Epic Perfect World

SOG Fix.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
In a mass pk scenario sleep isn't very effective, the wb stunlocking often gets hit therefore knocking them out of sleep. This makes sog usually the only option when you cannot move to support your squad, rendering you pretty useless as an ep.
yet, u are not supposed to run freely and lets be honest, u can always paralyze (that lasts quite a while)
sleep (even if it lasts 10 seconds is still good
sog (which lasts quite a good time and it removes one important side of cc
ep aint supposed to be WR yet it stunlocks better than one
10 seconds cd extra will just make EP stunlocked for 5 seconds (after which u can fortify and run when occult fails)
and lets be honest
there are 10 EPs and 4 WBs that spam knockdown
are u srsly implying that some eps (the beluga) aren't chaining up sogs with other eps in order to remove 1 cc side completely?
i dont see this logic with EP cc'ing enemies more than WRs but i pk would way more fun if you could actually cc and not just stand there with 10 people less everytime the low cd is over
10 seconds extra cooldown won't harm ep in mass pk in any way if u can use any other skill and not just sog (there's this paralyze that lasts 10 seconds+ that can be chained up with sog) if u wanna be cc class xd

Offline dove

• Forum Veteran
yet, u are not supposed to run freely and lets be honest, u can always paralyze (that lasts quite a while)
sleep (even if it lasts 10 seconds is still good
sog (which lasts quite a good time and it removes one important side of cc
ep aint supposed to be WR yet it stunlocks better than one
10 seconds cd extra will just make EP stunlocked for 5 seconds (after which u can fortify and run when occult fails)
and lets be honest
there are 10 EPs and 4 WBs that spam knockdown
are u srsly implying that some eps (the beluga) aren't chaining up sogs with other eps in order to remove 1 cc side completely?
i dont see this logic with EP cc'ing enemies more than WRs but i pk would way more fun if you could actually cc and not just stand there with 10 people less everytime the low cd is over
10 seconds extra cooldown won't harm ep in mass pk in any way if u can use any other skill and not just sog (there's this paralyze that lasts 10 seconds+ that can be chained up with sog) if u wanna be cc class xd
As an ep, wbs aren't the only class that stunlock me. Take Warning for example (since that's the only faction I mass pk against mostly), they have plenty of seekers and wrs which cc everyone but also eps in particular. Therefore, sog doesn't give me the advantage to run freely. In TW yesterday I had two wrs alone in the air, ccing me, ZinC and some other. Even with sog the way it is, I wasn't completely cc free. 

Also I fail to see where I implied that some eps don't chain sogs. However, a few eps chaining sog does not render the whole cc useless, there isn't just one or two wrs in the pk currently, more like each side has 5+ if we're talking about Artifex vs Warning. Finally, I don't know about other eps but I don't have time to worry about chain sogging someone, as I have my squad to heal. 

Offline RNGesus

• Faction: Retired
No wonder there is no dragon rising wr skill here

Offline Klaus

• The Original
  • Faction: Tyrants
like fmp said , ppl will abuse using sog and using genie to take off silence which will give 15 sec of  immortality.. you should learn you re classe , use will surge at right timing and also for mass pk it will be even  worse, cleric will be unkillable by soging eachother and taking off silence ,-1
Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 01:27 pm by EragonN

scatterer3

After I got Lawbreaker on my genie I instantly pmed Lewd for 1v1, I was so sad afterwards... hoping for epic win...

+1.

Offline Sokien

• Faction: 0fk
-1 clerics are fine as they are. Also people will start abusing it by sogging each other and then removing the silence  effect.

infernchidhu

like fmp said , ppl will abuse using sog and using genie to take off silence which will give 15 sec of  immortality.. you should learn you re classe , use will surge at right timing and also for mass pk it will be even  worse, cleric will be unkillable by soging eachother and taking off silence ,-1
I thgt of the same argument, but then i realised SoGing on the will surge is easier and more effective genie energy wise, so technically it can be abused right now

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
they have plenty of seekers
Since when? :normal-10: :normal-10: :normal-10: :normal-10: :normal-10:

I can't remember when 'plenty' constitutes to having 3/4 seekers even in the faction, and then rarely having 1 for PK against you.
Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:15 pm by Harry

Offline Yangster

• ♥Yin is here♥
  • Do Not Disturb Unless いんよう, おんよう, おんみょう matter.
  • Characters: Batman, Iakeen, Meky
  • Faction: Family Leader
They can already just use Will Surge and SOG each other...

