Epic Perfect World

Remove duels from 1v1 Playoffs

Offline Kia

Current Session:
Heads: 102 Tails: 0
 Total Flips: 102

LOL i dunno....seems like it goes on one side only... :-X
Lmao. Mine went with a 52/48 outcome at 100 uses.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
Website knows i'm GM and dont emss with me so give only Heads which is what i ask for :-\

Offline iota

• Forum Veteran
Tbh only broken thing about 1v1 playoff is demon ea... It's ridiculously easy to play and it's overpowered as hell. Shouldn't be allowed in playoffs tbh.  :police: I think soochi would agree with me here.   :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:

In all seriousness though, +1. Duels in playoffs are stupid some times since some classes have clear advantages over others in duels.
Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:21 am by ❄

Offline Royal

• S❤
  • retired drawer / Nea was here❤ / Mana was here too xoxo ❤
  • Faction: Codex mercenary

yeah sure .... back then i didnt even have attack weapon tbh , good luck with ur fail attempt at making fairty tales
highlights of ss

and   :( :( :(
Nea: this is proof of my power abuse mwahaha
proof of how noob u are

Offline Ħǎᵯɨɖ ᴙ€ᵶⱥ

• Esra
  • *Dandelion*
dmn man
ppl take ss from everything o.o
yes plz dont nerf eps let them keep spam sog ,and sleep and rest shiit skills
u saying sog will cost 1 spark , u can spam shhit while sog is on and get back chi
nvm
just dont nerf and let em use wat they want
just fix rings and cape
Why do you even care LOL Switch back to sage and none's going to bother you considering you time will surge and antistun so well.. 

Offline Pheng

• Forum Veteran
Get sin > 5 minute over > go duel > sin aps > me lose  :o

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv

Offline 1337

• The Maestro
  • Characters: MCCCXXXVII, Creampie
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Get sin > 5 minute over > go duel > sin aps > me lose  :o
Sins aren't even that op in duel lmao

Offline Persas

• Do You Even Lift
  • Nobody Outworks Me
  • Characters: Aesthetic
  • Faction: Artifex
-1 this is just because domgrath plays a WB. You fight a EP for 7 minutes and didnt hit him once?

WB isnt supose to be top dog in 1v1 playoffs so either reroll or accept that youll get beat by certain classes.

WB is weak vs Mage
WB is weak vs sin camping def till duel

these are the 2 classes that make up for 90% of the 1v1 population. This is for a reason. this is were sins excel at.

Some classes are good at certain things. you cant balance everything. Sin is supose to be good in 1v1 and worse in mass.
WB is overal a really well rounded class. Be glad you can play it everywhere.

Duel is mandatory for deciding a winner. And yes sometimes people camp def to get there. If you dont like it this way then just go do 1v1's outside playoffs.

Stop making a freaking point about everything you dont like. You say this server has more imbalances then PWI? please.
Lol i fak you

Offline Kev

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aladdin Skane Shrowd IIIIIIIIII
  • Faction: Team69
-1 this is just because domgrath plays a WB. You fight a EP for 7 minutes and didnt hit him once?

WB isnt supose to be top dog in 1v1 playoffs so either reroll or accept that youll get beat by certain classes.

WB is weak vs Mage
WB is weak vs sin camping def till duel

these are the 2 classes that make up for 90% of the 1v1 population. This is for a reason. this is were sins excel at.     

Some classes are good at certain things. you cant balance everything. Sin is supose to be good in 1v1 and worse in mass.
WB is overal a really well rounded class. Be glad you can play it everywhere.

Duel is mandatory for deciding a winner. And yes sometimes people camp def to get there. If you dont like it this way then just go do 1v1's outside playoffs.

Stop making a freaking point about everything you dont like. You say this server has more imbalances then PWI? please.

Please stop using the "if you don't like it 1v1 outside playoffs" There are still many people who enter playoffs for the title and rewards. Also it is not as simple to find willing people who are actually good at their class at a moments notice with rewards. Not to mention that outside there are no rules resulting into the gameplay that was taken out of the playoffs to make 1v1s more acceptable.  

Other than that that I feel that duel is nescessary in deciding the outcome of 1v1s that last a long period of time. Restricting certain skills to a finite number of uses would be the proper solution I believe.

