Epic Perfect World

Disappointed

Offline DawnStarV

So I started here yesterday. It seemed interesting. I like that there's a challenge instead of everything being handed to you.  :) Flew/walked around checking out people's gears, looks like I have something to work towards and I like that. But the world chat last night?  :o Wow. Some guy, who's supposedly going to become a gm, threatening, harassing and sexually harassing people for a good 15 minutes at least. An alleged gm logs in, thank goodness, and says he's going to ban/mute other people but not going to do anything to the future gm even though he was watching the chat. I found that extremely disappointing. So since that seems to be the atmosphere of this server, I guess this is hello and goodbye.  :(  I just thought whoever's in charge might wanna know why people may not stay. Good luck with the gm's to the rest of you. It could've been fun *sigh*

Offline tragedy

That's pretty much how it's always been here. The GM's here don't seem to give a flying $%@# about what other GM's do. They barely seem to care what the players do. They're just focused on events, I guess. Or watching TV. Or whatever else requires them to ignore this server's needs.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
- Albert Einstein

Offline Demon

Hey mate, this is a really great server. Dont let idiots in world chat set you off from this server. give it another go and if it happens again SS it and send it to Agatio. Im fairly certain that something will be done about this issue.

Again give it another go, dont let the few bad apples steer you away!

~Demon
DemonClaw- 150 Demon BM
ASMODEUS- 150 Sage Seeker

Offline Demon

@ Tragedy

Don't dis all the GM's because a few of them are bad apples or have had a few poor judgement calls. No1 is perfect, not even GM's. 
DemonClaw- 150 Demon BM

Offline DawnStarV

Hey mate, this is a really great server. Dont let idiots in world chat set you off from this server. give it another go and if it happens again SS it and send it to Agatio. Im fairly certain that something will be done about this issue.

Again give it another go, dont let the few bad apples steer you away!

~Demon

While I understand there's gonna be hateful players, I was just kinda blown away by the "gm." And then for it to be "no one can question a gm" just sorta made it worse. The few players I spoke to were cool but idk if I wanna be in a game where the "authorities" are as bad as rage-case players are. I guess I'm sensitive to it because I'm coming from a server where the owner is a bit nuts and was hoping to find a more civil, yet still fun place to play. But thanks for the positive response.

Offline Demon

While I understand there's gonna be hateful players, I was just kinda blown away by the "gm." And then for it to be "no one can question a gm" just sorta made it worse. The few players I spoke to were cool but idk if I wanna be in a game where the "authorities" are as bad as rage-case players are. I guess I'm sensitive to it because I'm coming from a server where the owner is a bit nuts and was hoping to find a more civil, yet still fun place to play. But thanks for the positive response.

I wasnt on last night but ive seen things like this happen b4 in my time on this server. With respect I disagree with your dislike of "No1 can question a gm". "bucking" a gm in world chat only causes more problems and entices other players to poke in. It's not that you cant say anything about a gm or what they are doing, just do it to Aga in pm's or on the forums. I dont believe Aga would let something like that slide if he had proof of what happened. Again, SS it and send it to him. Aga is a good owner, and this is an amazing server. Give it another go.

~Demon
DemonClaw- 150 Demon BM

Offline Kaleidoscope

• Tangle was here ♥
  • Surge was here ♥
Please send me a private message about what happened, with specifics about who was involved.
The fact of the matter is that some of us DO care what other GM's and players do, and I'd hate to see anyone quit before they gave the server a real chance.

Offline Demon

Please send me a private message about what happened, with specifics about who was involved.
The fact of the matter is that some of us DO care what other GM's and players do, and I'd hate to see anyone quit before they gave the server a real chance.

i agree completely.
DemonClaw- 150 Demon BM

Offline Lan

• mmm bacon
  • Harshland Leader
I love this place...but yeah no server is perfect on all levels. Just SS and mail to Agatio when it happens they said.
I am.
Lan 150 Dem/Seeker           StelioKontos 150 Dem/BM
BloodKnife 150 Sage/Sin      Ashaman 150 Sage/Wiz
Aftershocks 150 Sage/Psy   Lion_O-150 Dem/Barb
Boba_Fett 150 Dem/Archer  More to come...

Offline KratoS

• Retired Staff Member
As this was happening I know I was the GM that logged in last night, however I didn't see anything that might have been said and I did repeatedly ask for proof of the offense. The SS could have simply been sent to me on the forums easy but here it is 13 hours later and I still do not have any proof. Now GMs will not go around handing out mutes or bans to players who are reported even by a large sum of people, We still require proof in the end.
KratoS ~ GM ~ I AM RETIRED PLEASE STOP MESSAGING ME FOR HELP. I NO LONGER WORK FOR THIS SERVER.

WckdFists ~ 150 Demon BM
Erebos ~150 Demon Sin
Silas ~ 150 Sage Seeker

Offline KichikuouRance

• http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance
sexual harassment? on epw? nonsense!  ;)

I'm always erect.

GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Offline Munin

So I started here yesterday. It seemed interesting. I like that there's a challenge instead of everything being handed to you.  :) Flew/walked around checking out people's gears, looks like I have something to work towards and I like that. But the world chat last night?  :o Wow. Some guy, who's supposedly going to become a gm, threatening, harassing and sexually harassing people for a good 15 minutes at least. An alleged gm logs in, thank goodness, and says he's going to ban/mute other people but not going to do anything to the future gm even though he was watching the chat. I found that extremely disappointing. So since that seems to be the atmosphere of this server, I guess this is hello and goodbye.  :(  I just thought whoever's in charge might wanna know why people may not stay. Good luck with the gm's to the rest of you. It could've been fun *sigh*

there it is ........

once ive told u guys that exactly that will happen .......http://91.121.5.146/index.php?topic=2356.0...... nuff said.........

DeVon Sin 150  -  Eroja Psy 150  -  Balder BM 150
FluFFy WB 150  -  Drave EP 150  -  Munin MG 150
Baldur  Seeker  150     -     Caster1  Mystic  150

Offline Kazureblue

I was on last night too. I did notice a lot of trolling on WC but that's kinda normal. Things that could be considered "Sexual" are often brought up a lot on WC. They kind of always have been since the chat filter here isn't restricted nearly as much as on other servers. Some people just feel like acting like children, sometimes the GM's troll them back, it's not really that much of a big deal. If you don't like it, you can always edit your chat settings to make it so that you don't have to see World Chat.

I seem to be ranting an awful lot and I apologize x.x This server is actually a really great place to be. I love it here and personally have thanked every GM I've ever seen online. I've never had any real trouble here. People are usually nice, they just act a bit different when GM's are on.

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
you really shouldnt give up dawn, i've been to several servers, and this is by FAR my favorite. i've never had trouble with gm's, in fact, they've even gone as far as socializing and chatting with me. As for the part about the trolling gm, i do not know. i HAVE heard that one of the gm's may be a GM on another private server (appearently have the same name) however, as i have not been there personally, i can not verify this, and i doubt that the gm would admit being same person. (appearently she was banned as gm there dunno y, and it not my business honestly). however, that isnt relevant to this post (tho GMs may wanna look into it) so i'm getting back to the point i was making.

The point is, not only are these gms more tangible than gms of most other servers. but they actually do care. ive had aga fix broken quest, neith (was gm at the time) got back to me on message i sent him, and various other instances. We have good people, good gm, great events, and are very fair in terms of class advantages. yes, there are gankers, trolls, buzzkills, and even a bad gm every now and then. but what server doesnt? it's how we deal with them that matters, and if you have a gm complaint, for the love of god PLEASE dont post it in world chat. they will cause drama and often a mute. if you have a problem with one, take it up with Agatio PRIVATELY. and remember; Screenshot, Screenshot, Screenshot, Screenshot, Screenshot. that's how you tell a gm if you feel another gm did something wrong or unjust. It's like accusing someone of treason, you can yap about it all you want, but without cold hard proof, you might as well be talking to a wall.  :3

i know it's a long post, and it MAY have come off kinda rude, but i'm only stating the facts as they are. And trust me, if you give proof, they WILL look into it. there have been corrupt gms in the past. But do you see them now?   :-\
Anyways, give us a chance, you'll love us. And mah fac leader might smack meh if i didnt ask ya to join Sacred, so feel free to join if u come back.  ;)

----AurielXarxes
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Scylla

@Kazureblue (orwhateverthehellyournameis):
Telling someone to turn WC off instead of having WC regulated is stupid. Imo, a lot of things beyond just stupid crap happens on WC, (i.e; buying, selling, GV/PV parties, etc.), and people rely on that stuff. Whether or not a GM is "used to" the bullshit that happens, its not an excuse to not regulate WC. Not everyone wants to see PK shit talk flood their chat. (or whatever else) And before someone brings up the BL option, theres only so much room on there and its not always the same people.

A GMs job isn't just watching and being a babysitter to WC, but its also not their job to sit around and watch it happen. Granted, I don't think there was a GM on at this time, as there normally aren't any, but all the same.
Just my opinion on the it.

Just my thoughts on this.

And yes, I know I flood chat with stupid shit too, but I follow the rules. Lol.

EDIT: In response to the OP:

I'm sorry that you had such a rough start and I can understand your frustrations. But, the server has really nice GMs and 75% of the time they do their jobs perfectly. (Not perfect I guess but you know what I mean.) The biggest problem seems to be that there is never a GM on. I encourage you to give EPW another chance, because imo its the best 1.4.4+ server out there by far and you won't get the same experience anywhere else.
Last Edit: Oct 14, 2012, 10:00 pm by Scylla