Epic Perfect World

WB %mdr or elemental +10%

Offline Persas

• Do You Even Lift
  • Nobody Outworks Me
  • Characters: Aesthetic
  • Faction: Artifex
so i just checked my stats with and without my R8R pants with 10% elemental resistance.

in full DPH gear i have 77.79% reduce magic def
with the 10% increase i have 78.49% reduce magic def

even when i go full retard with mag ring and def cape i still have no more then 1% mag red when using the 10% buff

so my question, why do people even bother using this over the 2% magic reduction you can have in gear?
Lol i fak you

Offline Zapherian

What i do believe is. Damage in pvp is reduced first by your phy/mag resistance and only then after reduction def lvl, reduced phy dmg, mag dmg comes. So even slight % in first reduction is higher than 2% in 2nd reduction.

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
I'm not 100% sure but I think the phy/element % depends on base phy/mag def of your character so if you have high mag/phy def it gives higher def and phy/mag reduction is better than phy/mag % (tested)

most people uses phy/mag % because the chance is low to get % so they think it's better than the reduction
Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 04:50 am by Swane

infernchidhu

Let me enlighten you kiddo ~

1) if you have 50% natural elemental damage reduction and get 2% rmd, the 2% reduce magic damage acts on the remaining 50%, so overall its more like 1%. Hence a 1% improvement ( you get from 10% elemental resistance ) on a 73% is much better than a 0.5% improvement ( you would get from rmd 2% ).

2) So now you will ask me, Soochi why do people get 2% reduce magic damge on their gear on other pieces then, isn't it better to get stats like M def +300 or Vitality +11 to boost the 10% elemental resistance stat on the pants ? The reason for this is, most HA classes die to wizards who use dex genie spark, this makes your natural resistance really low in turn making elemental resistance +10% almost useless, hence having 3 pieces of 6% rmd each, would effective block 18% of a very large value of damage, which is kind of good.

3) Somethings you don't know about Elemental resistance +10% is, it even includes the resistance you get from vitality, Epic PW being a +20 vit stone server and not a JoSD server only improves this already awesome stat, in reality this is like an un-purge-able buff which turns even the most paper barbs into a tank.

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA

1) if you have 50% natural elemental damage reduction and get 2% rmd, the 2% reduce magic damage acts on the remaining 50%, so overall its more like 1%. Hence a 1% improvement ( you get from 10% elemental resistance ) on a 73% is much better than a 0.5% improvement ( you would get from rmd 2% ).

2) So now you will ask me, Soochi why do people get 2% reduce magic damge on their gear on other pieces then, isn't it better to get stats like M def +300 or Vitality +11 to boost the 10% elemental resistance stat on the pants ? The reason for this is, most HA classes die to wizards who use dex genie spark, this makes your natural resistance really low in turn making elemental resistance +10% almost useless, hence having 3 pieces of 6% rmd each, would effective block 18% of a very large value of damage, which is kind of good.

3) Somethings you don't know about Elemental resistance +10% is, it even includes the resistance you get from vitality, Epic PW being a +20 vit stone server and not a JoSD server only improves this already awesome stat, in reality this is like an un-purge-able buff which turns even the most paper barbs into a tank.
Damn experienced player 

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
basically reduce magic damage taken/reduce physical damage taken > elemental resistance/physical resistance

and it can't be reduced by debuffs

infernchidhu

basically reduce magic damage taken/reduce physical damage taken > elemental resistance/physical resistance

and it can't be reduced by debuffs
PANTZ ::::

1) rank 8 pants with reduce magic damage taken x 3 ( effectively 673 HPm )

2) rank 8 pants with 2x magic defense +10% ( This will cost you a house, but its completely worth it )

[ previously done math 3x2%magreduce = 0.98%effective reduce = 3 stat slots occupied ]

[ 10%elementalresistanceboost = 1%effective reduce = 1 stat slot occupied ] (pwcalc.com only shows real number values of effective resistance

[ 20%elementalresistanceboost = 2%effective reduce = 2 stat slot occupied ] so i couldn't be 100% accurate in terms of decimals and such)

funny part is getting 2x10%elementalresistance is easier to get than 3x2%reducemagdamagetaken.

BM before resistance stat http://pwcalc.com/85a297484d8b66e1
BM after resistance stat http://pwcalc.com/48a5d23a76b179ac

Offline Brewskie

• IsOnTheLoose
Give up on getting 20% elemental  pants I wanna be only person with them 

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable

2) rank 8 pants with 2x magic defense +10% ( This will cost you a house, but its completely worth it )

[ previously done math 3x2%magreduce = 0.98%effective reduce = 3 stat slots occupied ]

[ 10%elementalresistanceboost = 1%effective reduce = 1 stat slot occupied ] (pwcalc.com only shows real number values of effective resistance

[ 20%elementalresistanceboost = 2%effective reduce = 2 stat slot occupied ] so i couldn't be 100% accurate in terms of decimals and such)

funny part is getting 2x10%elementalresistance is easier to get than 3x2%reducemagdamagetaken.

BM before resistance stat http://pwcalc.com/85a297484d8b66e1
BM after resistance stat http://pwcalc.com/48a5d23a76b179ac
yes and like you said, you get sparked or debuffed in any other way and it's 0% effective reduce :c but with rmd or rpd you don't

and also trying to hone to 20% is a giant pain in the butt

infernchidhu

Give up on getting 20% elemental  pants I wanna be only person with them
my alt barb has 20% 11 vit xD

Offline Persas

• Do You Even Lift
  • Nobody Outworks Me
never thought i was gonna say this out loud but

Thanks Soochi
Lol i fak you

Offline Subzeroo

• God of PK, DT, and DH
  • Adv and Prominent are the real champions. Show me any other core that’s better than us
  • Characters: Subzeroo/Ryujap
  • Faction: Adversary Leader
Oh well I have double rmd pants and ele resistance, and I also have double ele pants.

BM before resistance stat http://pwcalc.com/85a297484d8b66e1
BM after resistance stat http://pwcalc.com/48a5d23a76b179ac

So basically you are saying, keep using the double ele pants correct?
Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:03 am by Subzeroo

Nobody Better.

Rest In Peace Mia.

Adversary disbanded you 7 times in a row, and Prominent destroyed you 3-0 in a 20v20 and in TW twice. Get smoked

Offline Persas

• Do You Even Lift
  • Nobody Outworks Me
So basically you are saying, keep using the double ele pants correct?
prob just reforge them bro
Lol i fak you

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent

such pro c.c

Insanity

why bother thinking u will die anyway like >Caesar<