Epic Perfect World

Donation Genies

Offline Ravish

• Faction: Ducks
So the price should be 200-300 points? The same as ~100+k ecs

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex

I dont support cheap donation genies, 8.5k is too cheap imo. Im thinking dona 100 point or more for 135 genies to still keep the values atleast relatively high.
I dislike the fact that no matter how much you donate you cant reach end game, not talking x3 int or channel with 150 genie end game...just normal run of the mill like the farmers end game. I feel like this would be a glod step in the right direction tbh.
100 point or more...? That's utterly ridiculous. I've fully geared 12 characters on this game with only donating around $560 USD. $100 USD just for a 135 genie? That's a bit much.

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
I dont support cheap donation genies, 8.5k is too cheap imo. Im thinking dona 100 point or more for 135 genies to still keep the values atleast relatively high.
I dislike the fact that no matter how much you donate you cant reach end game, not talking x3 int or channel with 150 genie end game...just normal run of the mill like the farmers end game. I feel like this would be a glod step in the right direction tbh.

@Both of you, why do you have this boner with making people pay hundreds for a genie?
Knock it down to like 50 dona points. Ffs.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
@Both of you, why do you have this boner with making people pay hundreds for a genie?
Knock it down to like 50 dona points. Ffs.
I believe the price was $40-$50 for the others.
Problem is that here in Epic there is an insanely greedy community.

Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 07:07 am by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
And what of those players who got lucky and made their own 135 genie? They just get a free 200k ec? Seems legit. Ec's not finite so give thousands to everyone i guess. Based on non concrete market prices that fluctuate.  
Holding back server progress because someone might have worked for something already is stupid. By that logic we should all get reimbursed for all the rerolls and ecs we spend getting to lvl 150 and r8.
135 would be 100k ec, also it'd hardly be "everyone" getting this compensation.. There's very few genies of this caliber, hence their steep prices. Holding back server progress? How so, I suggested a solution that would please everyone if these donation genies were to make their way into the game. Why would anyone get reimbursed for rerolling r8 and getting to lvl 150? That is still the max level and r8r is still the best armor available..? Feels like you're just looking for an argument, come up with some valid points before replying please.
You realize that official charged like 2k for r9 when it first came out right?
Then all these discounts and shit came along and made it worth like only 500.
Nobody got compensated for that though.
Why should they get compensated on this server because times change?
Just because you spent a stupid amount of EC on a genie doesn't mean that the rest of us should.
>>There are no efficient ways to farm spirit (if there were, I would have no problem farming my genie)
>>There are no 130+ LP genies on the market because everyone keeps them when they (finally) end up making one.
I don't think EPW should strive to be like official in terms of screwing over their playerbase.

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements

100 point or more...? That's utterly ridiculous. I've fully geared 12 characters on this game with only donating around $560 USD. $100 USD just for a 135 genie? That's a bit much.
How can someone whos donated so much not know that 100 points is 70$ usd, and thats if you have no donation bonus. How tf did you gear that many chars with so little money...farming on top? God luck? Bad stats? Im a new player with 200$ usd and counting on mage and not even close. I want to donate more but the chances of spending hundreds of dollars to hope to get double chan and then not getting it seems to meh. Reminds me of packs on pwinternational.
Keep in mind if you wanted to donate for one of those genies now it would be like 400 dona points. Now THATS ridiculous, worse than officials prices for genies probably lol. That would lower their worth to 50k ec, seems reasonable to me, maybe even too cheap. 150 points maybe.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
How can someone whos donated so much not know that 100 points is 70$ usd, and thats if you have no donation bonus. How tf did you gear that many chars with so little money...farming on top? God luck? Bad stats? Im a new player with 200$ usd and counting on mage and not even close. I want to donate more but the chances of spending hundreds of dollars to hope to get double chan and then not getting it seems to meh. Reminds me of packs on pwinternational.
Keep in mind if you wanted to donate for one of those genies now it would be like 400 dona points. Now THATS ridiculous, worse than officials prices for genies probably lol. That would lower their worth to 50k ec, seems reasonable to me, maybe even too cheap. 150 points maybe.
I don't understand you. Why are you wanting such steep prices for genies? When at the same time you're over here complaining how hard it is to gear a toon. Do you honestly think that a genie with 3 more LP than another is even remotely on par with a wizard with full channeling gear? No, not at all.

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
I don't think EPW should strive to be like official in terms of screwing over their playerbase.
As I mentioned, times change. They "screwed over" the people who impatiently spent thousands of dollars on r9 gear when it first came out, when those people fully knew that PWI would most likely implement some kind of discount system. (You don't play PWI that long and not know how the people who own the game think). There weren't that many who spent thousands on r9 gear when it first came out, so they knocked down the price with discounts and shit.

