Epic Perfect World

RE: Fat Casters

Offline MageTank

So i got back from vacation, and saw that the -requirement stones did not work. I dont know if this would be easier or not, but why not add a recraft options for the weapons in a -req tab? If you are worried about them being OP, just make them 1 socket only, and add the blue on, with the same stats. It would be just like having a wep, with a -req socket stone anyhow. I know it would suck, having to add a tab, and add the mods to each wep, and then editing the elements.data, but it would achieve the same outcome.

It sucks asking for this, but heavy casters are a part of the game. Just like warriors wearing light armor, and archers even using heavy. Cross-Class armor classes give pvp diversity, and makes the game more enjoyable.

MageTank

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Today I have replaced magic attack with magic (int) on rings, so it will give 30-40 more int (depends on grade), will it be enough?

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?
It sucks asking for this, but heavy casters are a part of the game. Just like warriors wearing light armor, and archers even using heavy. Cross-Class armor classes give pvp diversity, and makes the game more enjoyable.

I'm going to put in my two cents here, putting Heavy on a caster is not like a bm using light, it is more like a bm asking to use casting armor and we all know its absolutely nonsensical to do that and any bm who would do that is absolutely obtuse. I know you have pulled it off in the past magetank but the way the chars are set up on this server, giving mages heavy armor is going to unbalance the server and make everyone want a heavy mage. I'm sorry I don't agree with this, not because of you but because of the unbalance it will cause. Mages are kicking butt the way they are, its not cool trying to come into a game and try to get the admin to adjust it to your play-style, try a new play-style for once, I know your smart enough to do it.
Last Edit: Feb 22, 2012, 12:12 am by darknae
Your greatest enemy is your own ego

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
You missed 40 int from set bonus and 40 int from rings

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?
Magetank, im not sure your aware of this but bm's were the first class to be nerfed. I have seen soooo many g17/DEMONIC bm's , bm's that know how to pvp, go down to a g17 mage, there is absolutely NO reason for mages to be given heavy armor, it would throw off the balance agatio has achieved let me say it this way and im sure you are thinking this same thing, if the mages on this server were to be given heavy armor, there would absolutely and positively without a shadow of a doubt NO WAY TO TAKE DOWN said mage for a bm/archer/barb anything besides MAYBE a veno. Use light armor, it doesn't require as much strength and still gives you a bit of an edge over melee classes.

No it wouldn't hurt to add it to a normal 1.3.6 server but this one has been balanced nicely and IF he releases the requirement stones all that hard work would be for nothing. I hope you truly test this Agatio before you release it so that you can see im right.

Offline lonerose82

I don't see how heavy casting would make it OP, nor do I see all the players switching to a heavy mage. People like the classes they play for their own individual reasons. As an example, if I were to play a mage I would be a dark robed mage, because that's the way I like to play. I know plenty other people who would also choose robe mage over heavy. A heavy mage is definitely not impossible to kill, because I've seen them get taken down by every class. It wouldn't be impossible; it all depends on the player's skill. I've especially seen them get killed by BMs, and I can't see why an archer wouldn't be able to take down a heavy mage, because they hit hard with both their physical and magic... I'm not understanding where these claims are coming from, because I've never seen them occur in the many servers I have played. As a heavy werefox myself, I've also been killed by every class, and it really does depend on the player's skill as to whether or not he is able to kill a target (despite the target's choice of gear.)

Offline Zero

No one likes to play with a heavy mage because the damage is so nerfed it makes the attack seem pointless. Mages were designed to kill things so the reason why you never actually see one is because there is not much of a point to play them if they cant kill very well. It is about how you play the character and the great thing about perfect world is that you can design yourself in whatever fashion you like. If an LA wf works for you great, same with an int fox, claw wb, light mg, or heavy ep. Mages will still die the same, heavy or int, it just matters how you play to bring them down. And why so scared of heavy mgs? They can barely kill so they actually kind of like wbs in the sense that all they do is run around and maybe perdi someone once in awhile. They actually run slower than them too and they end up taking space same as wbs in pk.
As for WRs and their armor, yes Wrs were designed to use regular heavy armor and not casting armor, but you can take it one step further to say that WRs were also not meant to use light armor in the first place. If it was not for the light bonus, all WRs would be heavy armor like they were supposed to. But things changed, gameplay allowed for WRs to get more speed and more power and that is how most WRs play now. They forget what they were meant to wear actually. Telling mages that they cant wear heavy armor is like trying to restrict them into certain categories, not allowing them to explore other options that perfect world offers its players.
I have killed MT's heavy mg many times, tanked it many more times and taken down Laeya's heavy wf too. Took some work, but it can be done. If you never tried it is hard to know for sure.
Last Edit: Feb 22, 2012, 02:06 am by Zero

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?
We can argue back and forth all day about this which im not willing to do I have better things to do. Sarcasm aside, go ahead and implement it agatio, its your choice but if you do this then you need to add back the bm's hp, the non class restricted magic swords etc. Let all your hard work go to hell because one person wants freedom of choice. Last I checked, I had to change my play-style and build to come play here so why shouldn't everyone else? Hell I think im a stronger pvp'er and pve'er because of the balance achieved on this server.

