• Nid to git gut
  • Modder
  • Characters: Noobward and Alts
  • Faction: ?!?
i dont think this is much needed tbh

...well then again i dont main EP so...idk up to EPs on serv

Offline Yinster

• ♡Yang is here♡
  • Do Not Disturb Unless いんよう, おんよう, おんみょう matter.
  • Characters: Yinster, Catwoman, Arayk
  • Faction: Family Director
What's up with all these suggestions of changing the skills/gameplay
I feel you

Offline Death

• Old Player
15 seconds is a reasonable cooldown.

If that feels too long and as if the risk is too high to take there is plenty of stuff besides healing a ep can do without UVD - for example: you can debuff, you can sog, sleep, you can slow with cyclone, you can channel or mag attack buff (depending on if you're sage or demon) your squad members to max their dmg output or you can just deal some dmg (good enough if you're AAing)

It's really not like clerics are nothing but slave heals and have no other purpose when not in UVD + when the "bad guys" come back and your UVD is still in CD there are things like AD, Sutra, and whatever defensive skills the classes are given. Your squad members have a fair chance to survive for a few seconds till you can switch.

Thanks for a detailed reply  :smiley: I agree that eps have a load of useful offensive skills even when out of (U)VD, but the problem that I'd like to either reduce or highlight with all my rantings and suggestions to improve eps' usefulness outside of healing is that there's still not enough people who treat eps as anything more than healers.

Sure, on the forums you'll find people who claim that eps aren't popular as an offensive class just because they are too easy to play, but in most cases ppl think cleric=healer and that's it. Sometimes an ep gets yelled at for going violet even when that's a perfectly reasonable thing to do in the situation.

The biggest problem that I've noticed that is a result of this idk, prejudice is that people find playing an ep boring. Personally I just can't understand how playing an ep could be more boring than playing a sin or anything, I mean eps may not be the best dders, but they more than make up for it with their other skills in either normal or UV mode. But in the minds of many people playing an ep equals to flying, spamming heals and trying to survive, which I agree is boring.

What I'd like to achieve in some way is to show people that most of ep skills are in fact important and there are a lot of different ways to play an ep, many of them entirely legit and reasonable. If more people notice that, eps will stop being some kind of sacred cow class just because it is both important and unpopular. And I'm sure everybody would be happy to have more dedicated eps on the server.

Hence, I'd like to encourage people to write more posts like yours and maybe think about changes that would make eps seem a more attractive class to play even to people who prefer to dd than to support.

And yes, I love writing essays  :P

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Thanks for a detailed reply  :smiley: I agree that eps have a load of useful offensive skills even when out of (U)VD, but the problem that I'd like to either reduce or highlight with all my rantings and suggestions to improve eps' usefulness outside of healing is that there's still not enough people who treat eps as anything more than healers.

Sure, on the forums you'll find people who claim that eps aren't popular as an offensive class just because they are too easy to play, but in most cases ppl think cleric=healer and that's it. Sometimes an ep gets yelled at for going violet even when that's a perfectly reasonable thing to do in the situation.

The biggest problem that I've noticed that is a result of this idk, prejudice is that people find playing an ep boring. Personally I just can't understand how playing an ep could be more boring than playing a sin or anything, I mean eps may not be the best dders, but they more than make up for it with their other skills in either normal or UV mode. But in the minds of many people playing an ep equals to flying, spamming heals and trying to survive, which I agree is boring.

What I'd like to achieve in some way is to show people that most of ep skills are in fact important and there are a lot of different ways to play an ep, many of them entirely legit and reasonable. If more people notice that, eps will stop being some kind of sacred cow class just because it is both important and unpopular. And I'm sure everybody would be happy to have more dedicated eps on the server.

Hence, I'd like to encourage people to write more posts like yours and maybe think about changes that would make eps seem a more attractive class to play even to people who prefer to dd than to support.

And yes, I love writing essays  :P
ep is already op as dd and easy to play
... the class needs nothing to encourage ppl to play it, just that the DD is so easy that is boring, hence no1 actually plays it

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline Death

• Old Player
ep is already op as dd and easy to play
... the class needs nothing to encourage ppl to play it, just that the DD is so easy that is boring, hence no1 actually plays it
Sorry, but this sounds illogical and completely contrary to my experience. People in fact do love classes that are super easy to play, which is why we have an abundance of derp sins who won't even give you a chance to fight back or people who just spam their 1-hit combo.
Plus, there's a lot of ppl who have problems with playing your standard healer slave ep right. If it's difficult for some to spam heals, purify and sog ppl that are about to kill them, how can it be easy for them to play well when they're a squishy dd that can't even switch equipment and needs tons of chi all the time?

Offline 1337

• The Maestro
  • Characters: MCCCXXXVII, Creampie
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Sorry, but this sounds illogical and completely contrary to my experience. People in fact do love classes that are super easy to play, which is why we have an abundance of derp sins who won't even give you a chance to fight back or people who just spam their 1-hit combo.
Plus, there's a lot of ppl who have problems with playing your standard healer slave ep right. If it's difficult for some to spam heals, purify and sog ppl that are about to kill them, how can it be easy for them to play well when they're a squishy dd that can't even switch equipment and needs tons of chi all the time?
Clearly you know nothing about the game

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
:normal-1: :normal-2: :normal-1: ep gameplay is easiest by far
if u cant survive on ep u srsly have problems  :normal-9:
more respect to mass pk eps which get targeted by 5-10 ppl and survive + keep their team alive rather than respect to a person who can tank 1 dd that has low damage compared to ep's survival posibilities

Offline Death

• Old Player
:normal-1: :normal-2: :normal-1: ep gameplay is easiest by far
if u cant survive on ep u srsly have problems  :normal-9:
Dude, where did I say I have problems? I'm doing just fine. I just think your argument that dd eps are so op ppl don't want to play them is just ridiculous.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
No way, then EP's in duel in 1v1 tournament will never lose

Offline 1337

• The Maestro
  • Characters: MCCCXXXVII, Creampie
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
No way, then EP's in duel in 1v1 tournament will never lose
They're already op as fck in duels

Offline Death

• Old Player
They're already op as fck in duels