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
After I got Lawbreaker on my genie I instantly pmed Lewd for 1v1, I was so sad afterwards... hoping for epic win...

+1.
Learn your class and how to play, just like you tell everyone to do. Practice what you preach.  :normal-1:

Offline Joonie

• Jandelay
Leave SoG as is...

Offline dove

• Forum Veteran
Since when? :normal-10: :normal-10: :normal-10: :normal-10: :normal-10:

I can't remember when 'plenty' constitutes to having 3/4 seekers even in the faction, and then rarely having 1 for PK against you.
My bad, I can recall two seekers, which is plenty considering they are rarely seen in mass pk. 

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Logic in this thread:

"Mass PK is everything"

"Since sin's aren't good in mass pk, 2.86 GoF isn't OP"

"Being able to stunlock better than a WR isn't broken 1v1"

"SoG is spammable, I wouldn't be able to survive without it!"→ Asks for complete removal of an unrelated skill because they can't survive 20 seconds more without SoG ? ? ?

People are going to white knight their classes no matter what, EP's are naturally going to zerg this thread with NO!!@!!@!@!#!@#

I fought Soochi last night on his EP and managed to kill him, however there is no way in hell that I would be able to kill Espio since holy path is on his f1 key and he is always 30 meters away as hes stunlocking me like a warrior topk3k

How to solve problems as an arrogant player ITT: "LALE gitGudk1ddie x'D! Rer0ll class u butthurtTard #420EPSCOEPD !! SoG can Melt steel BARBZ"

no, stfu, you are cancer and deserve to be slapped. I read so many "Learn your classes" in this thread all coming from classes that are in tidal protection for 80 years and EP's that are full support. I can't help but shake my head.

Yes, believe it or not, when you don't have tidal you can't block status affects without doing anything :-\

I already made a thread about this a week or two ago, it's a pointless argument that'll never be implemented since its "Majority" over "Minority", best to just give up m8
Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 04:13 pm by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
I am saying since forever SoG should only work on yourself and on squadmates to save them and not to block an enemy from attacking.... PROBLEM SOLVED
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
i dont understand how giving a chance to enemy to move around is unfair
giving 10 extra cd to sog would actually make sht fair for classes that cant burn genie and get locked for years
lets be honest
u wont die in plume shield with ur downsyndrome phy ring and spamming heals/vanguard for 10 seconds the target will be able to actually hit u
o.O

@ roomi : as your purpose is to heal squad, wb's purpose is to cc, i dont see why u should be able to perma lock the cc wb but he cant lock u (?) i'd say giving every1 a fair chance to do sht is good, u are not supposed to run freely around just because u can press sleep+ sog every 20 seconds, come on. You burn 1/3 of WB's genie just to avoid sog and u get paralyzed and not sealed (and again u cant remove that) but with 1 fortify in time when occult comes u are out of it so u gonna be cc'ed 5 seconds, oh dear lord, save me, 5 seconds my team will die
nvm, i forgot, u are in artifex, the eps are at food chain there, u can keep your sog, u gonna need to heal 24/7 and ask 2others to do too
sin is supposed to 3spark in mass pk, i think i shouldnt have chi requirement for it (?)
i am geting hit a lot of dmg so focused mind is good but it has cd and i cant chain it 24/7 , less cd would be good ^>^!! ^.^ xD!
Giving the enemy chance to run around is fair, but giving them a chance to run around which eventually means the other person won't be able to run around when it was balanced before is unfair.  Like I said before, knockdown has a chance to be only immobilization, which gives EPs a chance to react, and sleep has a chance to only last for 34 seconds (not to mention the fact that AOEs and other EPs can purify it or they can use genie) which gives WBs a chance to react.

And while you say WBs burn genie to try and get past EP lock, believe me, if there was an actual way to avoid knockdown with genie besides just getting lucky and faithing before, EPs would be burning their genies too.

