Epic Perfect World

Seriously?

Offline Coffee

• Retired Staff Member
  • is adorable. ❤
Ok so normally I don't say anything when it comes to the GM complaints and the flaming cause everyone has their right to an opinion. But this is getting outta hand. I realize I am in no way perfect just with EVERY SINGLE one of you and the other staff. We're all humans we make mistakes. In the past I've made some error's etc etc. But what some of you fail to realize is... this is a game. Not just a game this is private server of a bigger game. Agatio made this game purely for your enjoyment and fun, hence why it's different then PWI. Yes, there isn't always a GM online 24/7. Yes I was gone for a super long time due to real life issues that were out of my control. Yes sometimes people don't agree with things GM's do. But guess what? Some of us try our hardest and learn from our mistakes and are open to advice or improvement. Yes things we do you arn't gunna always like or want or agree with. But trash talking and complaining all the time isn't going to change anything at all.. Honestly since I've been back, all I've been dealing with is in game issues, people complaining in PM's on forum and trying to make event's for everyone. Then I go to read the forums and see all this stuff and a bunch of different topics and people saying things like this game and server is supposed to be politics 101. Our staff trys to be professional about most things, even considering we do this 'job' for free and on our own time. We get nothing out of it in real life which is fine because even with the drama I myself like doing it. I've seen alot of talk about when a GM isn't on there's alot of drama in wc or things happening.. So screenshot it? If it's a big enough deal that people need to post and talk about it on forums then please send us the SS's and the moment a GM logs on we will take care of it or handle it. As Brash said some of us do care about every single person on this server. Even if were hated or not liked because of things that isn't gunna affect the way we do our job's. We want what's best for the server and we want what's best for you the players. Remember though just because we got a GM tag doesn't mean were jesus all the sudden... we still have other things to deal with and we're still just people. I'm sure this thread will be flamed on which is fine, figured it might happen. But I just wanted to say instead of some of you bashing us... why not talk to us privately sometime? I've always talked to anyone that wanted to say some thing's or talk seriously. So has Brash. I realize some of you have been done wrong or crap's happend but if you talk like adults to some or all of us things can be handled. And yes I think maybe we might need a GM in a different timezone like after I go to bed, because as much as I love being in game helping I can't be on till 5am my time everynight @_@ So any suggestions or comments feel free to post.. Or message me and let's have a discussion.

P.S.            I realize sometimes at my events, people arnt happy. But honestly I try to make it legit so everyone atleast gets something... Or I fix bugs or w.e happend wrong, so once again just tell me and I can fix it or work on it.

~Coffee out.

Offline Ste_

No matter what, there is always going to be players that criticize the job that the GM's do. Personally, I think the GM's are doing a good job, whether they are inactive for brief periods of time or not....

Every GM gets criticized at one point or another. Just gotta take it on the chin and move on.

Offline Coffee

• Retired Staff Member
  • is adorable. ❤
No matter what, there is always going to be players that criticize the job that the GM's do. Personally, I think the GM's are doing a good job, whether they are inactive for brief periods of time or not....

Every GM gets criticized at one point or another. Just gotta take it on the chin and move on.

I know and most of us do.. Just wish if people had something to say they would talk directly to us rather then make a thread KNOWING it's just gunna turn into drama and what not. But ehhhh. :l

Offline Ste_

I know and most of us do.. Just wish if people had something to say they would talk directly to us rather then make a thread KNOWING it's just gunna turn into drama and what not. But ehhhh. :l

Because alot of them are too scared to bring things up in a 1on1 chat. They are cowards and have to try and get the community on their side to help flame and accuse GM's of all the shit they think they have done.

Offline Coffee

• Retired Staff Member
  • is adorable. ❤
Because alot of them are too scared to bring things up in a 1on1 chat. They are cowards and have to try and get the community on their side to help flame and accuse GM's of all the shit they think they have done.

Well not sure why anyone's scared. It's not against the rules to talk to us and tell us about things they like or don't like or would like to see changed. Everyone has their right to an opinion and ideas. It's just against the rules to make it into a flame and go at it in threads accusing people of things. But hoooman we so scary. D:

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
You can't make everyone happy, that's just a fact of life. 
The GM's here do a good job.  Being a Gm is not the easiest thing to do, it takes a special kind of person to put up with all the criticism they endure daily.  I always wondered if the players who constantly bish and carry on even have the slightest idea what they go through? Probably not, and it's those players who are acting inmature who need to get a clue and quit bullying our GM's. Have some respect toward the GM's and maybe you will earn some in return.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
i like to see such topics :D
its os much fun hehe
hey i got one once sayig he was gonna pay Agatio to remove me from GM...beat that hahaha

