Epic Perfect World

Buttload of Questions

Offline Klarionix

I haven't started actually playing pwe since I had a few burning questions in the back of my mind. The last time I played PW of any kind was on a different private server so my questions are kind of skewed from that server:

1) How long does it take to level to 150 here?
2) How hard/long does it take to finalize gears (assuming endgame gear here is R9rr and like g16 necklaces)
3) I saw a video of PWE pvp and everyone's faces on the hub looked disgusting; they looked as if you had turned off the customization option or something...does that go for everybody? Can i actually make a decent looking character here?
4) My last server mostly used a combination of gold from voting and then spam opening packs using that gold to get the best items...is that similar here or can I grind for everything (or better yet, is everything already available for me?)
5) What are the most popular and least popular classes?
6) Since it looks like level grinding is forced on here, wouldn't I have trouble grinding on say a Cleric? I feel discouraged starting on one if I have to be spamming that Razor skill every 5 seconds (same goes for most of the other AA classes)
7) Should I have a farming alt (like a sin) like most people on the main PWI server?
8 ) How active is PvP on here? 

I think those are all my questions for now but I'll update the OP if I forgot something.

Offline Suns

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forever QTest GM
  • ✿ ♥ ☼ ✼ ❣ ❁
  • Characters: Fire | Sunflower | Sunshine
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Answers

1. Players level from 110 to 150 through Phoenix Valley. Depending on your determination and class, you can get there anywhere in about a week to months.
2. Endgame gear is a combination of Rank 8 and custom gears. Rank 8 is based upon luck, so your endgame gear could be instant or take years.
3. There is an option to turn off the customization. Players here love to make custom preset edits, and several are really talented in it.
4. We use a combination of gold through voting and farming. There is also a option to donate, but you can get everything in the donations through farming. (You can also buy a lot of the donate items from other players if needed.)
5. People tend to play multiple classes. I would guess that Archers are top for Mass PK, Assassins and Wizards are top for Player vs Player. Not that many seem to play seeker, though seeker can be pretty good if you play it right.
6. My first class here was a cleric. Besides being lazy, I didn't have many issues leveling. Once you get a system down on farming Phoenix Valley you should do fine. You can also get help from other players.
7. Most players do have an Assassin here for farming, especially during Double Drop.
8. PvP is very active here. You have GM held PK events, players doing Random PK, and daily Mass PK between factions.

Hope this helps!

Take care, lovelies! ♥

Guides | Rules | Helpdesk | Staff | Stream
- - -
Keep your face towards the sun and every shadow will fall behind you.

Offline Zuxtain

Just to expand on the levelling part:
Clerics can also lvl in gv since for the majority of the time, they are just BBing but it does give less exp than if you were to run PV in a group. There are also levelling scrolls that you can use that give you instant exp and spirit. Other than grinding the exp out, you can do BH's, Morai and purple/blue (divine quests) quests which give really good exp not to mention supply tokens (ST), EC (Epic coins; the main currency used ingame) and level scrolls. Doing Morai not only gives exp but you will be able to buy reputation later on to get your r8 and skill books.

If these are too much to do, I would recommend you just do BH's since that will also allow you to do the divine quests which give a huge amount of exp along with PV runs. There are always people running PV if you go to the west (I think it's west. The one near Base manager) Khoan the survivor. There should be people shouting for parties and whatnot.

Good luck and welcome if you decide to join :)

Offline Klarionix

Thanks for your both of your answers!

Some of them were very reassuring and some of them were a bit discomforting...For example, the disparaging time it takes to level depending on your dedication worries me a bit... a week to months? That sounds a bit drastic (I'm assuming one week means you are going at this game almost every day)

Why would rank gear be based on luck...? How do you obtain R8/endgame custom gear (i guess this is kinda trailing into the guide section but I just want a quick simple answer)? What gear would suffice until then?

