Epic Perfect World

Agatio can you confirm this is true?

Offline baila

I read on PWI Forums that absorb soul at level 11(demon/sage) take in consideration attack level of mystic and defense levels of their opponent , while absorb soul level 10 does not take this into consideration.

Meaning a level 10 absorb soul does more damage to opponents ?

Offline Moon

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moon, Naive
Good question. But you could just test it (make a mystic with lv 11 absorb soul and another one with lv 10). Even if this is true, lv 11 absorb soul has to somehow hit harder, because then what would be the point in making another version of it?
When you play the games of thrones, you win or die. There is no middle ground.

Offline baila

Good question. But you could just test it (make a mystic with lv 11 absorb soul and another one with lv 10). Even if this is true, lv 11 absorb soul has to somehow hit harder, because then what would be the point in making another version of it?

The thing is on PWI Mystics said level 10 absorb soul hit a lot harder as it doesn`t care about the defence levels.
The lvl 11 only gains additional chi but hits a lot lower on high defence levels.

Somehow this lvl 11 absorb soul was a "fix" with the defence level system.

I want to know if level 10 absorb soul hits harder but it takes time till I get another mystic to 150 with same gear.

Offline Moon

• Forum Veteran

The thing is on PWI Mystics said level 10 absorb soul hit a lot harder as it doesn`t care about the defence levels.
The lvl 11 only gains additional chi but hits a lot lower on high defence levels.

Somehow this lvl 11 absorb soul was a "fix" with the defence level system.
That still doesn't make sense in my opinion. If lv 10 absorb soul hits A LOT harder than lv 11, why would they even make the lv 11, only to lose damage and gain additional chi? It might be true, but then again, why wouldn't they just fix the lv 10 skill, instead of using the cultivation skill as a "fix" for that one in particular?

I want to know if level 10 absorb soul hits harder but it takes time till I get another mystic to 150 with same gear.
You can just make two new mystics, level them to lv 110, do cultivation with one of them to get the lv 11 skill and then compare the damage each one deals. No need to level it to 150.

As far as I know Agatio edited these skills so there might be a difference between them both on pwi and here

Offline Atkala

• Forum Veteran
  • I am too nice for this shit.
  • Characters: Aisy

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
On topic: Lol pwi mystics...funny, lvl 11 absorb takes into account your matk and current atk lvl, yes. But it deals based on that vs the target's pdef. In other words, defense level, physical immunities and reduce physical damage on gear has no effect on Absorb Soul's damage. It however, deals status damage, so casting faith will cancel AS's damage completely
Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:50 am by ☠EvilTouch☠

Offline Moon

• Forum Veteran
On topic: Lol pwi mystics...funny, lvl 11 absorb takes into account your matk and current atk lvl, yes. But it deals based on that vs the target's pdef. In other words, defense level, physical immunities and reduce physical damage on gear has no effect on Absorb Soul's damage. It however, deals status damage, so casting faith will cancel AS's damage completely
You know nothing Jon Snow