Epic Perfect World

Building Magic Classes

Offline Rubyfruit

• Beginner
Hello~
I recently came over here after playing PWI on and off for a long time. In PWI nowdays, for most mages it's pure mag or gtfo; clerics and venos have the option of an AA vit build and venos can get away with LA or HA/AA, maybe, if they know what they're doing, though R9rr trumps everything in the end.  Just kind of sifting through the forums and looking at people's gear in game, I've noticed quite a few people doing things you'd see pretty rarely in PWI, like clerics mixing HA and AA and psychics, mystics and wizards wearing full HA. I also saw terms being thrown around like "DD cleric" versus "Full support cleric," which reminded me of when clerics in OG PWI used to go around saying they were 'metal mages' and wouldn't heal..and then the squad leader would usually kick them out. 

So I have a couple of questions about mage classes in general (but mostly about clerics, since cleric is my favorite and I'm playing one right now) since things seem to be a bit different/more flexible here: 

- Do most people choose between 'full support' and 'DD' roles for a cleric? From what I read it seems like "Full support" just means you're sacrificing some of your killing power to stat some str/dex to equip some HA things or to put points into vit; would 'DD' then just be the pure mag variety? 

- What would be the role of a 'defensive/support' cleric in pvp? Are they capable of taking people down?

- Are HA wizards and psys common? Or are these mostly experimental/just for funsies builds? Are most full AA/pure mag?

Thanks! <3

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
Since you can have different gearsets you can switch between lets say a DD set and a tankset on your toons and normally as caster you go full mag here cause u get enough HP due to the +20vit stones we got here....
As supportcleric u mostly heal/purify/waste your SoG on someone but normally u dont attack ppl since u need to focus on healing or get kicked from faction (yes i ve seen that lol)
Last thing bout HA casters... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline 1337

• The Maestro
  • Characters: MCCCXXXVII, Creampie
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
HA mages are the best way to go

Offline MinYoon-Gi

• ex nihilo, nihil fit.
If I'm not mistaken full support ep here use Dragon AA Chest(depending on how your r8 chest stats are, I think o_o)
Def cape, Vit tome and stat most points into Vitality..

"- What would be the role of a 'defensive/support' cleric in pvp? Are they capable of taking people down?"

Sleep, heal, sog :pig-47:

"- Are HA wizards and psys common? Or are these mostly experimental/just for funsies builds? Are most full AA/pure mag?"

I think the only class that is magic that will go HA is Veno idk 100%... at least, I've never seen HA Wiz or Psy xD

I'm kinda new here too, I also came from official PWI so sorry if my help is wrong :tiger-12:

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
tl;dr if u wanna donate  alot of RL $$$ to be OP

Go full channeling wizard.

If you wanna tank for days and still kill something (after donating) go cleric

if u wanna just rekt easies with minimal cash shop...

Go venomancer and learn ur class 

Offline Rubyfruit

• Beginner
I've seen at least five HA mages, and I've only been here since yesterday! I must attract weirdos <3
I thought it seemed odd.
Thanks for your answers, guys.