• Faction: Wandering
remove game
Wow best suggestion ever   ;)
+1 to this statement.
Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:09 pm by Frost
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Death

• Old Player
Please remove both Spirit and Guardian Charms from the game, it destroys both pvp and pve and makes healer classes almost useless.
What  ???

Also, eps are the MOST useful and sought out class overall for pk(Archers for DD). Buffs, heals, immobilization, ect. Also despite popular belief cleric is probably the hardest class in pk. Maybe not mechanic wise, but the fact that you have to pay attention to 10 people, their hp, buffs, the map, locations of each player, healing the pt... all while trying to stay alive while being attacked constantly. It's a selfless and important role.

I agree, healer eps are incredibly important in pvp and it is a challenge to play them right. However, I'd like to argue that there are different ways to play a support ep than being a 'slave' of your teammates. In fact, an ep has the potential to become the leader of the battlefield if they know what they're doing.

As you have mentioned in your post, eps have several immobilization skills. That makes them excellent executors of crowd control. Eps can easily disable a unit that poses a considerable threat to the ep's team in the current situation, giving the team more time to finish current tasks and prepare to fight the problematic individual. What is more, it is often the case that a targeted unit begins to flee from the battlefield, the other teammates fail to stop them and only a swift intervention from an ep foils the opponent's attempt at desertion.

In the heat of battle a poorly organized squad may have trouble deciding which targets should be attacked first; in this situation an ep can take the function of the leader and enforce a particular course of action. This can be accomplished via placing a Seal of God on a target that the team wishes to attack. As counter-productive as it sounds, it can in fact encourage the team to focus on a different, more threatening target. However, it is important that the ep can distinguish when using SoG is desirable, otherwise they may actually hinder the teams progress towards victory.

Another important crowd-control aspect of an ep comes in fact from their healing skills. It is often the case that several units of the ep's team end up fighting away from the group. Although it is true that some units are quite effective on their own, it might be more beneficial for the group if everybody stays together and tries to focus on the same targets. If an ep sees that the squadmates have scattered around the battlefield in such a manner that one could say the battle became mass 1v1, said ep can encourage their teammates to move closer to them by only casting AoE healing skills. It is, in my opinion, a bad idea to heal individuals who insist on fighting away from the group.

In some cases it might be possible for an ep to encourage a more aggressive, kamikaze type playstyle. This can be accomplished by either using Heaven's Wrath, which significantly aids the team's damage dealing, or by switching into an offensive Ultraviolet Dance mode - the choice depends on the number of damage dealers in squad, among other factors. This tactic is particularly useful when the ep's team is fighting against a group that is more tanky than it can deal damage. In case the opposing team switches to more offensive builds or otherwise begins to be more of a threat, the ep can always switch back to being a healer.

What I have written here is by no means an exhaustive list of all the ways in which an ep can wield control over the entire battlefield. A dedicated player with a developed skill of strategical thinking should be able to utilize the ep's in such a way that their ep's role is no longer limited to keeping the rest of the squad alive and buffed. With effective communication and an intelligent use of the skills they have, an ep can become the general and the master of life and death that decides about the fate of the soldiers.

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
I agree, healer eps are incredibly important in pvp and it is a challenge to play them right.

LOL where is playing cleric challenging here? everyone can play cleric with instacast gear... go to pwi make a cleric there with under -40% channeling and no r999 gear then u know what challenging gameplay is
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline zRainx

• zRainx#5434
+ because charms are no good

Offline Death

• Old Player
LOL where is playing cleric challenging here? everyone can play cleric with instacast gear... go to pwi make a cleric there with under -40% channeling and no r999 gear then u know what challenging gameplay is
Bro, did you even read past the first sentence?  :-[

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
Bro, did you even read past the first sentence?  :-[

no cause didnt want to waste time reading after such a sentence
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

eternalagony23

top gun suggestion  :-X

Offline Death

• Old Player
no cause didnt want to waste time reading after such a sentence
The entire point of the post was that playing an ep is more than just hanging around your team and spamming CHB. I agree that it's easy to be a somewhat decent ep, but if you want to be really useful and not to get bored you'll need some brains instead of rerolling to another class because you can't wrap your mind around the idea that eps have more than 3 skills  :police: