Epic Perfect World

How to switch between gears with Razer hardware made by Areashii

Offline ♡Hermaphrodite♡

• Zoop
  • Characters: Hermaphrodite | Cadge
  • Faction: Silence
No, you and people DD YOU KNOW die every few seconds, because dont know how to survive with your class skills. The only stuff i change in fight is my weapon, only unskilled ppl go this new 2k15 way of camp def like nerd, instead of rely on skills. Hardly supported evidence doesnt exist, exacts area is, right or wrong, go to college teenager, internet cant teach u real knowledge.
I know you're a guildmate but I have say that you once told me that +Durability on weapon is good and now you talk of surviving? Mang.

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
I know you're a guildmate but I have say that you once told me that +Durability on weapon is good and now you talk of surviving? Mang.

Irony exists.

My damage log collection NEW

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules
Every new patches gm made lots of opportunities to easier this game, now they should put pills on macros lmfo
just play, have fun enjoy game  :police:

Offline zRainx

• zRainx#5434

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
Not that it isn't smart but how is going and paying a buttload of money to be able to do that just to get a tiny advantage not desperate?
Ppl talk about tryharding when someone 2 Sparks lol what is this then?

Don't need to pay a buttload of money for a keyboard with few extra programmable macro keys, there are plenty of generic brands manufactcuring such keyboards at a fraction of the price of what razer products cost if finance is the only thing stopping anyone from using such keyboards. Also, there are free software's out which can turn any key in your $10 keyboard into a macro key.

Utilising your available resource more efficiently does not make you desperate. Switching gears isn't the only use of a macro key either. i.e. adding pots or setting up 1 key macro on your mouse for a .2 second assist attack on squad lead and so many other possibilities. Not to mention people don't only play PW, there are other games that can also benefit from macro keys on your keyboard.

On another note, people ranting on about "skilled people don't switch gears" "Using macro is so tryhard" etc, etc. please git gud.  Switching gears at the right time take skills, whether you use macro or not. If you're not capable of making quick/right decisions with the added dynamics of changing gears into you gameplay and still doing well then great for you, except you could get even better if you learn how to switch gears. Ofc. you don't NEED defensive gear set anymore than you NEED that extra 10 stats on your ring engravement and so many other **** in game, but you work for it anyways.  Using macros on the other hand is no more tryhard than people farming their asses off to perfect their r8 stats on gears (by perfect i mean reroll atleast a dozen times again to replace that 1 odd stat from your almost perfectly statted piece).

We all do what we do because everyone's more or less competitive in this and any other game. Just because you aren't' utilising an available resource to gain that competitive edge doesn't make it an "only tryhard" thing.

Long story short, this is just a guide for people that are interested and/or are able to cope with the dynamics of macros incorporated in their gameplay. If it's not something you are interested in or able to comprehend then just move along, no need to make up for your disabilities by putting others down on the matter.

Every new patches gm made lots of opportunities to easier this game, now they should put pills on macros lmfo
just play, have fun enjoy game  :police:

just play, have fun enjoy game lel... Just playing and having fun in the game means pvp for alot of people which is quite competitive. Or else people wouldn't do half the work they do now to get their chars. ready down to the last engravement. So yes, pills on macros would assist those who enjoys the game and has fun being competitive on all aspects of the game. (not saying it's a must, but the option is there for those who wish and are able to utilise it)

#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
just play, have fun enjoy game lel... Just playing and having fun in the game means pvp for alot of people which is quite competitive. Or else people wouldn't do half the work they do now to get their chars. ready down to the last engravement. So yes, pills on macros would assist those who enjoys the game and has fun being competitive on all aspects of the game. (not saying it's a must, but the option is there for those who wish and are able to utilise it)
you gonna kill gms, now they have lots of homework

Offline SHINIGAMI

you gonna kill gms, now they have lots of homework

Where does GMs fit into this ? They don't have to do anything  :normal-43:

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
Where does GMs fit into this ? They don't have to do anything  :normal-43:
LMFO idk but they can do anything in this game,  :pig-9:

Offline SHINIGAMI

LMFO idk but they can do anything in this game,  :pig-9:

Don't post in threads if you don't bother to read the topic. No one asked the GMs to do anything, you'd know that if you  bothered to read.

FYI, the macros people are taking about here are not the same macros as the ingame macro mechanics.

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
Don't post in threads if you don't bother to read the topic. No one asked the GMs to do anything, you'd know that if you  bothered to read.

