Epic Perfect World

WB %mdr or elemental +10%

Offline Death

• Old Player
Is +phys def% likewise better than phys red, say, for an ep with 14k (or 11k? can't remember lol) base phys resistance? My brain hurts when I'm trying to do maths  :(

infernchidhu

Is +phys def% likewise better than phys red, say, for an ep with 14k (or 11k? can't remember lol) base phys resistance? My brain hurts when I'm trying to do maths  :(
Support : RPD > Phys def RR8 ( Dragon AA plate > rank 8 20% p def plate )
DD : phys def 20% RR8 > RPD 6% RR8

Offline Persas

• Do You Even Lift
  • Nobody Outworks Me
  • Characters: Aesthetic
  • Faction: Artifex
ye for EP the dragon top is just way to good. Even get extra 40 mag from set bonus.
Lol i fak you

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
wouldn't phys def 20% be even worse on magic EPs since they have lesser base pdef, so rpd would make a bigger impact?

infernchidhu

wouldn't phys def 20% be even worse on magic EPs since they have lesser base pdef, so rpd would make a bigger impact?
the way i look at it is simple, when u have too little p def, even a small magnitude causes a significant % change, when you have extremely high base values, the magnitude is so large that it causes a significant % change still, so it is still worth it, especially assuming as a DD EP, the rest of your stats aren't gonna be RPD, so if you're looking for a defense stat while taking the least slots yet maintaining significance 20% p def and such is the way to go

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
so i just checked my stats with and without my R8R pants with 10% elemental resistance.

in full DPH gear i have 77.79% reduce magic def
with the 10% increase i have 78.49% reduce magic def

even when i go full retard with mag ring and def cape i still have no more then 1% mag red when using the 10% buff

so my question, why do people even bother using this over the 2% magic reduction you can have in gear?
I haven't tested it but you need to note that..
+10% mdef gives in fact 3.3% mdef resistance in your case, because in total it's:
22.21% (100%- 77.79%) damage taken without reduction and 21.51% (100%- 78.49%) damage with reduction
now if you compare it, it will be:
21.51%/22.21% = 0.968 , so you will be receiving 3.3% damage less

3.3% real reduction > 2% real reduction  ;)

but then again, these are my common sense guesses, that would need proper testing