Epic Perfect World

Remove Charms from the game

Offline • 𝕊𝕊𝔾 •

• Old Player
  • Characters: Espio, Saladin, Xqwi, SSG
  • Faction: Supreme☆
only question left is, when will the charms get removed GM? as fast as possible please , i dont have time

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
no because like Frost said, this would give an more advantage to people with better gear and pk will become even more gear over skill

and/or just really really short

What  ???

I agree, healer eps are incredibly important in pvp and it is a challenge to play them right. However, I'd like to argue that there are different ways to play a support ep than being a 'slave' of your teammates. In fact, an ep has the potential to become the leader of the battlefield if they know what they're doing.

As you have mentioned in your post, eps have several immobilization skills. That makes them excellent executors of crowd control. Eps can easily disable a unit that poses a considerable threat to the ep's team in the current situation, giving the team more time to finish current tasks and prepare to fight the problematic individual. What is more, it is often the case that a targeted unit begins to flee from the battlefield, the other teammates fail to stop them and only a swift intervention from an ep foils the opponent's attempt at desertion.
idk about "crowd control", you can only affect one person.  this could be good for smaller pk, like really, really small pk, but mass pk just leave cc to wfs and wrs.  your time is better spent on squad.

In the heat of battle a poorly organized squad may have trouble deciding which targets should be attacked first; in this situation an ep can take the function of the leader and enforce a particular course of action. This can be accomplished via placing a Seal of God on a target that the team wishes to attack. As counter-productive as it sounds, it can in fact encourage the team to focus on a different, more threatening target. However, it is important that the ep can distinguish when using SoG is desirable, otherwise they may actually hinder the teams progress towards victory.

best to use sog on wbs, or extra wrs/eps that you know that the party won't target

Another important crowd-control aspect of an ep comes in fact from their healing skills. It is often the case that several units of the ep's team end up fighting away from the group. Although it is true that some units are quite effective on their own, it might be more beneficial for the group if everybody stays together and tries to focus on the same targets. If an ep sees that the squadmates have scattered around the battlefield in such a manner that one could say the battle became mass 1v1, said ep can encourage their teammates to move closer to them by only casting AoE healing skills. It is, in my opinion, a bad idea to heal individuals who insist on fighting away from the group.

don't make the rest of the pt get restricted to aoe heal only just because 1 or 2 members aren't doing what they're supposed to do.  if they're not staying with pt lead, they're probably not paying attention and they won't notice you've suddenly switched to only aoe heal

just tell them outright: stay with pt lead or I won't bother to heal you

unless they're wrs ofc.  and sometimes wfs

In some cases it might be possible for an ep to encourage a more aggressive, kamikaze type playstyle. This can be accomplished by either using Heaven's Wrath, which significantly aids the team's damage dealing, or by switching into an offensive Ultraviolet Dance mode - the choice depends on the number of damage dealers in squad, among other factors. This tactic is particularly useful when the ep's team is fighting against a group that is more tanky than it can deal damage. In case the opposing team switches to more offensive builds or otherwise begins to be more of a threat, the ep can always switch back to being a healer.

maybe in small pk lol... I just think it'd be really annoying for the pt to see their ep trying to dd in the middle of mass pk instead of supporting squad

I think you're limiting the actual role of an ep in an attempt to try to do different aspects of it that it can't really do

if you want to dd or cc, should just play a different class (unless it's rpk/very small pk)

an ep can support really really well, that should be your main goal in mass pk

The entire point of the post was that playing an ep is more than just hanging around your team and spamming CHB. I agree that it's easy to be a somewhat decent ep, but if you want to be really useful and not to get bored you'll need some brains instead of rerolling to another class because you can't wrap your mind around the idea that eps have more than 3 skills  :police:

anything more is time wasted; the entire party is capable of doing all the things you listed off, but none of them can spam purify and heal (unless mystic)

LOL where is playing cleric challenging here? everyone can play cleric with instacast gear... go to pwi make a cleric there with under -40% channeling and no r999 gear then u know what challenging gameplay is

having -40% channeling and supporting 10 people with the amount of damage and attack speed this server has isn't challenging, it's impossible  :rolleyes: even if you try and believe in yourself hard enough

although the purify proc on r999 is outrageous so...

and yeah everyone can play cleric just like everyone can play wb or ea or psy or sin etc... it's a game not a puzzle.  just matters how well you do at it and I've seen plenty of stupid eps to know that it's not so simple to some hehe
Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 11:40 pm by Roomi

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
The entire point of the post was that playing an ep is more than just hanging around your team and spamming CHB. I agree that it's easy to be a somewhat decent ep, but if you want to be really useful and not to get bored you'll need some brains instead of rerolling to another class because you can't wrap your mind around the idea that eps have more than 3 skills  :police:
Nobody ever said that eps are slaves. They can have different paths, but the most important role in pk is healing. You wrote that long story on misinterpretation. I agree, but you disagreed to something that was never said.

With people dying left and right even with ep slaves, charms, ect. Explain how removing charms will help increase the role of an ep? Besides, this is NOT just about eps. This is a change that will dramatically effect every class. Especially glass canon classes with the high amount of damage.
Your idea is good but don't remove charms, just higher the CD
This is probably the only compromise with more pros than cons. I agree. A 1 to 2 second increase would go a long way. My only concern is with squishy classes.
Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 11:40 pm by Frost
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Brewskie

• IsOnTheLoose
yes take away charms plz none can kill me if I'm vit
:tiger-24: wow such good and original idea
^ Just.... No.

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
Oh my God, there are people taking this thread seriously?
Give me a second:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Guys plis tell me your +1's aren't srs.

Offline Kev

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aladdin Skane Shrowd IIIIIIIIII
  • Faction: Team69

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
People taking this dumb thread seriously LOL? Hope these peoples +1's arent serious.

Offline IMN666

• Poor, Ugly, Happy
  • Bah-weep-graghnah-weep-ninni-bong
  • Characters: Maloth, Aceso

Vegas

Your idea is good but don't remove charms, just higher the CD

That's going to happen with the next chinese patch (which we hopefully never get)

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
Yes because not.

eternalagony23

+1 remove charm  :-X

Vegas

Oh and EPs will be less effective because they will have to heal themselves more to stay alive. You will get less heals and die faster...best idea