I guess what I wanted to say was that I'd like to get to a sufficient gear/level state where I can PvP as fast as I can
I don't mind farming like Sage/Demon skills instantly and such, but get to PvP gear asap would be ideal for me

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
1) How long does it take to level to 150 here? a day or two depending on how your system is and if u have others helping you, others a couple or more if not active player.
2) How hard/long does it take to finalize gears (assuming endgame gear here is R9rr and like g16 necklaces) ? R8 but if you play barb,sin,archer, Dragon gear is good enough to compete until you get good r8 stats.
3) I saw a video of PWE pvp and everyone's faces on the hub looked disgusting; they looked as if you had turned off the customization option or something...does that go for everybody? Can i actually make a decent looking character here? So many pretty and cute characters on here.
4) My last server mostly used a combination of gold from voting and then spam opening packs using that gold to get the best items...is that similar here or can I grind for everything (or better yet, is everything already available for me?) Nope. Gold and Epic Coins either donate/farm/trade and stuff.
5) What are the most popular and least popular classes? yup Archers for mass.
6) Since it looks like level grinding is forced on here, wouldn't I have trouble grinding on say a Cleric? I feel discouraged starting on one if I have to be spamming that Razor skill every 5 seconds (same goes for most of the other AA classes) Took me only a few hours to level my cleric was really easy in PV. wear pdef access plume shell to tank many mobs at a time. it's a breeze.
7) Should I have a farming alt (like a sin) like most people on the main PWI server? You can just farm ECs in NS and Shrine of ancestors and buy stuff from other players. But having many alts is good for events like morai , fire legion and BH quests. easy money.
8 ) How active is PvP on here? There's always pK just need to find where most people are or get 1v1 from world chat.

Welcome to EPic and it's the best MMO server ever you won't regret coming here. Have fun :D

RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms
I haven't started actually playing pwe since I had a few burning questions in the back of my mind. The last time I played PW of any kind was on a different private server so my questions are kind of skewed from that server:

1) How long does it take to level to 150 here?
2) How hard/long does it take to finalize gears (assuming endgame gear here is R9rr and like g16 necklaces)
3) I saw a video of PWE pvp and everyone's faces on the hub looked disgusting; they looked as if you had turned off the customization option or something...does that go for everybody? Can i actually make a decent looking character here?
4) My last server mostly used a combination of gold from voting and then spam opening packs using that gold to get the best items...is that similar here or can I grind for everything (or better yet, is everything already available for me?)
5) What are the most popular and least popular classes?
6) Since it looks like level grinding is forced on here, wouldn't I have trouble grinding on say a Cleric? I feel discouraged starting on one if I have to be spamming that Razor skill every 5 seconds (same goes for most of the other AA classes)
7) Should I have a farming alt (like a sin) like most people on the main PWI server?
8 ) How active is PvP on here?

I think those are all my questions for now but I'll update the OP if I forgot something.
I'll just be filling on bits of stuff that Suns missed out on.
1. To level, you can do PV, GV, FCC. And at the initial stages you can also grind on the mobs in heaven's tear for exp. Also, you have daily BHs you can do for exp and quite a few other goodies. Also, there is a daily quest at a custom epw NPC called God's giving to get exp (it's like crazy stone). You can also go to morai and go to the Stone collector NPC there for the crazy stone quest at her too daily. Another way is to use SLS (super level scroll), LS (level scroll) from the boutique. There are tons of ways of leveling tbh. And a lot of leveling guides are there on our forum put up by the players and GMs. we can link it to you if you can't find it. :)
NOTE: If you are in a faction you can do your daily base quest and with your merit points you can buy exp scrolls that gives you exp too. :)

