Epic Perfect World

Should I go demon or stay sage? (ep)

Offline Death

• Old Player
Hello :police:

I've went through heaps of threads and whatnot about sage vs demon for clerics, but it's difficult for me to decide which culti to pick.

I'm an ep and I do play as a support ep when I consider it needed, but I'm mostly interested in dding. Rn I'm sage because I still have very little -chan (armor has like -12% total with that -3chan ws helmet no1 else uses), but in the future I plan to switch all (or most of) the -rpd and useless stats for chan and mag and maybe crit (ofc I'd keep a separate set for support).

On the one hand, I'm thinking I should stay sage if only because of vanguard, but on the other hand I already am only able to win some fights by outdding my opponent, so demon spirit might be more useful.

Wield Thunder is not very important to me since I rely on Primal Cyclone to dd, tho I can imagine demon tempest would be cool in mass if I ever managed to use it.

More importantly, I'm worried about metal mastery, I can't tell if +25% metal dmg is better than +4% crit or not,

Any ppl with some ep experience plz halp :-[

Offline Remmy

• Characters: Embry | Amora | Remmy
  • Faction: Apollumi
Have a sage and demon one. That's what I did...

Offline Death

• Old Player
Have a sage and demon one. That's what I did...
Well, technically I could just try demon, but a) I've still not enough -chan b) I suffer from perpetual poverty :police:

Offline Stroopwafel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Hello :police:

I've went through heaps of threads and whatnot about sage vs demon for clerics, but it's difficult for me to decide which culti to pick.

I'm an ep and I do play as a support ep when I consider it needed, but I'm mostly interested in dding. Rn I'm sage because I still have very little -chan (armor has like -12% total with that -3chan ws helmet no1 else uses), but in the future I plan to switch all (or most of) the -rpd and useless stats for chan and mag and maybe crit (ofc I'd keep a separate set for support).

On the one hand, I'm thinking I should stay sage if only because of vanguard, but on the other hand I already am only able to win some fights by outdding my opponent, so demon spirit might be more useful.

Wield Thunder is not very important to me since I rely on Primal Cyclone to dd, tho I can imagine demon tempest would be cool in mass if I ever managed to use it.

More importantly, I'm worried about metal mastery, I can't tell if +25% metal dmg is better than +4% crit or not,

Any ppl with some ep experience plz halp :-[
When I first started to play ep here I made it demon cause that's all I really played before and never had problems supporting my team mates, dding and what not but it felt kinda slow due to me having strictly defensive gears. Truth to be told if I had a decent ct armor I'd certainly go back to being demon especially cause of  its lower chi waste, SoR, mag attack buff and demon wield thunder (you'd probably start to rely on it more cause it has that nice 30% metal reduce debuff)...
In the end if you get the gear you've mentioned you could easily switch out your cultis and see whatever works best for you since everyone is going to have a different opinion on what is better and all that..

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
Vanguard is not really a reason to stay sage since demon ep's have the same extra phy def boost in their stream of rejuvenation that sage ep's have in the buff itsself.
Also the difference isn't rly 25% metal dmg but 5% since im pretty sure lvl 10 is 20%.(But you probably meant it that way anyhow -  just making sure xD) But why 4% crit? I thought it was 2% demons get for their mastery?
Demon ep's do have their spirits gift to make up for the loss in dmg though + wield thunders debuff is nice when you got some time to cast it and don't have to rushrush (like when evnemy is slept)

I'd go demon in your place, demon ep's can support just fine and are better for DD imo, but i would wait till you got some more -channeling on your gears.

Offline Death

• Old Player
When I first started to play ep here I made it demon cause that's all I really played before and never had problems supporting my team mates, dding and what not but it felt kinda slow due to me having strictly defensive gears. Truth to be told if I had a decent ct armor I'd certainly go back to being demon especially cause of  its lower chi waste, SoR, mag attack buff and demon wield thunder (you'd probably start to rely on it more cause it has that nice 30% metal reduce debuff)...
In the end if you get the gear you've mentioned you could easily switch out your cultis and see whatever works best for you since everyone is going to have a different opinion on what is better and all that..

