Epic Perfect World

Veno Blessbox?

Offline Selethea

Uh, excuse me? I'm not a pve player. On the contrary, I hate pve. I'm not saying I don't agree about the rings, i'm neutral on that. But what i'm saying is that theres nothing wrong if people want to play HA veno for fun, and theres nothing wrong with adding the bless box for them. You, on the other hand, are just being insulting to people who are simply stating their opinions.
Lyn PvEr xDDDDDD
[11:06:30] Omar aka Laura's aggressive bunny '-'.: yeah xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD UHM EXCUSE ME IM NOT PVER I JUST FARM 40K WAR SEAL DAILY N GET NOTHING WHEN I RESHAPE BUT NO PVER !!!

Sank you Sideris <3

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Uh, excuse me? I'm not a pve player. On the contrary, I hate pve. I'm not saying I don't agree about the rings, i'm neutral on that. But what i'm saying is that theres nothing wrong if people want to play HA veno for fun, and theres nothing wrong with adding the bless box for them. You, on the other hand, are just being insulting to people who are simply stating their opinions.

I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm stating the obvious. The majority of the servers venomancers will not benefit from this suggestion, therefore I find it useless and unnecessary. If you want to play HA, go for it, but I don't see why there should be a game-edit just because a handful of venomancers like to be able to tank like a barb.

Offline Pelnar

• The WR Under the Bridge
  • Feed me, Seymour
  • Characters: Pelnar, Hackee
  • Faction: Formerly ArchEnemy
Firstly, this suggestion will never happen because it's only appealing to you, a HA venomancer when the majority of the game is AA caster like the class is meant to be, and once again I'm stating the truth and not trying to come off as an ass.

I look down on the entire idea of having venomancers having bless-boxes because.. You ask for +20 DEX, then before you know it someone says "Hey! +20 DEX doesn't help the majority of us, let's give Veno's 5% Pdef!"

Veno is one of the most powerful, well rounded classes in game at the moment and certainly does not need any increases whatsoever.

You just said that it doesn't effect ANY AA Venomancers. Then said that Venos don't need any increase in power, presumably directed at the Arcane venos that you have experience with, which implies that it WOULD be an increase in power.

I stand by the fact that it doesn't effect Arcanes, nearly at all. And this buff isn't just for myself, it's to make HA Veno more appealing to more people to promote more diversity among the community. Yes, I am affected by this buff. But that's not the reason that I would like it to be implemented. I'd simply like another play style (HA Veno, specifically) to be viable so that more people play it. My main goal here is to make it more appealing to others. You make it sound as if I only want the buff for myself, which isn't the case.
The WF that got Soul Trapper Banned

Offline Lyn

• Inactive.
  • Characters: SheryN, Arinea
  • Faction: Hang☆Over
Lyn PvEr xDDDDDD
[11:06:30] Omar aka Laura's aggressive bunny '-'.: yeah xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD UHM EXCUSE ME IM NOT PVER I JUST FARM 40K WAR SEAL DAILY N GET NOTHING WHEN I RESHAPE BUT NO PVER !!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL n00p fmp baddie
Ty SnowLily for avvy ♥ and Angie for siggy ♥

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
I'd simply like another play style (HA Veno, specifically) to be viable so that more people play it. My main goal here is to make it more appealing to others. You make it sound as if I only want the buff for myself, which isn't the case.

To each his own, as I've said.. Go ahead and play your build as you wish, however I personally cannot see the appeal in a build that

1) Cannot kill anything (for the most part)

2) Can't really benefit at all from magic-skills

As someone else suggested, they do have a pataka w/ 50% accuracy for your issue. This was made for Ha veno's in the past and is still viable.

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
To each his own, as I've said.. Go ahead and play your build as you wish, however I personally cannot see the appeal in a build that

1) Cannot kill anything (for the most part)

2) Can't really benefit at all from magic-skills

As someone else suggested, they do have a pataka w/ 50% accuracy for your issue. This was made for Ha veno's in the past and is still viable.

In response to your first point, I will reiterate that I have a nuke that places me in the top ranking for the GM damage event every time I enter against AA venos. As an additional response to this point, it is a build meant for mass PK and TW, not 1v1s. It does not have to kill. Debuffs do plenty more for a squad than one more DD would do. For example: A squad of 3 EAs, one EP, one BM, one Psy, one Mystic, and two Wizes would benefit more from an HA veno than they would a Sin, Wiz, or EA, and arguably more than an AA veno because of CONSTANT AoE debuffs and purges instead of just Nova and arcane DD.

In response to your second point, most Venos I see in mass PK have to go out of their way and stop doing whatever it is Arcanes do (read: Nova, stun, more arcane DD) in order to use Purge or Amplify Damage or Bewitch or the AoE Rainbow or Grudge Strike. HA Venos don't. They stay in Fox Form and are CONSTANTLY spamming AoE debuffs and purges without having to worry about spending time out of their main form.

In response to your comment about the +50% accuracy Pataka
What if I told you that you couldn't use your R8 weapon and had to use one with set stats and no variety? What if I told you that you only get one weapon? Most classes on the server would look at me like I'm a lunatic. And I still end up missing fairly often with that Pataka, unless I'm also using double Might rings.

Edit: A lot of people look at me like I'm a lunatic for wanting to play HA veno anyway, but that's not the point.

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
+1 i really dont see why not, it wont hurt anything.

Quote from: ๖ۣۜĐomgrath link=topi  c=25477.msg336535#msg336535 date=1431244612
You play this game for fun, awesome, it's always nice to have a strong PvE-type community on a mainly PvP-type game.

