Epic Perfect World

NW Map

Offline RandomDude

• Forum Veteran
thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :tiger-30: :pig-8: :normal-48: :normal-34: :normal-15:

Offline BarbWired

• Demon Vit Barb
  • Characters: BarbWired
~Breaking Metas Daily~

Offline exe626

• brb
  • Faction: Xpendable
the current size of the nation wars map is not "designed" for any specific number of players, it's designed to combat "base-locking" that was prevalent in the early days of nation wars. it's still possible now, but mildly more difficult with 6 zones connected to each base instead of 3-4 and significantly more war zones(greatly increasing travel time+more obstacles) between each base.

most wars are empty, even in official perfect world where there's thousands are in attendance, because players crowd to the "hotspots", as participating in an actual war actually gives credits, where winning an empty war gives nothing.

Offline Saph

• Frenchie player
  • Since 2007
  • Characters: $aphira / SAPHlRO
  • Faction: 0FkGiven

Offline Jsmooth

the current size of the nation wars map is not "designed" for any specific number of players, it's designed to combat "base-locking" 
This!!
The smaller map sucked! Spend all that time being base locked and can't move and missing all the fights that you can't get into because it was full>.<

Offline DreDay

the smaller map really would suck if u really think about it , while most fights will be full ,think about how many wont be able to get into a map and send back to base, the problem with this sever ppl seem to think Dark and light is a waste , the same people get into frost if u put them in dark or light they instantly quit NW or just afking or just map jumping , map size isn't the problem, i would suggest a rotate of the map putting light to the top and frost moving to where dark is,.watch how light will become the number 1 nation , and this will prove my point, isnt the map size is the problem people just need to go NW and stick with the nation they got and have fun .

Offline RandomDude

• Forum Veteran
the smaller map really would suck if u really think about it , while most fights will be full ,think about how many wont be able to get into a map and send back to base, the problem with this sever ppl seem to think Dark and light is a waste , the same people get into frost if u put them in dark or light they instantly quit NW or just afking or just map jumping , map size isn't the problem, i would suggest a rotate of the map putting light to the top and frost moving to where dark is,.watch how light will become the number 1 nation , and this will prove my point, isnt the map size is the problem people just need to go NW and stick with the nation they got and have fun .
it wont change anything if u change spots of nations wont matter  cuz ppl will feel same way no matter which side ...

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
it wont change anything if u change spots of nations wont matter  cuz ppl will feel same way no matter which side ...
they would get confused at first for sure    :))

Offline RandomDude

• Forum Veteran
they would get confused at first for sure    :))
i say rename frost to CandyLand flame to FlowerLand light to Unicors  and dark to Devis  ;) no1 will leave
i say rename frost to CandyLand flame to FlowerLand light to Unicors  and dark to Devis  ;) no1 will leave
....Wut.

I don't want to feel like I'm in an episode of Adventure Time.
Kitten | Darling | Charming | Baby | Fragile | Princess | Crybaby | Vixen | Sassy

art hoarde

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Well on topic now, I think I will put this change on hold for now due to big drawbacks written above. We will return to the idea at the end of August / begining of September if the interest in NW will still be decreasing.

Offline RandomDude

• Forum Veteran
Well on topic now, I think I will put this change on hold for now due to big drawbacks written above. We will return to the idea at the end of August / begining of September if the interest in NW will still be decreasing.
on topic now ;).well u could while decrasing the maps of nw increse the nummber of ppl in 1 map
the current size of the nation wars map is not "designed" for any specific number of players, it's designed to combat "base-locking" that was prevalent in the early days of nation wars. it's still possible now, but mildly more difficult with 6 zones connected to each base instead of 3-4 and significantly more war zones(greatly increasing travel time+more obstacles) between each base.

most wars are empty, even in official perfect world where there's thousands are in attendance, because players crowd to the "hotspots", as participating in an actual war actually gives credits, where winning an empty war gives nothing.
 This. The smaller map was more fun for battles, and I haven't ever played on the small map here (if it ever was here), only back on official, and base-locking was a big problem.  :( I want to say the map was reduced again there as well, but not to such a small map? I'm not sure, I haven't been back, but I remember there being complains about the fixed map being too large, as well.
Kitten | Darling | Charming | Baby | Fragile | Princess | Crybaby | Vixen | Sassy

art hoarde

Offline exe626

• brb
  • Faction: Xpendable
it's hard to say what needs changed in order to breathe new life into nation wars, but i can think of a few things that bothered me ever since the changes made to it

1. the increased number of players per zone was a pretty dumb change that drastically reduced the number of wars happening at once(likely due to pwi's servers being incapable of supporting so many wars at once, the early months were pretty laggy). if it wasn't already done, it should be brought back down to 20v20(or less, i don't know the current community size)
2. reducing the overall number of zones is not necessarily a bad change as long as the 6 surrounding each base remains(assuming you know how to modify the map)
3. the removal of bridge battle wouldn't hurt anyone

if possible(i think it was? i don't remember), it should be possible to change how much of the reward tokens goes to each of the teams. if so, making the % more even across each nation could potentially encourage staying on even inactive nations in order to receive a larger reward for their efforts("volunteers are always winners")

Offline RandomDude

• Forum Veteran
it's hard to say what needs changed in order to breathe new life into nation wars, but i can think of a few things that bothered me ever since the changes made to it

1. the increased number of players per zone was a pretty dumb change that drastically reduced the number of wars happening at once(likely due to pwi's servers being incapable of supporting so many wars at once, the early months were pretty laggy). if it wasn't already done, it should be brought back down to 20v20(or less, i don't know the current community size)
2. reducing the overall number of zones is not necessarily a bad change as long as the 6 surrounding each base remains(assuming you know how to modify the map)
3. the removal of bridge battle wouldn't hurt anyone

if possible(i think it was? i don't remember), it should be possible to change how much of the reward tokens goes to each of the teams. if so, making the % more even across each nation could potentially encourage staying on even inactive nations in order to receive a larger reward for their efforts("volunteers are always winners")
but... but .. my favorite map is bridge battle