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?
yeah I bring that out in people :P

I didn't want to post this but then I thought what the hell, if I didn't know shit about pvping I wouldn't be outside west every night practicing my butt off would I. I wouldn't have been able to take down the #1 ranked veno on the server WITHOUT glitching would have I lol. I have a different set of morals than most AND I actually think about the server as a whole FIRST rather than my own personal play-style. I know your extremely good and im only a novice but I never ONCE mentioned I was afraid of a heavy mage. I've really learned alot since our days on "dance in PW" so please don't underestimate my knowledge of the characters and the dynamics of the game. I do not believe in going around and spouting out all of that knowledge just to make someone look like an idiot and im the all knowing god of pw, that's not my style. I release my knowledge to those that ask for it and truly wish to learn and this post isn't the time nor the place for me to write a book, id rather keep my mouth shut and let the truth come to the surface.
Last Edit: Feb 22, 2012, 04:13 am by darknae

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Heavy armor gets a set bonus for int points? This i did not know.. My mistake.

MageTank
My bad, but 2 robe parts (hat, sandals for example), rest heavy and maybe 1 pdef ornament and it should work.
Last Edit: Feb 22, 2012, 09:43 am by Agatio

Offline Faeryl

*scratches head*

All the fancy numbers and words entwined with the pro’s and con’s are nicely done, but deceiving to say the least. However, I see between the lines MageTank. You ask why? Let me indulge you, I admire your ability to avert from your hidden agenda. I have seen you first hand on another server drop the best to their knees with 1 to 2 shots; you have done well with building a heavy mage along with your glitches of weapons. Agatio, may fall for a ride on your merry go round, but I won’t as I know first hand what your motives are, as I have seen your abilities with my own two eyes. Your motives are like a lion waiting in the brush before the kill, so please, for the love of God stop trying to avert and be honest. Either time will show the true colors or you will adapt to a server that has customized content and characters across the board. Mage Tank I truly respect you and your knowledge of the game, and you’re an awesome person to talk too, as well I am honored to call you a friend. Sometimes in life when something new is presented before us, rather than try to change it to satisfy our self needs and desires, one should learn to change themselves and adapt to the new surroundings. Trust me, I hated deep down in my bones what Agatio has done with the clerics and wanted to say screw this crap and walk away, but instead I took my eyes off myself and made an Archer. To my surprise I have really enjoyed playing her, and have even let myself go against what I abhor most in game, which is PvP; it only brings more drama than is needed. Maybe, you should try the same, you never know you actually may enjoy yourself and add more to you already incredible knowledge base.
Last Edit: Feb 22, 2012, 02:19 pm by Faeryl
When Soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a
battlefield they all have one rank in my eyes.

Offline Faeryl

Let me ask you this: Why wouldn't you want to explore something new? I know with out a doubt you will bring something even better than MageTank. What I love about you most is you are able to that. You are one of the few, besides Dark of course that can adapt and do so many amazing things. Just like how Dark has been able to withstand the blows he takes and rarely falls with beyond the norm nerfed BM. That takes experience which begets knowledge and allows you to become one with your character.

hugs,
When Soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a
battlefield they all have one rank in my eyes.

Offline Chakka

Sounds like this is gonna be fun. I'm DLing the client now. After do a bit of research and reading I think I have nailed down a good tanking build for my EP.

Chakka
I'm mean. Deal with it

Offline Tinykiller

• Boooooooyaaaaaa
Mages are a DD Class therefore they should use AA if a mg uses Heavy whats the point? theyre dmg will be alot lower than other DDs. Only caster class that should use heavy in my opinion is non pvp ep so they can tank things and heal people without dying so easily and also sometimes wfs use it because they have a pet/they use melee.
_Cocaine_! - Lvl 150 barb
Cocaiinee - Lvl 150 sin
Bangers - Lvl 140 physic
Coocaine - Lvl 150 seeker
<3Tiny - Lvl 150 Wizzard
_Cocaine_ - Lvl 150 Archer
Tinykiller - Lvl 150 Bm