Epic Perfect World

Poll

Alright, what is gaming to you?

Lifestyle
7 (21.9%)
Hobby
15 (46.9%)
Something that kills physical functions to an extent, but increases mental function
4 (12.5%)
Something fat guys do because they have no real friends
1 (3.1%)
A purple polka dot cat with hooves and horns.
5 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: Oct 15, 2012, 11:20 pm

Gaming?

Offline daveydev

• Rawr! Ima kinky tiger
Alot of people play EPW and other games as a way of relaxing after a hard day at work so its a social and type of lifestyle out of the work lifestyle its different and unique and you get too meet alot of awesome people from all over the world and the different cultures and things they belive in just amazes me and of course the cuisine! I love food!!!! but hey I am a skinny fat b***ard I can eat what I want when I want xDD and never put any weight on. Be jelly xDDDD

Mrai

Alot of people play EPW and other games as a way of relaxing after a hard day at work so its a social and type of lifestyle out of the work lifestyle its different and unique and you get too meet alot of awesome people from all over the world and the different cultures and things they belive in just amazes me and of course the cuisine! I love food!!!! but hey I am a skinny fat b***ard I can eat what I want when I want xDD and never put any weight on. Be jelly xDDDD
xD I'm the same way.

Offline daveydev

• Rawr! Ima kinky tiger
Har Har *happy dance* I love food me! I just baked some corn beef and potatoes pies

Offline SirClassy

• A BM's leap is considered "running." Right...
I kind agree with it, but, I wouldn't call it an addiction since you can stop whenever you want.

When someone substitutes their previous addiction. They are looking for a way to take their mind off of that addiction. So for those people, if they stop, they go back to the previous ,and prob. More destructive, addiction.
How fitting.

Mrai

When someone substitutes their previous addiction. They are looking for a way to take their mind off of that addiction. So for those people, if they stop, they go back to the previous ,and prob. More destructive, addiction.
Maybe, depends on if they have that self control. :o

Offline SirClassy

Depends on the addiction (Drugs, ect.) Some drugs , if that is in fact the addiction, are lethal when you don't use them. Others they "need" them. But from some people i've known over the years.. Self control isn't an option.
How fitting.

Mrai

Self control is always an option. It takes self control to get yourself the help you need, if you really want off the addiction.

Offline SirClassy

Again. It's individual. Just because it's an option for some people. In other people's minds it's not. Now to us that may seem like them giving up. But in their reality that matters not. It's still not an option for them. Your reality is what you perceive. Everyone else preceives things differently.
How fitting.

Offline Azzhole

• The Hated
But I do think that as much as you enjoy gaming, you shouldn't spend too much time on your pc.  Get out and do some physical activity, spend some time in the real world, as one might call it :p

I agree with that. My boyfriend since he was younger has been a very shy guy to the point that he'd enclose himself in his room, away from people. Now since he's 23 and still wasn't very active growing up, it's hard for him to stand for more than 5 minutes at a time. If he stands up for about an hour or more he gets very bad pains in his knee's and the muscles on his legs. (And he's not heavy at all either if you were wondering, he's about 110 pounds and 6ft+) In public, he has the hood on his hoodie up to hide his face.

I personally..Being with him think it's very cute since he's like extremely adorable >.< But I do also try and calmly tell him everything's okay no need to hide and such. But the physical part is terrible for him, and he's angry at himself a lot of the time because of it. He even tells me sometimes when it bothers him that if we ever have children in the future, they will never be the way he is and he will make sure of it because he hates it so much.

It's hard but I have patience with it. I know I'll be the only one working for a long time and I know I'll be supporting everything but if it's worth the work for him, I'll do it. I'm slowly working on getting him to do small chores now and then that require him to walk around and stuff but baby-steps...Gotta start little.

Yeah I know it got a little too detailed lol but it made me want to say something about how it definitely can be taken too far and how it CAN be very bad for you. 

~Now hate me for stating my opinion that conflicts with yours~

Mrai

I agree with that. My boyfriend since he was younger has been a very shy guy to the point that he'd enclose himself in his room, away from people. Now since he's 23 and still wasn't very active growing up, it's hard for him to stand for more than 5 minutes at a time. If he stands up for about an hour or more he gets very bad pains in his knee's and the muscles on his legs. (And he's not heavy at all either if you were wondering, he's about 110 pounds and 6ft+) In public, he has the hood on his hoodie up to hide his face.

I personally..Being with him think it's very cute since he's like extremely adorable >.< But I do also try and calmly tell him everything's okay no need to hide and such. But the physical part is terrible for him, and he's angry at himself a lot of the time because of it. He even tells me sometimes when it bothers him that if we ever have children in the future, they will never be the way he is and he will make sure of it because he hates it so much.

It's hard but I have patience with it. I know I'll be the only one working for a long time and I know I'll be supporting everything but if it's worth the work for him, I'll do it. I'm slowly working on getting him to do small chores now and then that require him to walk around and stuff but baby-steps...Gotta start little.

Yeah I know it got a little too detailed lol but it made me want to say something about how it definitely can be taken too far and how it CAN be very bad for you.
Can be, if you don't do anything else. But yeah, I feel bad for the guy. Send him my sentiments.