2. Our end game here is r8 or custom dragon gear. You can get the dragon quite fast. If you know where to farm to farm EC (epic coins-our main currency here xD), you can get r8 quite fast too. But getting good stats on r8 is a luck based thing. Some people get it in 1 try, while others like me try for years and get 3x HP stats. xD
3. The faces were like zombies coz when some of us mass pk, we like to get customizations to a minimum or the lag gets bad considering there are 150+ players in that pk using skills and spamming mire and what not. :p
NOTE: Customization of characters is something of a very high value here. People and GMS even hold ini contests, so imagine that. They are fashion     freaks too so dw. xD
4. You can grind everything here, plus you have free gold from voting to buy stuff.
5. Uh this question I'll just skip before I get hate. :police:
6. Uh there is a cleric (we call cleric here EP) leveling guide on our forums, go through it. And if you are having so much troubles with leveling you can always be lazy and use SLS (gives you 80mil exp).
7. YES. Sin best. Farm. Farm more. Farm till you drop. Get up. Repeat.
8. PvP is VERY VERY active here. Although some time-zones are slaggy in PK, but the EU tz, Pinoy tz, and the Asian tz, pk is booming. 1v1 is happening all day. GMS hold pvp events of various kinds everyday at different timezones. And the timezones I spoke of have mass faction PKs with a lot of drama. So PK fun+drama on wc=grab popcorn fasted while killing people in mass. :))
Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 06:29 am by Norantha
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms

Some of them were very reassuring and some of them were a bit discomforting...For example, the disparaging time it takes to level depending on your dedication worries me a bit... a week to months? That sounds a bit drastic (I'm assuming one week means you are going at this game almost every day)

Why would rank gear be based on luck...? How do you obtain R8/endgame custom gear (i guess this is kinda trailing into the guide section but I just want a quick simple answer)? What gear would suffice until then?

I guess what I wanted to say was that I'd like to get to a sufficient gear/level state where I can PvP as fast as I can
I don't mind farming like Sage/Demon skills instantly and such, but get to PvP gear asap would be ideal for me
All your answers.
The Guide To All Guides
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
PV non stop, vote daily, get 150 and struggle with bad gears until you get semi ok gear. 

Use level scrolls past 140 if you ever make an alt. 

kitty stew

PS anyone starting out can pm me on my main toon "Domgrath" and I'll give them free EC / gear / cyber.

Offline Stroopwafel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆

1. I  think that was a tad bit exaggerated it all depends how fast do you want to level and how do you want to do it. I've recently made another ep and decided to do it without having to spend too much epic coins. It took roughly 2 days. 110 to 140 is fairly easy afterwards it just get slightly slower but still doable. You can solo but if you don't feel like it there are always bunch of people at pv npc near archo leader who are looking for people to level with. Also (I think) each 10 levels you get some free stuff like weapons, cards and a super level scroll..

2. Luck based meaning stats on your armor and weapon are random and sometimes it can take awhile to get the good stats and sometimes you might get lucky in couple of re-rolls. It does make sense when you look at the bigger picture. You need 8k warrior badges (or whatever their name is) to obtain needed reputation for your r8 ring. You can get that either from boutique, make with epic coins, do base quests and buy from base npc or even do morai (last two take more time tho)...
I do not recommend pvp in anything other than r8r armor, you don't need perfect stats on it as that's something you can work on slowly but anything other than that would put you at too big of a disadvantage compared to end game geared pvpers..

And make sure to check out Echo's godly guide to guides  >here<
Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 07:48 am by Gℓσσм

Offline Klarionix

1. I  think that was a tad bit exaggerated it all depends how fast do you want to level and how do you want to do it. I've recently made another ep and decided to do it without having to spend too much epic coins. It took roughly 2 days. 110 to 140 is fairly easy afterwards it just get slightly slower but still doable. You can solo but if you don't feel like it there are always bunch of people at pv npc near archo leader who are looking for people to level with. Also (I think) each 10 levels you get some free stuff like weapons, cards and a super level scroll..

2. Luck based meaning stats on your armor and weapon are random and sometimes it can take awhile to get the good stats and sometimes you might get lucky in couple of re-rolls. It does make sense when you look at the bigger picture. You need 8k warrior badges (or whatever their name is) to obtain needed reputation for your r8 ring. You can get that either from boutique, make with epic coins, do base quests and buy from base npc or even do morai (last two take more time tho)...
I do not recommend pvp in anything other than r8r armor, you don't need perfect stats on it as that's something you can work on slowly but anything other than that would put you at too big of a disadvantage compared to end game geared pvpers..

And make sure to check out Echo's godly guide to guides  >here<
The link is broken :<

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.