Epic Perfect World

Remove duels from 1v1 Playoffs

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Yes this is a wall of text. Read only if you partake in playoffs, it's worth the read.
After the past few day's, an idea that has previously been brought up came to my attention. The dueling aspect in 1v1 playoffs.

Now, as it currently stands. Fights are allowed to go on for 5 minutes before they're defaulted to a duel. Although plenty of players will actually fight and try their best to proceed through the stages, a plethora of very, very handsomely geared players choose a different path. They camp their full defense-set until the duel is started, and then with the advantage of no charms or heals.. Kill their opponent, practically cheating the system.

There is plenty of flaws regarding how this is done, magic classes have limitations on certain skills/heals that they have in order to "balance" the outcome of the event.

As it currently stands, the rules are ultimately determined by the GM hosting the event. No offense at all to the GM staff, but many of them don't understand how the classes work to their entirety and therefore a few classes have advantages over the others.

Before you scream: "You could of won! Lol! You're bad!" or "LOL LEARN TO PLAY KIDD XD!!!"

Let me list an example that just happened tonight.

Domgrath (Barb)  vs Espio (Cleric)

I being a barb, cannot close distance very well in terms to getting to a ranged opponent. Cleric being a magic class, they have range, and with ultraviolet they have the means to deal some of the most massive-damage when it comes to metal- not to mention a build in charm-heiro due to their primal skills.

I have to submit to the fact that I will be SoG combo'd w/ Sleep the entire fight, so I'm camping full defense (including magic ring) and I'm still struggling to survive. This goes on for a good 5 minutes because of a constant-unbreakable lock with small moments where my sutra got me closer to the opponent. You all know what happens next...

Now it's duel time. I had not actually landed a hit on him once because I can't reach him physically. Back to limitations.

Seal of the God currently has a 10 - use limitation in the 1v1 playoffs.

I was killed after 3 uses.

Now, I'm a barbarian. The most "tanky" class in the game and died after 3 uses of this skill. Meaning that every other class in the game would die most likely faster after 1-2 SoG combo's.

If a barbarian dies after 3 uses, why in the world does EP have 10? How is that even rational for a duel? I would understand the rule for 10 heals, but 10 SoG's? That's almost unwinnable unless the class they're fighting is a sin due to tidal protection.

The GM tells me to "Stop coming to the events" if all I'm going to do is complain about them, but that is just ridiculous. Some classes as it stands already have clear advantages over another, Wizard-Barb. Cleric-Barb, Mystic-Psychic, ect.

In conclusion, I think that a good option would be to completely remove the dueling aspect in the 1v1 playoffs. This in return would eliminate the constant-defense camp, because people will be forced to try their hardest and not rely on a duel to win their fight. Granted, this suggestion being implemented would LENGTHEN the event's overall, however, I think that quality>quantity is how this event is meant to be won.. Not by waiting out the clock.

Something else to note: I know that player 'Skill' has a lot to do with certain outcomes. Espio and I fought in the championship for 1st place, he is a good player and had won 2 fights before this as had I. So there is no hating on him, it's just a known fact that duels promote defense camping, and class-advantages even more than they would beforehand.

Offline ᵔᴥᵔ

• ★~(◡﹏◕✿)
  • We're All Equal In The Eyes Of The Reaper.
  • Characters: Aesa
+1    (though you are easy123barb<3)

Thank you for the Siggy Leonora <3

Offline Shaymin

• Characters: Shaymin
I don't really participate in the playoffs but I know what you're trying to prove.
+1

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
some 1v1s can last for years
how will u not end up with 5 rounds each lasting between 15 and 30 minutes
you have a point and the duels do get annoying as fck but there's no other option to make the event viable for gms to host
imagine that gms and the 8 players?(atleast) will have to stay in that arena for 2-3h just because some 2 people can tank really well and have good oportunities to kill
if u want this to get over i am still up for the ring restriction and limiting sog
regardless of that
+1 for the main idea but it has many flaws on the other side of 'options to end a fight'

