Epic Perfect World

XtremeTop100 Could not open socket

Offline FT1

Hello, I'm getting this error after trying to vote on Xtreme Top 100:
"Could not open Socket" in a blank page

I can reach the captcha screen but after the submit there is a timeout or that message

Is unfair since we can't really vote and DN keep going up

Is only happening to me?

Are they nerfing our chances to go first place?

Mrai

Hello, I'm getting this error after trying to vote on Xtreme Top 100:
"Could not open Socket" in a blank page

I can reach the captcha screen but after the submit there is a timeout or that message

Is unfair since we can't really vote and DN keep going up

Is only happening to me?

Are they nerfing our chances to go first place?

I'm not sure if it nerfs anything, but, I'm getting it since last night. But as far as I know, you still get your cubi for voting. So I'm guessing the votes still count toward top spot in ranks.

Offline FT1

I'm not sure if it nerfs anything, but, I'm getting it since last night. But as far as I know, you still get your cubi for voting. So I'm guessing the votes still count toward top spot in ranks.

My concerns are not for the cubi but for the vote itself, is also unfair for epw give gold for fake votes.
That can also seem to be a abuse attempt from the user and finally get banned or something

I just like to have things fair to everyone involved

Mrai

My concerns are not for the cubi but for the vote itself, is also unfair for epw give gold for fake votes.
That can also seem to be a abuse attempt from the user and finally get banned or something

I just like to have things fair to everyone involved
I'm sure the vote still counts, and explain fake votes? Because if you read it, all the votes are logged and recorded constantly. To prevent abuse.

Offline FT1

I'm sure the vote still counts, and explain fake votes? Because if you read it, all the votes are logged and recorded constantly. To prevent abuse.

OK, I'll explain 'fake vote':
epw page redirect the user to the voting website and count, after that there is no monitoring of the voting fact meaning:
User can close the tab and it will count on epw
User can mistake several times the captcha test and it will count on epw
User can efectivelly vote and it will count on both pages

Thats how u get gtop100 with 5.3k votes and xtremeTop100 stuck on 3.3k

I would like to be clear on this: I'm not defending myself, I'm defending epw.

Mrai

Ah, well, if they do that, then, what's the issue with it? We got top spot anyway, and it's the fault of the website for allowing that to happen

Offline sallywas1

I'm having the same problem, for a couple of days now. I get the captcha page, but not the banner page. I'm thinking and hoping that it's just the captcha page that gets counted. I only have the problem on the first link, the second link is working fine.

Mrai

I'm having the same problem, for a couple of days now. I get the captcha page, but not the banner page. I'm thinking and hoping that it's just the captcha page that gets counted. I only have the problem on the first link, the second link is working fine.
Yes, it counts.

Offline Bam_Bam

so I guess isn't just me : /

Mrai

so I guess isn't just me : /
Nah, it's probably an issue they're having with the site. Don't fret though, votes and cubi still counts.

Offline beardragon

• Old Player
That site always seems to have problems with the voting stuff, and as for getting the #1 spot on it I belive that the current #1 has votes every 4 hours so passing them won't be possible. There's also the issue if the site itself is rigging the vote count or not.

Mrai

Dragon Network has voting every 12 hours, I believe.

Offline Resolve

• Flurry of Dancing Flames
  • Characters: Resolve
  • Faction: Apollumi\Nohomo
Thank you for This Thread now i know that its just not me that it says this to you were very helpful i appreciate it

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but sometimes we're driven to become the devil himself.

Mrai

Thank you for This Thread now i know that its just not me that it says this to you were very helpful i appreciate it
Glad to contribute to the help of the post.
Thank you, everybody for helping figure it out. c:

Offline IsFuzzy

i cant even vote atm which sucks cause i have been on a good schedule to vote i get the one or more empty fields and i have put in the right info for me.