Yeah, I just thought that maybe it's easier to decide which culti to pick in epw than in pwi (partially since extra mana/dmg are useless here).
Vanguard is not really a reason to stay sage since demon ep's have the same extra phy def boost in their stream of rejuvenation that sage ep's have in the buff itsself.
Also the difference isn't rly 25% metal dmg but 5% since im pretty sure lvl 10 is 20%.(But you probably meant it that way anyhow -  just making sure xD) But why 4% crit? I thought it was 2% demons get for their mastery?
Demon ep's do have their spirits gift to make up for the loss in dmg though + wield thunders debuff is nice when you got some time to cast it and don't have to rushrush (like when evnemy is slept)

I'd go demon in your place, demon ep's can support just fine and are better for DD imo, but i would wait till you got some more -channeling on your gears.
Right, metal mastery was a typo lol :P

When I dd I'm always in UVD so SoR is only useful when I'm supporting. That means as a demon I would be better at 1-target healing, but in dd mode I'd lose quite a bit of survivability.

I'm planning to do as you've said, get more -chan and go demon even if just to test it out.

Btw, are there any other nice combos than just debuffing with seal, mire and wield or sparked shackle? Whenever I manage to one-shot ppl I don't really have an idea what I'm doing  :tiger-18:

Offline LeiTo

• Old Player
  • Characters: LeiTo
  • Faction: Tyrants
Sage:
- -20% chan
- Sage Vanguard 100% pdef boost for 10sec
- 1sec cd purify
- 50% chance 30chi with Sage Thunder

I think it depend a bit of gameplay but demon isn't better for support, because of the cd of purify and you need a nice gears as Demon. Alot of channeling (at least for support). And you lose a bit of defense from your skills lvl 11.

In 1v1 demon should be funny as fk and really more OP than sage cleric. Even me sometimes I want so much be demon, because the offense possibility give so much avantages compared to sage cleric. But demon cleric have a hugh lack of chi for 1v1..

You will for sure enjoy Demon, but sage is way better in general sincerelly.

Offline Death

• Old Player
Sage:
- -20% chan
- Sage Vanguard 100% pdef boost for 10sec
- 1sec cd purify
- 50% chance 30chi with Sage Thunder

I think it depend a bit of gameplay but demon isn't better for support, because of the cd of purify and you need a nice gears as Demon. Alot of channeling (at least for support). And you lose a bit of defense from your skills lvl 11.

In 1v1 demon should be funny as fk and really more OP than sage cleric. Even me sometimes I want so much be demon, because the offense possibility give so much avantages compared to sage cleric. But demon cleric have a hugh lack of chi for 1v1..

You will for sure enjoy Demon, but sage is way better in general sincerelly.
I was thinking about it for a bit and I think demon would be more suitable for me after all. As much as I'd like to pretend I have some brain cells, in 1v1 I always go kamikaze mode and just hope my opponent dies before I do. Tbh I hardly ever use vanguard spirit or plume shell, I just rely on windshield, elven boon and aurora blast to keep me alive a bit longer and dd away.

Purify cd is a problem tho, when I'm a support ep I'm always trying to purify whenever somebody needs it. :-X On the other hand, the SoR defense bonus is lovely, so I guess my people would maybe forgive me for letting them stay stunned more often if I gave them a bit more survivability in return.

But yeah, it'll take ages until I get enough -chan to be able to function without sage magic shell :rolleyes:

Offline 1337

• The Maestro
  • Characters: MCCCXXXVII, Creampie
  • Faction: Outcasts☆

Offline Shazadi

• Lucy's wife ♥
  • Characters: DustAngel/Shazadi
My ep is sage. Sage is more support base and demon dd. Now you can make both type of ep and try it out. 
Lucy my lovely wifu! <3

Offline Shaymin

• Characters: Shaymin
  • Faction: Artifex
Demon for spamming purify :D

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
Demon for spamming purify :D
It's sage that has no purify cd

Offline Shaymin

• Characters: Shaymin
  • Faction: Artifex
It's sage that has no purify cd
Demon puri requires no chi though :s

Offline ♡Hermaphrodite♡

• Zoop
  • Characters: Hermaphrodite | Cadge
  • Faction: Silence
Hi there, I'm a sage ep and I've already been 2 times 3rd at Playoffs. I often get to kill people when I pk too. I'm mainly support but as a DD player as well, I'm satisfied with my current cultivation status. c: I'm not going to tell you what to pick. It's up to you, I'm just letting you know how I work with my ep.