I never said getting hit or dying is the problem, that's never the problem since  a lot of the WBs that are running around and knocking down EPs are vit WBs who do no damage.  Even though I never use phys ring.  The problem is the stunlock spam.  Whenever a wb gets to me, they go through knockdown > occult > that aoe stun > knockdown again and so on.  I can use sog/sleep on them, but as Squishy mentioned before, sleep isn't always reliable especially in mass pk setting.  They usually get hit with AOEs or one of their EPs heal them.  Then I always have to keep an eye on that wb to do what I can to keep them away from me while keeping an eye on the squad at the same time and usually my support suffers for that.

As for WBs not locking me, they can do that for enough seconds that several people in my squad die, especially when we are outnumbered.  Speaking of outnumbered, the entire hypothetical scenario we've been looking at is only 1 WB against the EP, but it's not only just one.  Sometimes it's a WB and a WR or two WBs and I need sog to be able to avoid both of them.  Sometimes I can recruit another EP in squad to help me but if I have a WR and a WB chasing after me, usually they are shouldered with supporting the squad alone until I can get both of them off me.

And a squad can't always help the EP, especially if the target is a vit WB as I mentioned before.  And especially if we are outnumbered and they are getting CC'd like mad.  

And yes sometimes 5 seconds is all it takes when you are outnumbered  :) you can try and respond to this by saying Artifex is never outnumbered during mass pk, but the same situation goes for smaller RPK during timezones when most of the guild isn't awake.  Which usually means I am the only EP in the squad, which means I'm easily targeted.  Which reminds me I also use sog to get random people off my back when they hit from the air but aren't in any specific guild and fly away whenever the guild tries to target them.  These people are more free to burn their genie considering I can't hit them at all and they fly away whenever anyone comes near them.  

Also I have discovered that actually stunlocking a person with sog and sleep in pk seriously hinders your support.  If the person is actually stunlocked, it usually means they will be stuck in one place while your squad is constantly moving.  And SOG and sleep may seem like a long time, but the EP would have to constantly have that person selected and watch them to see if the sleep ended early or go back before SOG is over to use sleep.  Every time I've had to do that usually meant I would have to ignore squad for a few seconds to pull it off or leave squad to fly back to where that person is to keep locking them.  So any EP who does that is usually only doing a half-good job of supporting their squad.

Also using the term CC for sog/sleep spam is a rather bad term for it, because you can only "control" 1 person, not a crowd.

Logic in this thread:

"Mass PK is everything"

"Since sin's aren't good in mass pk, 2.86 GoF isn't OP"

"Being able to stunlock better than a WR isn't broken 1v1"

"SoG is spammable, I wouldn't be able to survive without it!"→ Asks for complete removal of an unrelated skill because they can't survive 20 seconds more without SoG ? ? ?

People are going to white knight their classes no matter what, EP's are naturally going to zerg this thread with NO!!@!!@!@!#!@#

I fought Soochi last night on his EP and managed to kill him, however there is no way in hell that I would be able to kill Espio since holy path is on his f1 key and he is always 30 meters away as hes stunlocking me like a warrior topk3k

How to solve problems as an arrogant player ITT: "LALE gitGudk1ddie x'D! Rer0ll class u butthurtTard #420EPSCOEPD !! SoG can Melt steel BARBZ"

no, stfu, you are cancer and deserve to be slapped. I read so many "Learn your classes" in this thread all coming from classes that are in tidal protection for 80 years and EP's that are full support. I can't help but shake my head.

Yes, believe it or not, when you don't have tidal you can't block status affects without doing anything :-\

Obviously solution here is to give barbarians tidal protection ;)

EPs can't stunlock better than a WR because a WR can still DD the person while they are stunned, EPs can't.

Also idk if the "I can't survive without SOG" is meant towards me too, but I never said survival is the problem.  I use it to stunlock a person to avoid stunlock on myself so I can support my squad.  And that space when sleep is faith'd/puri'd/removed cos someone hit them/doesn't last 34 seconds is all the WB or WR or whatever to get to me and start spamming their stuns.  And that space when their stun is faith'd/puri'd/misses/doesn't proc is all I need to try sog/sleep again and the cycle continues.

also yet again you only focus on the "remove the skill" part and not the "reduce the CD part"

yay essay

I am saying since forever SoG should only work on yourself and on squadmates to save them and not to block an enemy from attacking.... PROBLEM SOLVED

no for all the reasons above