Epic Perfect World

Remove duels from 1v1 Playoffs

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements

Also yeah, for serious though.
Any thoughts or opinions on just the final round losing duel or just the first place match having an extended timer atleast? Still waiting on thoughts on that.
Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:08 am by Tonika

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸

Also yeah, for serious though.
Any thoughts or opinions on just the final round losing duel or just the first place match having an extended timer atleast? Still waiting on thoughts on that.
In all seriousness, I don't mind extending fights to 8 mins. I got no problems with that as long as other GMs agree to it.

As for duels, they're a must to determine a winner. Do some things need adjusted? Yes, of course. All GMs need to discuss on what needs to be adjusted and how though. We all need to come to an agreement on it. It's not something that's going to happen over night though. There's a lot of skills to be thought about/details to be gone over/etc.
Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:11 am by Tonika
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
In all seriousness, I don't mind extending fights to 8 mins. I got no problems with that as long as other GMs agree to it.

As for duels, they're a must to determine a winner. Do some things need adjusted? Yes, of course. All GMs need to discuss on what needs to be adjusted and how though. We all need to come to an agreement on it. It's not something that's going to happen over night though. There's a lot of skills to be thought about/details to be gone over/etc.
Eh i guess you could extend all fights if you wanted, but why extend the pleb rounds 3 minutes a piece when you could extend the final round(one that matters) to like 15 instead. Would waste less of your time.

I cant imagine it would be hard for a cleric to sleep lock for 3 more minutes.

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
Eh i guess you could extend all fights if you wanted, but why extend the pleb rounds 3 minutes a piece when you could extend the final round(one that matters) to like 15 instead. Would waste less of your time.
Some people have complained about having a duel during that rounds when they had almost killed someone and a fight ended, etc etc. I don't know, was a suggestion though. 
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline Miki

• ☽ Meekee ☾
  • still a box of music
  • Characters: Miki | Mela
this might be one of those threads that a suggestion would be hard to be agreed on
but i hope it gets resolved because i've heard people complain about this same issue

Offline Pelnar

• The WR Under the Bridge
  • Feed me, Seymour
  • Characters: Pelnar, Hackee
  • Faction: Formerly ArchEnemy
My personal vote is to lock this thread, as it will only generate more anger/hatred. Extending the playoffs seems like a good idea. I know my presence and opinion are just baiting someone to attack me because I don't participate, so I'll keep this quick.

+1 to trusting the knowledge and balance sense of the GMs. They are obviously looking at this, and listening to the suggestions that have been made. 
-1 to the flame. Sensitive topic, I know. 1v1 playoffs always will be. But now the hate seems to be getting rather personal
+1 to at least cleaning out the thread, as I can't read very far back past all of the... mess.
And I personally think that extending matches and /maybe/ limiting the stalling allowed (such as was already done with stealth limit) is a good idea. But I don't even watch the playoffs, so I wouldn't know. I just think that sounds reasonable.
The WF that got Soul Trapper Banned

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
My personal vote is to lock this thread, as it will only generate more anger/hatred. Extending the playoffs seems like a good idea. I know my presence and opinion are just baiting someone to attack me because I don't participate, so I'll keep this quick.

+1 to trusting the knowledge and balance sense of the GMs. They are obviously looking at this, and listening to the suggestions that have been made.
-1 to the flame. Sensitive topic, I know. 1v1 playoffs always will be. But now the hate seems to be getting rather personal
+1 to at least cleaning out the thread, as I can't read very far back past all of the... mess.
And I personally think that extending matches and /maybe/ limiting the stalling allowed (such as was already done with stealth limit) is a good idea. But I don't even watch the playoffs, so I wouldn't know. I just think that sounds reasonable.
This is exactly how nothing gets done.
No.

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
No.
No, this is how we take a break from a thread for a bit to BREATHE and remember that the other people talking are real individuals and not just pixels.

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
No.
If you want a more directed response, if anything could get done in this thread, it would have been done in the ten pages of replies before this one. Instead, I see no progress and absolute toxicity. The GMs have the suggestions, and if they decide to implement it, they will. That is up to them. If anyone else wants to add an idea that hasn't been mentioned already, they would be able to do so after this mess of a thread is cleaned up, and they would be less likely to repeat something that was already said that they didn't want to read through all of the hate to find.

I'd like to read this thread and maybe contribute an actual opinion to it, but I'm not going through and recapping all that was already said when it's just painful to do so. I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:14 am by Tonika

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
Have you ever been in playoffs ? its pretty obvious that you haven't just from that statement, please gain some amount of experience before spouting w/e. ty
Except that I have been to playoffs. My experience in them, and the server in general is admittedly still small. But I go to every playoffs I can go to when I'm online, they're fun.