Offline Azzhole

• The Hated
Idk for the first few threads I've seen around, I was like,"Eh" I didn't care much because all it was talking about was more active GM's. Which is none of my concern, really. I only ever spoke to a GM twice about anything. I'm what you can call a no-life gamer. And I CAN be on all day till like 5AM sometimes I pull an all-nighter. But you know what? I still got "reality" in me and that says "It's a damn game" no matter what. Everything else irl goes before it. This is not a "professional game" where there's commercials, the WORLD knows about it and we have like 5k+ players. It's a small private server as you've said Skylight and I agree it's for fun and enjoyment. It looks like I'm ass-kissing GM's but think whatever you all want. I'm not. I'm growing tired of the GM bashing/flaming too. And it DID piss me off a bit that a GM felt insulted from the Australian GM thread and it kinda pisses me off now to have it bother her so much to make a damn thread about it. And like the topic name...Seriously?

Here's a post I replied to on another topic talking about GM's. And someone asked why are they getting "insulted/mad and where's the professionalism in that?" (Which ticked me off. We're all HUMAN). And I replied with:

The GM involved in the topic was insulted because they were accused of not doing anything but editing pictures and appearances in the game which don't matter. The GM replied with how they've worked for 2 weeks straight on any free time they had available to work on some kind of event (forgive me if I'm wrong about the details). But that's basically how it went.

Put yourself in the GM's shoes. You're in your 20's or late 20's and are going to school (maybe work also?) helping a friend manage a game, and homework/test preparations for your schooling on top of all that. And when you DO have free time to do what you WANNA do, (Be on here/Help people on here) you work on the event/editing/support your job is on the server.

Then you see all these posts on the forums with some people accusing you of doing things you aren't or complaining constantly about you not being active. It sucks. You'd be pissed or at LEAST a bit bothered by it. And think of that happening constantly everyday almost. I'd be ticked off after a while. I'm not even a GM and it annoys the LIVING HELL out of me seeing people rage hardcore over GM's...I'll quote something I wrote in another post relating to this.

~Comment of mine from another topic:

What's the HUGE deal with you guys anyways and the GM's? Like..Not trying to flame or anything just seriously asking. What's so life threatening and terribly important that you're so angry that a GM isn't around to help you? Like I understand if you just hit 150 and you somehow got rolled back to 110 (lol) or if you made a 145/150 wep or something and it randomly disappeared. But other than that, a screen shot can solve a lot of problems that you guys may encounter or something.

Things in WC or pm, or even general chat...If someone is insulting you, screen shot. I, on the other hand never needed a GM for anything really only bugged Brash about 2 times on Skype. And that was to ask if the voting thing was messed up (because for some reason it kept letting me vote constantly), and when the server was under attack I asked the next day if it was safe to update. AFTER checking forums and everything for information.
And you won't believe how many times I've been insulted in pm. I've been called things you'd probably cry over and spammed cuss words. I'm not someone that talks at all in-game, really either. I keep to myself and play the game/do what I need to do. But I don't care, never bothered me. Yeah, it might bother some people but like I said...If it bothers you that badly, take a screen shot. If it's something like a bad glitch or something/rollback/missing item. THEN you NEED a GM.

Sorry but that's my opinion. Again, not trying to troll/flame/be a piss-off. I've just seen so many GM topics over and over and over and it's getting old.
Last Edit: Oct 15, 2012, 08:14 pm by Azzhole
~Now hate me for stating my opinion that conflicts with yours~

Offline Coffee

• Retired Staff Member
  • is adorable. ❤
Yeah. And what some people don't understand is this isn't a popularity contest. You don't have to like any of us, that's up to you. And yes we are social sometimes and talk to players in wc and what not. Why? Because this is a private server, we want to make everyone feel welcome and I happen to like pretty much everybody. I don't want to people to think just because were GM's were superman. Being more social and talking to the community helps me get to know people more and what you all want out of the server. Some people recently like to call it wanting attention. If that was the case I would red chat every time I went afk or logged or whatever and spam wc with LOVEMEPLIS NID INTERNET LUV. But they can say what they want. C:

And honestly this whole issue comes down to people learning how to handle situations that they arnt happy with. It's as easy as a 1 on 1 convo or discussion. Hence why if anyone want's to talk out of game about things if they are to worried about messaging us in game or on forums, Brash has her skype up and you can PM me on forums for my skype.

But any who, this thread was just something I needed to say since it's been bugging me and I don't want people to get the wrong idea. For now I must be off to do some rl errands but when I'm back I will check this and my message so please, anyone feel free to contact me. Have fun everyone.

Mrai

LOVEMEPLIS NID INTERNET LUV.
-Luvs.- Hurr.

Offline wet

To be honest. Since i play here i havnt been on any single event i think. But i dont bish about it cause i can play here for free, i dont need to spend cash to be good and GM's are doing their best to make everyone happy even tho its never gonna happen. :)

I just wanna say thank you to all GM's for keeping this server alive and let people play for free.

