Epic Perfect World

Game launcher crashes

I had a few problems with my pc, so had to reformat/reinstall everything, including epic.  I managed to update the client okay, with manual patch up to v39.  But when the launcher updates to the new interface, it doesn't even load, just crashes :/  No idea why this is happening at all :(

Thank you to Syringe for my avatar <3

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
are u running it as admin ?
I've never had to change it to "run as admin" before, because it's always worked :)  If I'd encountered these kind of issues at the outset, I would have changed it accordingly, will try so now and see if that works.

I changed file permissions/run as admin, on the patcher.exe, launcher.exe, elementclient.exe, and on the bat files as well, still no joy :(  It works fine, until it updates to the latest interface.  My pc got rolled back to the latest restore point, which was just a few days ago, so there's nothing important missing like DirectX.  I'm truly baffled :(

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
can u check inside the patcher folder for the txt file updateserver.txt if it is like this

"Patch"   "http://178.33.234.187/patch145/"
Yup it is, just can't launch the launcher.exe or the patch.exe  :sad:  The elementclient works fine, I can launch the game from there, I just can't update it :(  Would it be possible to get a manual patch from 39 to 41, see if that might fix the problem? :/

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
does it let u verify the files?
Yeah I'm gonna do that, doing a fresh install now, and going to verify before updating, see if that helps :)  The launcher works fine then, it's when it updates to the new interfaces my pc doesn't like it :/

That seemed to do the trick!  New interface has launched ok and is updating!  Stupid pc >.<  Thanks for your help Evil :)
Last Edit: Oct 23, 2012, 10:11 am by micropanther

Offline TakeN

• NoHomo
hey mati.. what is your IGN now. is master hickhock still playing here?

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
np :)
anytime u need we are here
hey mati.. what is your IGN now. is master hickhock still playing here?
I think you may have the wrong person, cos I don't know who that is :p

Offline CoolStory

ive downloaded the game and i updated it and that was all god but everytime i click start my screen goes black and the pw mouse comes up then the launcher closes and it says my primary resolution is 1366 x 768 and nothing will work please help ?   :-X

Offline beardragon

• Old Player
ive downloaded the game and i updated it and that was all god but everytime i click start my screen goes black and the pw mouse comes up then the launcher closes and it says my primary resolution is 1366 x 768 and nothing will work please help ?   :-X

On the launcher click the "Graphics" tab and you'll be able to change the resolution of the game to something that will fit your system settings.

Offline CoolStory

i have changed my resolution but the same thing happens again

Offline beardragon

• Old Player
Try to change your system resolution to something lower, it might help.