Epic Perfect World

Tips on PV as a Cleric

Offline ceruleanxx

• Beginner
So I hit 147 on my Cleric and so begins the steep climb to 150. I've been fortunate to find some random stragglers who want to duo or triple with me in PV here and there, but it can be very hard to find squads sometimes. So, I've been thinking about soloing. My gear is such that I can tank probably 1/3 of PV without counting Plume Shell or Sage Vanguard, but I probably can't kill most of them fast enough using things like 3 Spark Razor Feathers...

I haven't tried Purify/Expel, but it seems kinda neat. Tempest would then be viable given its semilong channeling time.

So...what are other combos/ideas that clerics have used to level to 150 in PV or otherwise? Also, if you are in a squad, is the experience you gain lowered versus going solo??

LillySatou

Your EXP intake isn't as high as when you run with others (XP/hour)

Offline Deathpuddle

• Sin With A Mouth
  • It's like riding a bike or severe childhood trauma, you never really lose it.
  • Characters: Deadpool
  • Faction: Ass4Hire
If the PV area is that dead and it's really that hard to find a squad, then this game really is all but dead and buried.

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules
solo pv is difficult as a cleric, u can multi if u have higher lvl character .
Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 03:44 pm by Mάჯ

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
If your having difficulties finding a squad and being able to solo PV, message me on skype
or through the forums and I will solo run you though pv until your half way through 149.

During that time I will answer any questions you might have about the game.
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
if you still want to solo it, it is possible to solo as ep just takes a bit longer.  I don't remember exactly what combo I used when I did it cos it was long, long ago (I don't remember what gear I had on either, but I know it wasn't demonic and I know it wasn't 110 gear).  I just remember I took the instance through in chunks, and would spam vanguard and probably some heals after (or before? I don't remember :( ) before using razor feathers, siren's kiss, and tempest.  I never really used 3spark.  But I did definitely use ct buff.  and that was usually enough to kill the mobs.

Offline Suns

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forever QTest GM
  • ✿ ♥ ☼ ✼ ❣ ❁
  • Characters: Fire | Sunflower | Sunshine
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Here's what I did.

Stack Ironheart Blessing. Pull about 5-8 mobs (not including the magic mobs, do those separate if you can). Put up Plume Shell. Use Razor Feathers and Siren's Kiss. Stack Ironheart Blessing again. Rinse and repeat. Be careful when Plume Shell runs out, and put it up whenever the cooldown is done.

I did that before becoming sage / demon, so having either of those should help.

Just go slow and you can do it.

Take care, lovelies! ♥

Guides | Rules | Helpdesk | Staff | Stream
- - -
Keep your face towards the sun and every shadow will fall behind you.

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
I dont understand why are we still supposed to level up and not have it instantly, it's really dumb and time consuming and no one enjoys it really

Offline Deathpuddle

• Sin With A Mouth
  • It's like riding a bike or severe childhood trauma, you never really lose it.
  • Characters: Deadpool
  • Faction: Ass4Hire
I dont understand why are we still supposed to level up and not have it instantly, it's really dumb and time consuming and no one enjoys it really
Discourages people from having 189358713413785438151378 alts.

Offline Rin

• Forum Veteran
I just pulled as many mobs as possible, aoe'd and then kited until the C/D was off. Goes much faster than wasting time trying to tank 5-6 mobs until you can put another aoe :(

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
Because people would have ALOT more ares alts than they already do.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
full nirvana/demonic
shard it full 20 vit stones
get weapon 145/140demonic
shard it 20 magic/12% ct
3spark, vanguard urself(considering u done culti) if sage, heal if demon, plume shell
aoe.
repeat.

Offline Death

• Old Player
What I did when leveling my main (ep) was farming shrine mobs and rancor. Eps are better at single target + you earn some ec for r8 :police: I think it's a waste of time to solo PV until you can 1-2 aoe shot mobs.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
You don't need to spam PV in order to gain exp, it eventually gets boring. At this level there are other, more interesting ways imho (daily quests, Morai, HDD, Primal questlines, Frostcovered City, Nirvana, Shrine of Awakenings mobs, Rancors or OHT mats exchange)

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I did Morai Crazy Stone then the questline.  A lot of my exp on my cleric was done via GV though (which is a hard instance to get a squad now that you don't need it for culti)  I did PV once as a cleric, said "*** this shit" and went through the other methods.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)