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
some 1v1s can last for years
how will u not end up with 5 rounds each lasting between 15 and 30 minutes
you have a point and the duels do get annoying as fck but there's no other option to make the event viable for gms to host
imagine that gms and the 8 players?(atleast) will have to stay in that arena for 2-3h just because some 2 people can tank really well and have good oportunities to kill
if u want this to get over i am still up for the ring restriction and limiting sog
regardless of that
+1 for the main idea but it has many flaws on the other side of 'options to end a fight'
There is plenty that can be done to make the fight's not have to go to duel. SoG's should probably be 5 max in duel on that note.
  • Restrict Rings
  • Reduce amount of time that sins's tackling slash lasts
  • Limit amount of times that certain skills can be used in the actual match? (Could work, may not, idk)

I am sick of class advantages in this game, and sick of defense camping. I have played Perfect World for a very, very long time and I have never experienced the things that happen on this server anywhere else. There are ways for this all to be prevented, however because the excuses such as "I've cash shopped so much for this, this suggestion can't happen" are all too common.

This is why there won't be good genies for players who don't have extreme amounts of money, this is why sins' can camp defense with 80 defense levels and one click later be 2.86 GoF and win every match in the 1v1 tournament, this is why people are all rerolling and donating to be super-casting wizards with spark combo's..

There is so much that could be done to balance this server, but I feel like the server is used to class skill-advantages and is used to gear-advantages and won't accept anything that may hinder their ability to play.

The main point is to make it so that duels are removed, or matches are made fair so that duels aren't necessary for victory.

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish

Beatrice♥

+1, I agree with that. Camping def until duel pff  :rolleyes:

Offline • 𝕊𝕊𝔾 •

• Old Player
  • Characters: Espio, Saladin, Xqwi, SSG
  • Faction: Supreme☆
Yes this is a wall of text. Read only if you partake in playoffs, it's worth the read.

I have to submit to the fact that I will be SoG combo'd w/ Sleep the entire fight, so I'm camping full defense (including magic ring) and I'm still struggling to survive. This goes on for a good 5 minutes because of a constant-unbreakable lock with small moments where my sutra got me closer to the opponent. You all know what happens next...

In conclusion, I think that a good option would be to completely remove the dueling aspect in the 1v1 playoffs. This in return would eliminate the constant-defense camp, because people will be forced to try their hardest and not rely on a duel to win their fight. Granted, this suggestion being implemented would LENGTHEN the event's overall, however, I think that quality>quantity is how this event is meant to be won.. Not by waiting out the clock.

no hating on you or anything, but doesn't that contradict your playstyle? you are a good wb nonetheless but what would had happend had you not used a magic ring and defence weapon during this fight? 
Considering I didn't use any defence at all during the fight and duel , doesn't that play in my favor?

Offline Nea

• Game Master
There is plenty that can be done to make the fight's not have to go to duel. SoG's should probably be 5 max in duel on that note.
  • Restrict Rings
  • Reduce amount of time that sins's tackling slash lasts
  • Limit amount of times that certain skills can be used in the actual match? (Could work, may not, idk)

I am sick of class advantages in this game, and sick of defense camping. I have played Perfect World for a very, very long time and I have never experienced the things that happen on this server anywhere else. There are ways for this all to be prevented, however because the excuses such as "I've cash shopped so much for this, this suggestion can't happen" are all too common.

This is why there won't be good genies for players who don't have extreme amounts of money, this is why sins' can camp defense with 80 defense levels and one click later be 2.86 GoF and win every match in the 1v1 tournament, this is why people are all rerolling and donating to be super-casting wizards with spark combo's..

There is so much that could be done to balance this server, but I feel like the server is used to class skill-advantages and is used to gear-advantages and won't accept anything that may hinder their ability to play.

