without good reason. Not to mention someone in Support Chat Will usually help in their absence. People need to understand that GMs are real people with lives and families. They feel pain, anger, laughter, sadness, ect. They aren't robots and not nearly perfect... Nobody is lol. It seems people have let the computer screen set a barrier that distorts their perception of reality.

Also to clear up afk... It means "away from keyboard". There's a difference between idle, afk, and busy. The majority of the time they dealing with more important or critical things in game that require their immediate attention.
Last Edit: Sept 17, 2015, 03:52 pm by Frost
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Magestic

• Support Member
  • Magestickers ✌☺☮
  • ☀derphi. ★Ivoree #Chocolatte ✿Flowered
  • Characters: Derpive
  • Faction: ♥EPW_Team
Never seen a GM being AFK for over 1hr never been afk for an hr by myself either. If i know that something gonna take more time than I thought it will, I simply turn off EPW.

In support room have many players who can help u too with some suggestions or instructions about stuffs around. That why support room need.

I just curious. What u so hard want hear from GMs. U buy donation points every hour or make ds events in fac? Or maybe u just need attention without any questions if try hard here on forum about GMs have life too.  :-\

You are exaggerating. you're thinking about your self only just because you don't have any kind of reply. Everyone have their time zone and stuff to do , gms in this case have to work on server and irl . you're just acting like a kid tbh. Can you be patience once in your life ? and you better watch your language to GM tho. Why would they remove support chat ? everytime i go there i say what ever is my problem and i will get an answer from the players that are there and most of times from GM's. have you atleast think about coincidence? maybe you just come in the times they're really busy lol. I bet if i wanted help from a player and i choose, you would be always there to reply to my problems , well if you do , you've no life then , people have stuff to do , gms for example have more stuff to do than you , keep that in mind.

This is a free-to-play game, and the GM's are people. Not bots. You're not entitled to their automatic responses. Especially if people are being stupid.

Of course GM has to afk, even sending rewards can take lot of time, especially after events like random 3v3/4v4 where there is 100+ rewards to mail. Sometimes we have to eat (surprisingly), get called to do something irl which makes us go afk for few/dozen mins (obviously you are exaggerating like always) and since often in support chat stay people that help (normal players that stay in support chat and often answer people when GM is busy/afk/hosting something/anything) we do not go off and close support chat, just leave AFK note in PMs, so people can often get answer from players that are in this chat and are often willing to help.
Not to mention that you are the person that often comes to troll, insult other people in support chat, ask stupid not relevant questions that GMs stopped paying attention on you.

Because you act like having to wait a few mins for support is a horrible, horrible thing.
Anyways
You can always try whispering a gm, most put a auto reply on if they go afk + if they host a event not every gm will check the support room in 12 sec intervals.

Haven't personally had any problems getting responses from gms  ???. Maybe try pming? But that doesn't mean spamming them/being rude etc.
What you give in terms of respect is often what you get back. 
I believe you already got your answer,Most of the times you are always aware which gm is online but you never PM.There are times when we are on events and we tend not to open the support chat cause of the window size and to be able to monitor the event carefully BUT we still reply to pm's.Even people noticed how you act in the support room even then you still ask why you don't get replies.
Hard to believe anyone would accept that they don't get answers in the support room from GM's for hours (unless they are special cases).

As for supports,if they reply to you they're just insulted so how could you expect something from them aswell.

[6:23:02 PM] Jem: Bans and mutes aren't meant to be equally shared,
they are given to those who deserve them.
If you are receiving more bans than someone else,
maybe you are the problem, not us.

Rules | Guide To Guides | Help Desk

Siggy by: Angy <3

Opulence

Haven't personally had any problems getting responses from gms  ???. Maybe try pming? But that doesn't mean spamming them/being rude etc.
What you give in terms of respect is often what you get back. 

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Sometimes I log online and go into the support chat, the GM's are AFK.

A lot of the time though, there isn't even a support chat for hours on end.

If anything, I think that there needs to be at least 1 GM online at all times. It shouldn't be hard to manage this, perhaps finding GM's in different timezones so that there always will be a presence would be nice?

It looks like 1/2 the GM staff is EU, and 1/2 is in US timezone. A lot of the time there isn't a GM presence in the evening hours for the US timezone.

