Epic Perfect World

Sage Heavy Armor/Vit Venomancer guide

Offline Woda

• The elegance of mystic gameplay is not to be underestimated
  • Characters: Woda
Nice guide. It's detailed and thorough, and I'll surely try it at some point. I know there were some very strong HA str build venos, but this I have never seen. Makes me curious though, thanks for all the work and keep it up!
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.

Offline Martylka

• see you next time
  • coming back like a boomerang
  • Characters: Martylka, Eulika
Hi Pelnar thanks for sharing lots of thoughts and nice guide! :) And I don't think 'serious player' is the one who makes damage as someone stated before - this way for example vit support dragon robe ep or cata barb with 2 magic rings wouldn't be 'serious player' either (which would be unfair and ungrateful to tell in my opinion...)

I'd like to add few notes to what was posted in guide.

First of all, theme is rather Sage Heavy Armor Vit Veno guide. Not pure str HA one, not half/half magic/str, nor pure magic but HA wearing one. Just vit HA venos. Something like cata barb with 2 magic rings (but without barb's hp).

With stating points it'll reasonable to sacrifice one more point in dex to get 80 points there - as 1% crit goes with every full 20 points. :) As best engraves for this build I see "magic damage reduced 2%' and 'def lvl 2' instead of '22 vit' as it gives more to your tankiness than vit points. I understand - Frossilized Curse makes more damage with every vit point - but as you said, you're tank not a DD. :)

With genies I would go rather one of those:
- vit/mag genie (for survivability) with spammable skills (Absolute Domain, Tree of Protection, Faith, Evil Ward, Holy Path, Cloud Eruption, wood immune and either one of those: Will Surge, chi drainer like Chi Siphion or Tangling Mire for aoe amp). I like when genie regenerates fast so I would stat 80 vit and rest in magic; if you prefer longer genie hp bar more in vit can work as well
- str genie to not to use too often but with nice kick when you do ;) (Absolute Domain, Tree of Protection, Faith, Evil Ward, Occult Ice, Tangling Mire, Holy Path, Cloud Eruption/Chi Siphion/Will Surge/wood immune) with str 140 (for Occult Ice to proc 100%, increasing HP boost from Tree of Protection and making Mire amp more deadly as well), then vit 40 and rest in magic. It works for me good, and same as before - if you prefer longer genie hp bar all is up to You.
I'm not saying it's best but both works for me good and probably you'll find in it something for You too.

For me sacrificing a pet is a big con of that build as it makes You unable to use Natural Synergy which is important for me as anti-stun skill to combo with Feral Concentration. Def lvl weapon works for me better than puri one if I can do this. I would try to use defensive pets (astral drake/fox/spot/snowman) or any version of avatar of war (wolf, spider, bull) with self-healing skill in mood even (also nice here is snowman as he has as last skill self heal+increasing def lvls for period of time) and max it stats in defense, def levels and hp. Damage not so important. You can use it as cc than real damage (rule the world, pounce etc but with Protect and Strong on it, fixed). If you can't get self heal in mood or you got good defensive mood (=reduce damage from players) just teach your pet skill Reborn in Fire in first 4 skills of your pet. So, I would go then Rule the World, Reborn in Fire, Protect, Strong. But it's true there is no unkillable pets in that build. :)

Offline Pelnar

• The WR Under the Bridge
  • Feed me, Seymour
  • Characters: Pelnar, Hackee
  • Faction: Formerly ArchEnemy
Hi Pelnar thanks for sharing lots of thoughts and nice guide! :) And I don't think 'serious player' is the one who makes damage as someone stated before - this way for example vit support dragon robe ep or cata barb with 2 magic rings wouldn't be 'serious player' either (which would be unfair and ungrateful to tell in my opinion...)

I'd like to add few notes to what was posted in guide.

First of all, theme is rather Sage Heavy Armor Vit Veno guide. Not pure str HA one, not half/half magic/str, nor pure magic but HA wearing one. Just vit HA venos. Something like cata barb with 2 magic rings (but without barb's hp).

With stating points it'll reasonable to sacrifice one more point in dex to get 80 points there - as 1% crit goes with every full 20 points. :) As best engraves for this build I see "magic damage reduced 2%' and 'def lvl 2' instead of '22 vit' as it gives more to your tankiness than vit points. I understand - Frossilized Curse makes more damage with every vit point - but as you said, you're tank not a DD. :)

With genies I would go rather one of those:
- vit/mag genie (for survivability) with spammable skills (Absolute Domain, Tree of Protection, Faith, Evil Ward, Holy Path, Cloud Eruption, wood immune and either one of those: Will Surge, chi drainer like Chi Siphion or Tangling Mire for aoe amp). I like when genie regenerates fast so I would stat 80 vit and rest in magic; if you prefer longer genie hp bar more in vit can work as well
- str genie to not to use too often but with nice kick when you do ;) (Absolute Domain, Tree of Protection, Faith, Evil Ward, Occult Ice, Tangling Mire, Holy Path, Cloud Eruption/Chi Siphion/Will Surge/wood immune) with str 140 (for Occult Ice to proc 100%, increasing HP boost from Tree of Protection and making Mire amp more deadly as well), then vit 40 and rest in magic. It works for me good, and same as before - if you prefer longer genie hp bar all is up to You.
I'm not saying it's best but both works for me good and probably you'll find in it something for You too.