FYI, the macros people are taking about here are not the same macros as the ingame macro mechanics.
nvm i don't have lots of time to scroll up up and up in this thread, ppls asked gm or not idc, So yes, pills on macros would assist those who enjoys the game and has fun being competitive on all aspects of the game. idk who says,
anyway i'm out from this topic,

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
so basically this is a way to make ur keyboard play 50% of the 'game' for u

Offline SHINIGAMI

so basically this is a way to make ur keyboard play 50% of the 'game' for u

Unless your keyboard is powered by Jarvis or Ultron, no. You still do all the thinking, kiting, etc. etc. in coming to a conclusion of your "game". Keyboard is just a tool, how well you use it is up to you. Also you can't do much with it anyways in pvp, as you have to make and change your decisions on the fly. Only thing i use it for is Assist attacking on squad lead. Which marginally helps by letting me use 1 key on my mouse to assist attack on squad lead rather than hitting two lel, even then my constant 1k+ ping makes up for it.

Others may use it for example; to change 5 pieces of gear with 1 button almost simultaneously, which barely helps as you can change all 5 pieces within a second or two even without the macro. Also there's the fact (depending on how you program the macro) you can accidentally hit the macro twice due to lag or w/e and end up butt naked during a 1v1 or something.

*So basically this barely/marginally helps cut down the time between your reaction and the game server logging in a response. It's not necessary, but it's there if you wish to use it. If i have to put a random % to make my statement, i'd say it lets your keyboard "assist" you 1-2% with your "game".

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Unless your keyboard is powered by Jarvis or Ultron, no. You still do all the thinking, kiting, etc. etc. in coming to a conclusion of your "game". Keyboard is just a tool, how well you use it is up to you. Also you can't do much with it anyways in pvp, as you have to make and change your decisions on the fly. Only thing i use it for is Assist attacking on squad lead. Which marginally helps by letting me use 1 key on my mouse to assist attack on squad lead rather than hitting two lel, even then my constant 1k+ ping makes up for it.

Others may use it for example; to change 5 pieces of gear with 1 button almost simultaneously, which barely helps as you can change all 5 pieces within a second or two even without the macro. Also there's the fact (depending on how you program the macro) you can accidentally hit the macro twice due to lag or w/e and end up butt naked during a 1v1 or something.

*So basically this barely/marginally helps cut down the time between your reaction and the game server logging in a response. It's not necessary, but it's there if you wish to use it. If i have to put a random % to make my statement, i'd say it lets your keyboard "assist" you 1-2% with your "game".
here u are kinda wrong
a gear macro lets u change all 5 pieces(or 4) at same time in 0,1 or less of a second and the gears dont actually have to be on the 1st row of skillbar
while for me, to change gears i actually click f1-f4 and it does take time. my gears use the important keys that i could use for sparks, cc skills and so on or even pots
the macro actually gives u an advantage since i tried once and it was just too easy to dive in, kill, camp, kill, camp considering the switch was made just by pressing the key F in an instant ...(not razer or any gaming keyboard, just a software that controlled keyboard moves creating a macro with no delay)
its op regardless of the class
js

Offline SHINIGAMI

here u are kinda wrong
a gear macro lets u change all 5 pieces(or 4) at same time in 0,1 or less of a second and the gears dont actually have to be on the 1st row of skillbar
while for me, to change gears i actually click f1-f4 and it does take time. my gears use the important keys that i could use for sparks, cc skills and so on or even pots
the macro actually gives u an advantage since i tried once and it was just too easy to dive in, kill, camp, kill, camp considering the switch was made just by pressing the key F in an instant ...(not razer or any gaming keyboard, just a software that controlled keyboard moves creating a macro with no delay)
its op regardless of the class
js

The advantage is still marginal, it still doesn't take longer than 2 seconds at most to swap all those gears even if you use your mouse to do it manually from the skill bar even with my ping.

People use the term "it was just too easy so i don't do it" too lightly imo.

At the end of the day it has its pros and cons, i'm sure in your case the cons did not favor your playstyle so you don't use it anymore (which was the case with me atleast, my ever so fluctuating high ping got me killed half the times i used any macros, hence i only use it to AA now and maybe pots on my barb during TW). This is just a guide for those that wish to give it a go to see if it suits them if they are interested that is. Everyone has different preference and game-play. If it really is that easy and OP i'm sure more people would be using it and dominating all those "skilled players" at the press of a button. That however is not the case, these macros marginally help and the player in front of the keyboard is the only factor in deciding the victor. As those that do use it are not really doing noticeably any better than those that don't use them.

Anyways, all i'm saying is there's no reason to look down on players that use it. It doesn't make them immortals nor does it make them particularly OP beyond any decent player.
Last Edit: Apr 28, 2015, 08:42 am by SHINIGAMI