• Faction: Xpendable
buy yourself some education.
but he's right, particularly because of how pw's engine works
not that he knew that, but he's still right

Offline • 𝕊𝕊𝔾 •

• Old Player
  • Characters: Espio, Saladin, Xqwi, SSG
  • Faction: Supreme☆
the amount of freezes i get lately increased , my ping/fps is fine but yet i have freezes, never happend b4

Offline IMN666

• Poor, Ugly, Happy
  • Bah-weep-graghnah-weep-ninni-bong
  • Characters: Maloth, Aceso
i'll have you know my dad is an admin of the internet so i have access to over 10 terabits of download speed, and i have a private connection to the internet itself called the DX420 VPN, where i am connected to every domain at once through a 3 foot wide wire directly soldered to my motherboard. i still lag in-game on my 36 core, 72 thread dual-CPU config liquid nitrogen cooled intel Xeons overclocked to 15 gHz with 256 GB of DDR6 RAM (my dad also works for RAM manufacturing companies so i get the latest hardware before it's released) running at 4800 mHz, and four tri-GPU r9 FuryXXX's running in quad crossfire overclocked using jet-engine coolant. i also have EPW installed on a platinum-alloy SSD with infinite read/write speeds which can launch the game in 0.1 nanoseconds.
despite all this, i still lag in game with a ping of 420ms. so you're saying it doesn't boil down to the server? once again, please try harder, reported
the hell did i just read? a 3 foot wide wire? directly soldered into your motherboard? look bud, i'm a transformers fan too, but i don't make up stories that involve them in my everyday life. i wish they were, but probably aint gonna happen.
p.s. i think you'd make a good science fiction writer :monkey-50:

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
the amount of freezes i get lately increased , my ping/fps is fine but yet i have freezes, never happend b4
Exactly the same  :normal-9:

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
I quit mass pk already, it's not fun at all to play with 13k ping spikes, might aswell quit soon so take care guys  :normal-36:

Offline Deno

• Forum Veteran
Experiment things before you start talking.
By the way, if you are one of those people who just randomly talks just to increase their post count my suggestion for you to is to
buy yourself a life. :tiger-4:

As a matter affact i did back in the day when i had faster net that i don't use anymore.

Empty spot: 30-50 ping with 60 FPS

pk spot: 30-50 ping with 15-20 FPS

80v80 TW: 30-50 ping with 5-10 FPS

2.  Ping in short words for you is ammount of time it takes for your network package to leave your PC, gets to the server and returns back to you. Faster it leaves your pc = better ping, what affects it? Quality of your NIC and ofc speed of your network and lastly, how far is the server away from you, more distance = obviously higher ping.

3. FPS stands for frames per second, more frames you got thanks to mainly in PW your CPU, your RAM and lastly and less effectively your GPU more smoother your gameplay is.

Ping has nothing to do with your FPS no matter what you say, also don't bother looking ingame ping, it doesn't get updated so often and obviously your ping will be going up and down depending how many packages you're sending and recieving + the jams that tend to happen in the real world.

4. Life is something you can't buy.

Tell me more, go.

Offline exe626

• brb
  • Faction: Xpendable
no
first of all, affact is not a word. your test results are unbelievable(and unproven), had i the client, i could prove your fabricated results otherwise
ping is a protocol used to determine the reachability between a host and a client(the time to send a packet, and then get it back). it does not reliably account for spikes or instability. it cannot(and will not) account for dead or empty packets(which you get a lot of in games). the one displayed ingame has a very slow refresh rate, and is extremely inaccurate - for a reliable reading, ping the client from an external source(eg, a console). the quality of your enic is irrelevant, any computer build in the last decade has a 100Gb/s nic of similar quality, and pw, at its base, uses less than 80kb/s of bandwidth. however, during large scale(150+ participants) pvp, that bandwidth scales drastically, peaking at over 900kb/s(for me personally). it should be noted that the average global internet speed is less than 1mb/s, and it's safe to assume many members of this forum have a similar line, and would suffer greatly during large scale pvp
the speed of your cpu can effect the performance of your nic greatly - were you to reach high load, being that your onboard nic is controlled entirely by your cpu, it can(and will) hinder your internet speed. it's safe to assume the community that still plays this dead game do so because they do not have a computer capable of moving onto something greater, and their cpu's reach load quite easily. pw, like i said in another post, also extrapolates when either your internet slows down or your computer slows down(you might notice some people walking in a straight line forever, falling off the map, for example), which also greatly hinders personal performance when the client does this
pw runs 99% on a single core of your cpu, ram only effects your loading speeds(not your fps), and gpu is only ever touched(~1% load) if you use higher resolution textures
life is an investment, and investments cost money; if you have no money, it's well assured that as a dead-end member of society, your life is also a dead-end

Offline Marika

Vegas

average global internet speed is less than 1mb/s
Source?

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
Why is this thread not locked yet?
Arguing iwith eachother is pointless. Agatio clearly does not think an upgrade is needed, wether you believe thar ping is caused by your pc / connection or the servers side.

Now go go knock at your neighbours door and kindly ask them to stop using your connection to download "things".

Offline kikii

• Characters: kikii,NuhNuh

Offline 2

• Old Player
first of all, affact is not a word. your test results are unbelievable(and unproven), had i the client, i could prove your fabricated results otherwise
ping is a protocol used to determine the reachability between a host and a client(the time to send a packet, and then get it back). it does not reliably account for spikes or instability. it cannot(and will not) account for dead or empty packets(which you get a lot of in games). the one displayed ingame has a very slow refresh rate, and is extremely inaccurate - for a reliable reading, ping the client from an external source(eg, a console). the quality of your enic is irrelevant, any computer build in the last decade has a 100Gb/s nic of similar quality, and pw, at its base, uses less than 80kb/s of bandwidth. however, during large scale(150+ participants) pvp, that bandwidth scales drastically, peaking at over 900kb/s(for me personally). it should be noted that the average global internet speed is less than 1mb/s, and it's safe to assume many members of this forum have a similar line, and would suffer greatly during large scale pvp
the speed of your cpu can effect the performance of your nic greatly - were you to reach high load, being that your onboard nic is controlled entirely by your cpu, it can(and will) hinder your internet speed. it's safe to assume the community that still plays this dead game do so because they do not have a computer capable of moving onto something greater, and their cpu's reach load quite easily. pw, like i said in another post, also extrapolates when either your internet slows down or your computer slows down(you might notice some people walking in a straight line forever, falling off the map, for example), which also greatly hinders personal performance when the client does this
pw runs 99% on a single core of your cpu, ram only effects your loading speeds(not your fps), and gpu is only ever touched(~1% load) if you use higher resolution textures
life is an investment, and investments cost money; if you have no money, it's well assured that as a dead-end member of society, your life is also a dead-end
tl;dr america wins
shut up european ghey lmao

Offline iota

• Forum Veteran
I quit mass pk already, it's not fun at all to play with 13k ping spikes, might aswell quit soon so take care guys  :normal-36:
bye dude noone gonna miss you