And  epw will never have the amount of imbalances as international due to gear variation. Be happy you can play on a server that makes it possible to easily obtain gear to fight close to if not on par with everyone else.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
3. Limiting Stealths / SoG / Sleep
Stealths - Maybe limiting this skill for 6 Times (thats the amount i thought fair and stop beeing spammable.
SoG - This skill needs to be limited to be used 3 times during the main fight and 2 times during the Duel.
Sleep - This skill does not require a limit. This skill has a chi consumption and high cooldown. Also note that this skills does not have a 100% chance to sleep for the maximum seconds displayed onthe skill description. This skill could very well sleep you for only 14 seconds, not exactly the 34.
Pretty much this. Espio destroyed me without me managing to hit him once, and the only reason that I even got to duel is because my genie has the ability to use Heart of Steel, and by the time he does as second combo, cornered beast. Other classes don't have that defensive capability and would have died much, much faster than myself.

Limiting SoG overall would fix this problem with EP's.
As for your stance on ring restriction, I was talking about it in a general idea. Completely limiting them. Meaning only certain classes can use said rings, ect. Not only restricting them in 1v1 playoffs.

I make these threads because I'm trying to explain to the people who are running the game what is wrong with their current systems so that they can fix them, and make it fair for everyone. Everyone has a right to partake in events, and I think that it is very ridiculous that certain events will be monopolized by 1-2 classes who have skills that others don't. Another issue regarding a monopolization is the fact that people can go on two toons.

Yangster/Yinster will go to 1v1 playoffs in the morning (EU timezone) and then come on an alt for the later event (US timezone) and win twice.
I thought the same player wasn't allowed to partake in an event? Apparently that only counts towards specific in-game characters nowadays.

if you suck -> you lose. Change to a class that does same shiit and ur set
Nobody should have to play certain classes to win an event. I've always said "Let the better player win"- that however, isn't the case when it comes to the playoffs currently. It's "Let the better class advantage win".

It's a sad feeling when I get a wizard in my bracket and I know that unless I get extremely lucky I am going to lose that fight. Hence my position on defense camping. Most 'top-gun' sins are 2.86APS GoF and will hit a defense-camping wizard for 2.5K's. Now let's try and do that with a barbarian? We're talking maybe 1K damage.

Defense camping is a problem, and an easy solution would be to make it so that wizards/clerics/mystics/venos/ect. Cant use the ascended dragon cape and physical Pdef ring.

Most people camp defense because of DUELS. This is why the entire suggestion was made. To remove the aspects that allowed people to CAMP until said DUEL.
Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:13 pm by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Couldn't agreee more man. Rolling a different class as particular classes can dominate others isn't 'balanced' as this server is claimed to be. Hoping for a lucky zerk crit isn't what the 1v1 playoffs should be, and those sitting behind an EA with no experience of the playoffs should be quiet. +1.

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
Defense camping is a problem, and an easy solution would be to make it so that wizards/clerics/mystics/venos/ect. Cant use the ascended dragon cape

leave eps at least to be able to wear the cape..

Offline Ħǎᵯɨɖ ᴙ€ᵶⱥ

• Esra
  • *Dandelion*
Pretty much this. Espio destroyed me without me managing to hit him once, and the only reason that I even got to duel is because my genie has the ability to use Heart of Steel, and by the time he does as second combo, cornered beast. Other classes don't have that defensive capability and would have died much, much faster than myself.

Limiting SoG overall would fix this problem with EP's.
As for your stance on ring restriction, I was talking about it in a general idea. Completely limiting them. Meaning only certain classes can use said rings, ect. Not only restricting them in 1v1 playoffs.

I make these threads because I'm trying to explain to the people who are running the game what is wrong with their current systems so that they can fix them, and make it fair for everyone. Everyone has a right to partake in events, and I think that it is very ridiculous that certain events will be monopolized by 1-2 classes who have skills that others don't. Another issue regarding a monopolization is the fact that people can go on two toons.

Yangster/Yinster will go to 1v1 playoffs in the morning (EU timezone) and then come on an alt for the later event (US timezone) and win twice.
I thought the same player wasn't allowed to partake in an event? Apparently that only counts towards specific in-game characters nowadays.
Nobody should have to play certain classes to win an event. I've always said "Let the better player win"- that however, isn't the case when it comes to the playoffs currently. It's "Let the better class advantage win".

It's a sad feeling when I get a wizard in my bracket and I know that unless I get extremely lucky I am going to lose that fight. Hence my position on defense camping. Most 'top-gun' sins are 2.86APS GoF and will hit a defense-camping wizard for 2.5K's. Now let's try and do that with a barbarian? We're talking maybe 1K damage.

Defense camping is a problem, and an easy solution would be to make it so that wizards/clerics/mystics/venos/ect. Cant use the ascended dragon cape and physical Pdef ring.

Most people camp defense because of DUELS. This is why the entire suggestion was made. To remove the aspects that allowed people to CAMP until said DUEL.
so true dude so true
Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:48 pm by Esra