For me sacrificing a pet is a big con of that build as it makes You unable to use Natural Synergy which is important for me as anti-stun skill to combo with Feral Concentration. Def lvl weapon works for me better than puri one if I can do this. I would try to use defensive pets (astral drake/fox/spot/snowman) or any version of avatar of war (wolf, spider, bull) with self-healing skill in mood even (also nice here is snowman as he has as last skill self heal+increasing def lvls for period of time) and max it stats in defense, def levels and hp. Damage not so important. You can use it as cc than real damage (rule the world, pounce etc but with Protect and Strong on it, fixed). If you can't get self heal in mood or you got good defensive mood (=reduce damage from players) just teach your pet skill Reborn in Fire in first 4 skills of your pet. So, I would go then Rule the World, Reborn in Fire, Protect, Strong. But it's true there is no unkillable pets in that build. :)
Thank you for your feedback. I added the "pets" section and adjusted for the 1% crit. Am currently redoing the Genie section. You will be credited appropriately.

Edit: Copy/pasted your genie recommendations with a few minor edits for consistency in style. I hope this is okay with you. Credited you for that as well.
Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:39 pm by Pelnar
The WF that got Soul Trapper Banned

Offline Martylka

• see you next time
  • coming back like a boomerang
  • Characters: Martylka, Eulika
For me all is cool ty^^

Offline Demonic

• Characters: DemonicMist, DemonicAxe
  • Faction: Иightmare Leader
Ty for the guide!

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
OP Guide i will make an HA Venon, but i still have to choose between sage and demon, cuz 3 meter purge seems to low.

Edit: Well, i may think about make a full support venon, with AA set full of RPDT, i may need some math...
Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 06:56 pm by Mentalista

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Ħǎᵯɨɖ ᴙ€ᵶⱥ

• Esra
  • *Dandelion*
OP Guide i will make an HA Venon, but i still have to choose between sage and demon, cuz 3 meter purge seems to low.

Edit: Well, i may think about make a full support venon, with AA set full of RPDT, i may need some math...
dont need make wf
back on ur psy alrdy , that guy plying on ur psy is .. :'(

slpstrm17

Please master make a wr also, and show them lowborns who is their king
Wowowow ... great guide..... only ever been a pure pure magic build.....but i love the whole 'annoy your enemy' approach more.... great guide hun, totally giving this a whirl :)

Offline Rexxxx

• Rexxie
  • Im a Rider
  • Characters: Zue
  • Faction: Cardinals
ride till we can't no more

Offline Kathleen

Thanks I'll try this  ^-^

Offline Mievieh

• 9 and 9 and 9
  • You are a king. You can't fall on your knees.
  • Characters: Karmakun, Sestiel
  • Faction: Tyrants
"Alternatively, if you have the money for them, I would recommend Def Level or
RMDT engraves. I go with Vit because they're the cheapest of the 22 stat engraves."

What would be better: Def+2 Vit+9 or Def+1 RMDT +2%? o:
Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack!

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
What would be better: Def+2 Vit+9 or Def+1 RMDT +2%? o:
I'd go with RMDT. 
Were that Vit 10, I would say that is up to personal preference.
Vit 11, I'd go with that.
Def 2/RMDT 1 > Def 2 Vit 9 though.

It's all honestly up to personal preference. But for this, probably go RMDT2

Offline Woda

• The elegance of mystic gameplay is not to be underestimated
  • Characters: Woda
I'd go with RMDT.
Were that Vit 10, I would say that is up to personal preference.
Vit 11, I'd go with that.
Def 2/RMDT 1 > Def 2 Vit 9 though.

It's all honestly up to personal preference. But for this, probably go RMDT2
I'm not an expert on stuff like this, but how can u be so sure that 1 (or 2) vit makes any difference at all? I mean, even full offense builds have over 500 vit, let alone vit builds. Just 1 or 2 on top of that doesn't seem to make a difference to me. If I'm wrong, please explain why.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
I value RMDT1 at about 10 vit. At that point, it doesn't make much of a difference. But a line has to be drawn somewhere. For me, it's there. Other people may view things differently, and there may be a strictly better way of determining this, but I don't know it if there is  one. Personal preference is a lot of this.