I used to play on Dragon-Network and it was fun but Dragon-Network is all about the money.

They make a new server ( ROTFA ) everything is easy to get and fun to play for few months, than they make some OP gear which takes alot of time to farm and put it on Cash shop n people donate. And now there is even better gear. Anow now, after few months Pk is dead there.

So once again i wanna say Thank You Aga and All other GM's that dont care about the money but to make people happy. Thank you.
wet - lvl 150 sage BM
POWER - lvl 150 sage SIN

Offline Sylver

• " If you're going through hell, keep going. "
I agree with MageTank on this 1...dident read all he sayd becouse im to sleepy -.- but he is right. I suggest aas friendlly advice for u GM's to think good about what he say'd and try respect that xD

Offline Sylver

• " If you're going through hell, keep going. "
"I dont know how many times i have to say it, but gm's should not be socializing with players. The only players that like it, are the retarded players that actually think they will benefit from being friends with a gm. Dare i say, some players seem to think their friendship with gm's means they can get anyone banned. Ive seen it in world chat often. Your job is to maintain order, not chit-chat with anyone and everyone.  "

I like this alot. U know why? Becouse is tru'. 8)There are so manny kiss assers who play nice to gm's saying them nice thinghs to become friends so they can use them .. i've seen manny not only here...every were...thats why GM's shouldnt interact with other players unless they helping them with theyr problems...or stffs including doing theyr jobs.

Offline SlowPokie

• Forever.
  • Legendz™.
Ok so normally I don't say anything when it comes to the GM complaints and the flaming cause everyone has their right to an opinion. But this is getting outta hand. I realize I am in no way perfect just with EVERY SINGLE one of you and the other staff. We're all humans we make mistakes. In the past I've made some error's etc etc. But what some of you fail to realize is... this is a game. Not just a game this is private server of a bigger game. Agatio made this game purely for your enjoyment and fun, hence why it's different then PWI. Yes, there isn't always a GM online 24/7. Yes I was gone for a super long time due to real life issues that were out of my control. Yes sometimes people don't agree with things GM's do. But guess what? Some of us try our hardest and learn from our mistakes and are open to advice or improvement. Yes things we do you arn't gunna always like or want or agree with. But trash talking and complaining all the time isn't going to change anything at all.. Honestly since I've been back, all I've been dealing with is in game issues, people complaining in PM's on forum and trying to make event's for everyone. Then I go to read the forums and see all this stuff and a bunch of different topics and people saying things like this game and server is supposed to be politics 101. Our staff trys to be professional about most things, even considering we do this 'job' for free and on our own time. We get nothing out of it in real life which is fine because even with the drama I myself like doing it. I've seen alot of talk about when a GM isn't on there's alot of drama in wc or things happening.. So screenshot it? If it's a big enough deal that people need to post and talk about it on forums then please send us the SS's and the moment a GM logs on we will take care of it or handle it. As Brash said some of us do care about every single person on this server. Even if were hated or not liked because of things that isn't gunna affect the way we do our job's. We want what's best for the server and we want what's best for you the players. Remember though just because we got a GM tag doesn't mean were jesus all the sudden... we still have other things to deal with and we're still just people. I'm sure this thread will be flamed on which is fine, figured it might happen. But I just wanted to say instead of some of you bashing us... why not talk to us privately sometime? I've always talked to anyone that wanted to say some thing's or talk seriously. So has Brash. I realize some of you have been done wrong or crap's happend but if you talk like adults to some or all of us things can be handled. And yes I think maybe we might need a GM in a different timezone like after I go to bed, because as much as I love being in game helping I can't be on till 5am my time everynight @_@ So any suggestions or comments feel free to post.. Or message me and let's have a discussion.

P.S.            I realize sometimes at my events, people arnt happy. But honestly I try to make it legit so everyone atleast gets something... Or I fix bugs or w.e happend wrong, so once again just tell me and I can fix it or work on it.

~Coffee out.

Coffee u do great job as a gm and we understand real life kicks in or sometimes people just want a break which is understandable but u made this topic  after  i did to point out to me , and  my main point was corruption not gms not being super active or gms not doing perfect events b.c it can be hard sometimes (Most of time ) anyways we glad ur becoming active again <3 this server needs an event hoster like u mainly after few lamest events we had gone threw for last 1-2 months

Offline Slashyy

i just like to say ive been on this server for a lil over 2 weeks now and compaired to orginal pwi the staff here are 10000000% more helpful than over there, if you have a issue these guys and girls try to deal with it asap where as pwi gm's and admin im still waiting after 16months for a issue to be solved after sending in tickets week in week out so think ur selfs lucky the admin here care about the players even if they dont get paid they do a bloody good job :)