The main point is to make it so that duels are removed, or matches are made fair so that duels aren't necessary for victory.
nerfing sin tackling slash would affect mass pk and rpk due to other purposes of that skill and the stunlock itself
much rather restrict it from using more than 7 times/ match
about sog 3/ fight
sin has been op in terms of dmg back when every1 had 1 set walking around in full dd mode
now that every1 can make a def set in which to get hit 2k from sin ( tested several times on yangster's mage while he used purify weapon i was hiting 3sparked 2.4k and his purify weapon was processing madly)
restrict the rings since it has been a problem for too long so far
reduce amount of tackling slash casts a sin can have during 1 playoffs match down to 7 of them (this will still allow sin to stunlock from 0 range and have oportunities to kill since its a MUST for sin to even tick target w.o stunning and target not even faithing/ ad'ing or expeling)

about sog ? 3/match, 2 / duel
and sleep i guess endless because it can be actually prevented (sog too but cant be removed ) or removed : D
about gof aps of sin
go fight any arcane with def set w.o gof, i hit with best gears i can get 3sparked 2.4k in a mg while the mage hits me back 22k in full def set with genie spark no critic xd
so yea, all arcanes have a chance vs sin due to def camp and them hiting hard as fck even in def set

Offline Cleaver

• Forum Veteran
no hating on you or anything, but doesn't that contradict your playstyle? you are a good wb nonetheless but what would had happend had you not used a magic ring and defence weapon during this fight?
Considering I didn't use any defence at all during the fight and duel , doesn't that play in my favor?
 u got me meng :D 

Offline Nea

• Game Master
your class soging way less would prevent him from being stuck at 20km away geting hit 11-17k by metals
he has a point and the ring restriction sounds best option so far

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
As I stated above, there are clear class-advantages in this game. There truly isn't a way that barb can win against a ranged class that has a constant-barely avoidable lock. You were maximum range away from me the entire fight, and again, I did not land one hit on you the entire 7 minutes that our fights lasted.

If I did not have a defense weapon, nor magic ring on, I would have died the first time you used your combo on me due to the lowest magic defense in-game. 

( Pro Tip: APS barb actually has MORE magic defense by default than a full R8 barbarian, due to light-armors.. Excluding the fact you can get magic reduction & +% on rank 8  )

Are you telling me that you wouldn't need to camp a purify spell weapon versus a sin that doesn't get instantly locked by you?
Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 03:48 am by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline • 𝕊𝕊𝔾 •

• Old Player
  • Characters: Espio, Saladin, Xqwi, SSG
  • Faction: Supreme☆
As I stated above, there are clear class-advantages in this game. There truly isn't a way that barb can win against a ranged class that has a constant-barely avoidable lock. You were maximum range away from me the entire fight, and again, I did not land one hit on you the entire 7 minutes that our fights lasted.

If I did not have a defense weapon, nor magic ring on, I would have died the first time you used your combo on me due to the lowest magic defense in-game. ( Pro Tip: APS barb actually has MORE magic defense by default than a full R8 barbarian, due to light-armors.. Excluding the fact you can get magic reduction & +% on rank 8  )

Are you telling me that you wouldn't need to camp a purify spell weapon versus a sin that doesn't get instantly locked by you?
You didn't understand my point, I'm just telling you, you are saying that we shouldn't camp defence,  yet you were camping defence (because you had no other choise) i'm just stating that it contradicts the purpose of this thread since you want no defence camp? if I understood your suggestion.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
You didn't understand my point, I'm just telling you, you are saying that we shouldn't camp defence,  yet you were camping defence (because you had no other choise) i'm just stating that it contradicts the purpose of this thread since you want no defence camp? if I understood your suggestion.
The point of this thread is to remove duels primarily, or at least restrict certain skills even moreso than they are already.
Defense camping wouldn't be as much of a problem if the playoffs weren't structured as they were now, so yes, people would naturally full camp defense less in the fights if they weren't looking forward to a duel for an easy victory.

I made the thread about restricting rings, and I still support that idea entirely. I had to camp full defense against you because of the unlimited amount of SoG's in main match, if the circumstances were different I'm sure I may have had more of a chance.

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
  • Faction: Ducks
Maybe you should reroll to ep and abuse it too if you think it is that easy