I would never in my right mind spend a hundred dollars or more on a 135+ LP genie, but do I want one? Yeah, it'd be nice to have the slight advantage it gives and 20K (50 dona points), seems like a reasonable price. I'm not some 14 year old with my mommy's credit card who can spend loose cash on a game whenever I really really want something.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
your 135+ genie will still worth a good amount of $
and since u spent for it in the half no1 really cares tbh lol
i've spent 150 ec/ dragon piece back when i started
will i get my difference of ec back now considering 1 dragon piece is 80 ec? i dont think so
time and economy changes
u wont lose any stat if this is added, u will just wont look that 'rich' anymore
lmao.
the idea itself is good since it gives a chance to every1 to compete str/dex genie wise with the cash shoppers  that can buy any genie they want from ppl xd

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
135 would be 100k ec, also it'd hardly be "everyone" getting this compensation.. There's very few genies of this caliber, hence their steep prices. Holding back server progress? How so, I suggested a solution that would please everyone if these donation genies were to make their way into the game. Why would anyone get reimbursed for rerolling r8 and getting to lvl 150? That is still the max level and r8r is still the best armor available..? Feels like you're just looking for an argument, come up with some valid points before replying please. I don't think EPW should strive to be like official in terms of screwing over their playerbase.
Oh yes...it would certainly please "everyone" (aka you) if few players suddenly got payed out shit tons of ec's for having an item before it was made easier to get happened. You totally ignored my point where if someone made his own then asked for your proposed "refund" he would essentially be cleaning house out of hundreds of thousands of ec.
Valid points? Ive yet to see you come up with any point besides "but muh money" elitism...name suits you

And @ dom the reasons simple, i dont view 70$+ for the best genie as ingame a steep price. Its a good way to not devalue the genie so hard that no one bothers making them anymore.

I could say the same about r8 gear, is it worth it to spend money for 2/3 channel per piece instead of a few lucky points? Sounds the same to me tbh.

As for alyx, i work. And i dont mind paying to keep up. But i also dont want farmers and legit players to be screwed because of it. I dont want genies of great value to suddenly become everyday joe trash, because then no one will bother making legit genies ever again. The price needs to be kept decently high, its best in the game end game stuff after all.
Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 07:26 am by Mizore

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
As I mentioned, times change. They "screwed over" the people who impatiently spent thousands of dollars on r9 gear when it first came out, when those people fully knew that PWI would most likely implement some kind of discount system. (You don't play PWI that long and not know how the people who own the game think). There weren't that many who spent thousands on r9 gear when it first came out, so they knocked down the price with discounts and shit.

I would never in my right mind spend a hundred dollars or more on a 135+ LP genie, but do I want one? Yeah, it'd be nice to have the slight advantage it gives and 20K (50 dona points), seems like a reasonable price. I'm not some 14 year old with my mommy's credit card who can spend loose cash on a game whenever I really really want something.
Okay cool I don't remember asking about PWI's history, nor your economy. Are you saying that it's totally fine to punish your playerbase for acquiring something earlier than others? And that they also should've known from the start to not do anything until sales/discounts come? Seems like a douche move to me. Why do you oppose refunding people who's spent great amounts of ec on genies when it hurts absolutely nobody and keeps these players from being unhappy with the new, cheaper, equally as good genies? Because PWI does so? Hm, I don't see the logic behind that.

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
Okay cool I don't remember asking about PWI's history, nor your economy. Are you saying that it's totally fine to punish your playerbase for acquiring something earlier than others? And that they also should've known from the start to not do anything until sales/discounts come? Seems like a douche move to me. Why do you oppose refunding people who's spent great amounts of ec on genies when it hurts absolutely nobody and keeps these players from being unhappy with the new, cheaper, equally as good genies? Because PWI does so? Hm, I don't see the logic behind that.
Because it hurts the economy, if say 10 players got refund on 138+ genie thats 1 MILLION EC'S pushed into the econmy or more (likely more from what ive seen)...just to make sure some maddies dont get butthurt that a few more peoe have equal genies now. its not like youre losing your good genies, theyre still there and worth something.
Once again you dodged the point of "refunding" players who made their own genies.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
well take it this way
some people spent great amount of ecs back when damas were at npc only
now they are for 25 ec each in worldchat
should i get a refund that i used npc? or u used npc?
considering we both used atleast 10k damas on our gears that would lead to around 50k ec that should be refunded, i dont have any mail yet sadly
i buy an iphone for 300$, after 1year is 140$, do u ask for refund coz it got like that?
U PAID THAT PERSON FOR THE GENIE.
i can go now and throw 500k ec for a 4 atk lvl ring
then i see ppl selling for 100k
where is my refund
just because u pay too much doesnt mean u need to get a refund
i know in the past (1year and a half ago) people were selling 137/150 genies for 30k ec( Leizo bought one since he was waving it in worldchat for hours ) and many others did the same

Offline YouGotMe

• HI <3
  • Believe me
  • Characters: CanadianBoy/HeyYouGotMe
  • Faction: Alamat
idk what to say.... who ever wins i stand with them :D 
THEY HATE US, CUZ THEY AINT US

Offline Nea

• Game Master
idk what to say.... who ever wins i stand with them :D
thats the spirit! :police: