Epic Perfect World

Highest Defense level?

Offline LoCoWoKo

Well atm my seeker has 102 def lvl with def lvl weap. With attack lvl weap I have 62 attack lvl and 80 def lvl. Mind you this is without warsong belt and my weapons are not max stats. I could reach 110 def lvls with my def weap with max stats. Here are stats as is on my def lvl weap- def lvl 24, attack lvl 3, mag res 243, and def lvl 3. My attack lvl weap stats are- attack lvl 24, def lvl 4, dex 17, and def lvl 5. Both of which are pretty decent stats.

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
I would totally shard my seeker up with full DoT's, ijs. Would add a lot of kick to the ton's of HP and 16 JoSD's worth of free defense level.
no. Would kill pvp balence, and make classes that are already hard to kill, almost impossible to kill alone. I dont think its going to be happening. theres a reason they removed it. If we add jades, the gms might as well put armor crush back in the game  >.>
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Cortimi

• Demon
no. Would kill pvp balence, and make classes that are already hard to kill, almost impossible to kill alone. I dont think its going to be happening. theres a reason they removed it. If we add jades, the gms might as well put armor crush back in the game  >.>
Well to be fair, I never said they "should". Also, imagine losing all that VIT, that would translate in to a TON of lost base defense. It would make AA real AA again. Even with 48 defense level socketed in, that would come at the cost of a massive reduction in HP and defense via a loss of 480 VIT. So sure, 48% more "defense" makes you harder to kill, but how much BASE % reduction and how much % HP would be forfeited? I think it would make things pretty interesting, I think people would actually be easier to kill. Then there is the fact that lot of people would shard full DoT's, dropping that def lvl bonus to 24. Just my thoughts.
Cortimi - Demon Seeker
Cortimis - Demon Barbarian

Offline wp

480 vit is only 4.8k hp for arcane classes, 6.2k for sin/ea, 7.2k for wr/sk, and 480 vit is only a few % of pdef/mdef considering the base defense of lvl 150 armor+diminishing returns. assuming youre gear swapping arcane rings and ele orns vs mage, phy rings and phy orns vs phys you have probably 75+% dmg reduction already (at which point diminishing returns is large) and then add on 48 def lvl from jades is a bit too much without also giving weapons atk lvl...and then its just adding power instead of balancing
Last Edit: Nov 01, 2012, 12:34 am by zzd131

Offline twikill4

I dont want jades or tigers here if you want att lvl get set bonuses and runes and maybe a R* weap..........

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
fair enough, tho i still think it's a bad idea
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
480 vit is only 4.8k hp for arcane classes, 6.2k for sin/ea, 7.2k for wr/sk, and 480 vit is only a few % of pdef/mdef considering the base defense of lvl 150 armor+diminishing returns. assuming youre gear swapping arcane rings and ele orns vs mage, phy rings and phy orns vs phys you have probably 75+% dmg reduction already (at which point diminishing returns is large) and then add on 48 def lvl from jades is a bit too much without also giving weapons atk lvl...and then its just adding power instead of balancing
Not to meantion it would kill the little bit of pve remaining  x3
147 Demon sin   Hircine