Epic Perfect World

Changing Gears

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
You obviously have not idea about what you are talking about. It just takes seconds to google what third-party program means.
From Wikipedia:
In computer programming, third party software component is a reusable software component developed to be either freely distributed or sold by an entity other than the original vendor of the development platform.

And there are tons of other definitions, but all of them are pretty similar.

Unfortunately, keyboard and mouse macros do contain their own programs and components, which was developed by a vendor other than the original vendor of the platform (third-party), and which can effectively cause a functional impact on the original platform (first/second-party-EPW), otherwise you (first/second-party) will not be using them.

I am not a computer expert, but I think what those keyboard and mouse macros are really no different from scripting. Perhaps Agatio knows the answer better. I hope the developers can be clearer and more transparent on this issue though.

oh I thought we'd start an arguement but you just misunderstand. the "Rule does not concern mouse and keyboard macros." is part of the rule, yes its a 3rd party program but its still allowed, but for some reason scripts are not
Last Edit: Sept 06, 2015, 01:26 am by Burdette

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
Ok before this thread keeps going on and on and on uselessly. Your "macro guide" was deleted because it was basically considered an advertisement. That's not allowed on forum. You can see that on the rules here:

As for scripts/macros, Agatio said himself on Helpdesk when someone asked that it is NOT bannable.

Now can you guys PLEASE stop arguing about this? My goodness. If you want to do this, ask a friend or Google it or something. Don't post advertisements (ie: other sites, etc) on forum. Thank you.

Also, if you have any other questions, ask Agatio/post on Helpdesk and don't create a thread cause it will only cause drama. 
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.