You and I clash because I'm thinking of PvP as a whole, and you're still looking at this situation as 'fun'. If you were a PvP player, you'd understand the struggle which is class balance.. This is why I think people that aren't so PvP inclined shouldn't have any say on what happens on a PvP standpoint.

Hey this might be news for you but some people actually pvp for fun not everyone gets upset when they lose or have their ego go sky high over winning a pixel battle.  :tiger-1:

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
+1 i really dont see why not, it wont hurt anything.

Hey this might be news for you but some people actually pvp for fun not everyone gets upset when they lose or have their ego go sky high over winning a pixel battle.  :tiger-1:

^ This

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
can someone explain to me why the hell does venos playing with heavy gears

WHEN IT WAS CREATED TO BE ARCANE CLASS

wtf

give veno more dex and acc .. and then they spam 0 def and aps .......
break the game more and more

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable

wtf

I think it was originally made to be able to do both; that's why a lot of wf skills have low mp cost (if I remember correctly) so that ha wfs with low magic would still have enough mp to use skills

just the aa half surpassed the ha half along the way so they threw in a few primal skills to try and help balance it out and it didn't really work

so the people still playing ha are leaning towards this older idea

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour

wtf

If you read the thread, I've given several reasons, several times over.

HA Veno having no damage? You must not be aware of the magic that is Fossilized Curse. Plus, it's not a build that I intend to use for 1v1s. Mass PK? Check. Small PK? Check. TW? Check. NW? Not much personal score, but helps your squad a bunch. Adds to the survivability of pretty much everyone on your squad by shafting the damage of everyone you hit with Grudge Strike. Which is a spammable AoE. Still survivable. Plenty of purges. Plenty of AoE Myriad Rainbows. I don't NEED to kill anyone. I'm a support class. If I WANT to kill someone though? Easy 38k on almost anyone on the server that isn't camping defense gear. That's without a defense null or a crit. Just flat 38k damage. Which is plenty enough to heiro anyone that you need dead. Unless that person happens to be a vit barb with 72k+ HP, in which case, just lock them down/debuff them to hell. Easy enough.
I will reiterate that I have a nuke that places me in the top ranking for the GM damage event every time I enter against AA venos. As an additional response to this point, it is a build meant for mass PK and TW, not 1v1s. It does not have to kill. Debuffs do plenty more for a squad than one more DD would do. For example: A squad of 3 EAs, one EP, one BM, one Psy, one Mystic, and two Wizes would benefit more from an HA veno than they would a Sin, Wiz, or EA, and arguably more than an AA veno because of CONSTANT AoE debuffs and purges instead of just Nova and arcane DD.

In response to your second point, most Venos I see in mass PK have to go out of their way and stop doing whatever it is Arcanes do (read: Nova, stun, more arcane DD) in order to use Purge or Amplify Damage or Bewitch or the AoE Rainbow or Grudge Strike. HA Venos don't. They stay in Fox Form and are CONSTANTLY spamming AoE debuffs and purges without having to worry about spending time out of their main form.

Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 07:54 am by Pelnar

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
1 stupid person out of 100 will think of HA WF
5 out of 10 that thought of it will try it
after they notice that wiz deals 15k w.o undine and is not effective in any way will reroll back to normal
whats the point of supporting this and just giving to normal venos more evasion in arcane build( DDs already miss in them like wat) just because u wanna play some stupid build
if u wanna make this happen, remove the dex
Dex= evasion
full magic venos would just use the dex bless box for the evasion which improves their evasion chance by a %
no.
Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 07:59 am by Sebi

Offline Pelnar

• Feed me, Seymour
full magic venos would just use the dex bless box for the evasion which improves their evasion chance by a %
no.

Sebi. 1% evasion. 1% crit. Or 5 Attack Levels/5 Defense Levels/potential 80 Vit?

Which do you think AA venos will use? And does that very insignificant buff to evasion really change anything? It's not like they have ungodly evasion from high dex already. What is 20 Dex to the 228 needed for Seeker's R8 sword? What is 20 Dex to Assassin or EA Dex? If an Arcane Veno is purposely statting dex for evasion, instead of Str for requirements or Mag for damage, and you still have an issue with them, I don't know what to tell you.

Offline Selethea

1 stupid person out of 100 will think of HA WF
5 out of 10 that thought of it will try it
after they notice that wiz deals 15k w.o undine and is not effective in any way will reroll back to normal
whats the point of supporting this and just giving to normal venos more evasion in arcane build( DDs already miss in them like wat) just because u wanna play some stupid build
if u wanna make this happen, remove the dex
Dex= evasion
no.
How do you find it stupid? This class was meant for both, melee and range, skills say that by itself. Now, It's her/his choice what/how to play. If he or she gets one shot by wizz, it's not your business, why do you even care about it?
The blessing wouldn't hurt anyone. I don't find it stupid or useless, just let people enjoy the game. Or did we forget the meaning of games? Yea, it wouldn't change anything drastically. But many small things were added in this game, and no one even complained about it.
Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:17 am by Fanchon

Sank you Sideris <3

Offline BriEsT

• Don
How do you find it stupid? This class was meant for both, melee and range, skills say that by itself. Now, It's her/him choice what/how to play. If he or she gets one shot by wizz, it's not your bussiness, why do you even care about it?
The blessing wouldn't hurt anyone. I don't find it stupid or useless, just let people enjoy the game. Or did we forget the meaning of games? Yea, it wouldn't change anything drastically. But many small things were added in this game, and no one even complained about it.

Its stupid for many reasons actually to even consider heavy wf as something to be used in 1v1 rpk mass pk or w/e , but as you said its the persons decision , so w/e makes you happy thats ok after all its not my problem if you want to use it or not . Tho regardless of you having fun with it or anyone else for that matter , the idea is really bad for "serious" players like myself ( I meant the heavy build idea ) .