Epic Perfect World

Gaming laptop worth it?

Offline QUITTTTTEEDDD

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: \
I am still debating on whether or not to get a gaming laptop and idk what to look for in a gaming laptop since I am noob to this technology stuff is a gaming laptop worth it and if so what company should I be looking at my budget is 1500$ us dollars so anything around there or less is good :3

Vegas

Offline QUITTTTTEEDDD

• Forum Veteran
No, build a PC
Need to take laptop with me to school and places so can't build pc :(

LillySatou

No, build a PC, you'll save a bit of money too for a more powerful rig.

Get a tablet instead of a gaming laptop, you don't need to game while you're at school  :police:

Vegas

Need to take laptop with me to school and places so can't build pc :(
Gaming laptops aren't that portable either, buy something slim with a good CPU. GPU is irrelevant for PW

infernchidhu

Put the money in a bank, dont play for 4-5 years, get more money and buy a PC, laptops are shit.

Opulence

Noobie cousin, I was looking for the same thing. 
Best to do some research on multiple sites to see what is best for 2015 under $1500. There are some "gaming" laptops I've seen that are really thin but ofc you risk the chance of overheating a lot I'd assume.
Are you gonna be playing games that are more demanding then EPW is another question to ask. Then the overheat would be a bigger issue.
Another option like other people said is to keep your gaming pc/laptop at home and bring a tablet with an external keyboard or something.
Trust me ... if you bring your laptop to class you will just spend time dicking around on the internet.
 O:-)

Offline 1337

• The Maestro
  • Characters: MCCCXXXVII, Creampie
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
I have an asus rog laptop and it's pretty good for gaming tbh. Idk if you're just getting it for PW or not, but there is 0 lag on it. I still prefer a PC but if you want a gaming laptop, it can run pw smoothly.

Offline QUITTTTTEEDDD

• Forum Veteran
Ty everyone for the info <3

Offline Aikochu

• Beginner
Buy a good system on black friday sales :D i am runnning 8-10 Ares alts at a time with hardly any lag on a 275$ black friday laptop :D 

Offline exe626

• brb
  • Faction: Xpendable
"gaming laptops" are never worth what they're priced at

build a $1,200 pc, buy a $300 work laptop

Offline Goz

> serious (you're spending a bit more money than needed) pc gaming
> gaming in F2P, badly dev'd game
pick 1
Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 05:28 pm by Goz
Kinguin no chance my friend - PashaBiceps