Fights that are stalled purposefully until duel at 5 minutes will still easily be stalled that extra 2/3 minutes if thats what the staller is trying to do. A sin doing a few more taclking+bows to a barb, an ep doing a few more sleeps, a wizard staying in def gear a little longer.  It won't change much.

Personally I've never ended up in a duel in playoffs, but I've seen like 3 fights in a row go there... And I don't think boosting the timer a little bit will solve that. 

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
Forming an opinion on something you both have no knowledge of or experience in, while openly admitting you didnt read most of the thread.
And claiming it all as toxic...the tumblr is strong in this one.
I said that I didn't participate in the playoffs, not that I had no knowledge.  I'm attempting to offer a solution based on reasonable arguments made in what little of the thread that I could read. Most people will blindly comment  without reading a thread and act like they know everything. I know my opinion is of little value. I said that. I don't care if it gets discounted. But I would like to learn more about this, and develop an informed opinion, something that not many people bother to try to form.
And before anyone asks, the reason that I don't participate is because my one method of dealing enough damage to kill someone is on a two minute cooldown, and my main strategy is to whittle people down and then nuke. This doesn't work in a Playoffs environment because of the time limit, which I agree is there for good reason. It is not that I don't participate in the playoffs because of a lack of knowledge on how things work or why they do, it is because I do know how things work, at least to some degree, and my favored strategy of playing defensively isn't designed for the Playoffs, it is designed for RPK, Mass, and TW. 
I offered input based on my knowledge of how things work, and admitted that my reasoning may have flaws due to an inability to read too many comments such as your own in one sitting. This means that my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt, not that it should be completely ignored.

Offline Yinster

• ♡Yang is here♡
  • Do Not Disturb Unless いんよう, おんよう, おんみょう matter.
  • Characters: Yinster, Catwoman, Arayk
  • Faction: Family Director
You truly never surprise me of your arrogance and utter stupidity.
1) You're 100% gear. I've beaten you on Domgrath vs Yinster without challenge multiple times, the fact that you even bring up your venomancer like it relevant is laugh-worthy, considering I've not fought it. You quit it for a spark-wizard extremely fast, didn't you?  :rolleyes:

2) "Barb vs barb advantage" What? The only advantage that can ever happen between two barbs playing APS is that one has a 100% occult proc genie and the other has a 90%. Any APS barb will tell you that if your skills are on CD and your knockdown misses vs another APS barb, you're dead unless the other barb sucks- Again.. A topic you wouldn't know about.
If I were arrogant I would just go and quote GMs playoffs score sir and prove your point of me 'losing; vs you on barb, Domgrath. I think you lost something on the way and didn't realize I am not the one playing wizard, but my husband. 
If I were utterly stupid I would just go and insult on my own suggestion post (which is definately not made for my own sake like you always suggest to improve barbs, which is not the case I believe) 
If I am or I am not 100% gear been proven easily. 
Barb vs Barb is not all about luck, otherwise you wouldn't lose 10-0 would you? There would be ATLEAST 1 fight you won..
On the other hand I suggest you be careful regarding what you say towards GMs because they not common players that you used to insult.
Always in playoffs when you come you just go and comment and start insult to whatever it is, even when GMs got the kindness to port you to event to watch.

Offline BriEsT

• Don
Can we just not host the playoffs anymore damn,
 This is about the only thing that made any sense in this thread . 1v1s are not important in PW anyway , unless you need some ego and got nowhere to join like some lol .

Offline Yangster

• ♥Yin is here♥
  • Do Not Disturb Unless いんよう, おんよう, おんみょう matter.
  • Characters: Batman, Iakeen, Meky
  • Faction: Family Leader
This is about the only thing that made any sense in this thread . 1v1s are not important in PW anyway , unless you need some ego and got nowhere to join like some lol .
Actually some people just enjoy to do 1v1s no matter what, its not just about ego or got nowhere to join, its the fun in it. 

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Barb vs Barb is not all about luck, otherwise you wouldn't lose 10-0 would you? There would be ATLEAST 1 fight you won..
I've lost 10-0 to a barb before? This is new knowledge. Considering I've only fought Iakeen on one or two occasions ever.. which resulted in 5-4.  

(Yeah, have it recorded too somewhere + included in one of my videos)

Knockdown is a 60% chance, giving a 40% chance for a 3 second (useless) seal.

If genie is on cooldown, cornered beast is off, and the only thing that could possibly save you is a skill that has a 40% chance of failing, I'd say that's pretty much "luck based" .. Again, a concept you wouldn't be familiar with considering you don't play barb. Again, just a waste of time trying to reason with someone such as yourself that lacks simple knowledge of the classes they're trying to insult.

inb4 whiteknight yangster zerg topk3k lelo #notime4n3rdz
/Discussion