(i.e = inconsistent events like 1v1 playoffs that can go day's without happening = no GM online during evening for US)
Last Edit: Sept 17, 2015, 04:16 pm by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline Areashi

• Banned
Also to clear up afk... It means "away from keyboard". There's a difference between idle, afk, and busy. The majority of the time they dealing with more important or critical things in game that require their immediate attention.
Idling is building hours, afk is being away from the keyboard, both relate to each other. I'm not talking about GMs when they're busy handling events, I'm talking about when they go AFK fully while just having their EPWSupport room on.
Not only I have experienced this, so don't bother claiming that it's only my problem.

Offline Grimmy

• Lurker
  • The best things happen in the dark
Why is this thread even still open?
Avy by 🌠Habits / Siggy by ßlith♡

Offline Chocolate

• Retired Staff Member
Idling is building hours, afk is being away from the keyboard, both relate to each other. I'm not talking about GMs when they're busy handling events, I'm talking about when they go AFK fully while just having their EPWSupport room on.Not only I have experienced this, so don't bother claiming that it's only my problem.

So you want us to either log off everytime we have to go afk then log back in 10 minutes later or never leave our desks nor tab out for more than a few minutes? All you're doing is complaining with no logic of what we're actually supposed to do.

Offline Areashi

• Banned
So you want us to either log off everytime we have to go afk then log back in 10 minutes later or never leave our desks nor tab out for more than a few minutes? All you're doing is complaining with no logic of what we're actually supposed to do.
You seem to have trouble reading. I have a problem with you having chat open while you're afking for over an hour. I personally don't have the patience to wait for a reply after 1 hour, maybe you would, but I don't, especially after so many years of playing this game.

Offline Skazy

• Forum Veteran
  • Best EA/WF/PL/LEADER/PLAYER/HUSBAND
  • Characters: rtts
  • Faction: ★469★

A lot of the time though, there isn't even a support chat for hours on end.

If anything, I think that there needs to be at least 1 GM online at all times. It shouldn't be hard to manage this, perhaps finding GM's in different timezones so that there always will be a presence would be nice?

It looks like 1/2 the GM staff is EU, and 1/2 is in US timezone. A lot of the time there isn't a GM presence in the evening hours for the US timezone.

(i.e = inconsistent events like 1v1 playoffs that can go day's without happening = no GM online during evening for US)
yes let's get more gms like Suns and Magestic, EPW community needs banning!!!  :normal-2:

Offline Sev

• King of Noobs
  • Characters: Sev
  • Faction: Ace
Here is a simple thought the choice for you to stay here is up to you, but if you do please stop bashing the GMs IMO they do a very good job even if it takes some time they always pull through.

Offline Chocolate

• Retired Staff Member
You seem to have trouble reading. I have a problem with you having chat open while you're afking for over an hour. I personally don't have the patience to wait for a reply after 1 hour, maybe you would, but I don't, especially after so many years of playing this game.

You seem to also not read, noone AFKs for over an hour, and if they do, which they don't, they clearly wouldn't mean to. You dont know the circumstance. I'm replying to you because I want to know your solution, i already get your problem.

Offline Areashi

• Banned
yes let's get more gms like Suns and Magestic, EPW community needs banning!!!  :normal-2:
Not saltiness my friend, everyone here are friends with each other yes? 

Offline IMN666

• Poor, Ugly, Happy
  • Bah-weep-graghnah-weep-ninni-bong
  • Characters: Maloth, Aceso
if you don't like it then leave and nobody will miss you. or now you can say "well i like the server blah blah blah" or something along the lines of some self served reason to be a total douche. just another spoiled brat who never had the umbilical cord cut. the sooner you realize the world doesn't revolve around you the sooner you might actually start having fun. pull that stick from out of your ass and stop sweating the small stuff. if you have a problem and don't get it answered then do some research. this may come as a surprise to you but the internet is more than a place to piss and moan or look at naked grandmothers. no ones impressed with your childish antics

Offline Skazy

• Forum Veteran
  • Best EA/WF/PL/LEADER/PLAYER/HUSBAND
  • Characters: rtts
  • Faction: ★469★
Not saltiness my friend, everyone here are friends with each other yes?
yes man whole community holds for hands, only few of us are leftovers and unfriendly ppl :cc