Epic Perfect World

Stealth vs Shadow

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
First off, I want to thank you for making the thread :tiger-40:. Since I main a Psychic, I just have to give my own input.

To begin with, the "spammability" mentioned numerous times by people is completely invalid since the skill itself has a 5 minute cooldown and cost 3 sparks worth of chi to cast. How often will a Psychic be able to use the skill once it has been used? The answer: Zero. Beside that, it seems there is some misunderstanding about the term "spammable". For clarification purposes, a spammable skill refers to a skill that can be used every few seconds (1 - 6). This skill in particular doesn't have that "spammability" luxury. For those that actually know about and fight Psychics, how often will you say Shroud of Shadows is actually used? Think about it for a sec.

Secondly, Shroud of Shadows quote "Engulf yourself in a cloud of the blackest darkness, obscuring vision and preventing all squad members within 12 meters from being targeted by enemies. Lasts from 5 to 9 seconds" http://ecatomb.epicpw.com/skills-class.html for more info. What this does in an instance of PvP, where the skill has been casted on the party, is that it makes the party members within the cast range unable to be targeted. Therefore, the caster and anyone affected by the skill cannot receive heals (excluding self heals) nor AA privileges. This is the reason why Assassin Share the Stealth is preferred in group PvP over Psychic Shroud of Shadows. It is mainly used as a last ditch effort for survival, nothing more. After that, the Psychic is back to playing as a turtle (if they survived) and camping White Voodo until Pangu knows when :rolleyes:.

Additionally, for those arguing that this skill is OP because of so and so....are you telling me that you cannot hold your own against a Psychic for 5 - 9 seconds? Especially with a Psychic that has jumped to White Voodo? Assuming that is the case since the Psychic will most likely be trying to survive. Also, it is not a stealth skill since you really aren't in a state of stealth. Other people can see where you run off to (which most likely won't be far) and chase after you...This is pretty damn hilarious if you've ever witnessed it happen before :normal-2: . Not to mention the 5 - 9 second duration isn't something to feel secure about.

Furthermore, this thread wasn't suggested to reduce the cool down of said skill but to minimize the chi cost. I personally wouldn't mind the cool down time being reduced but that's beside the point.

When you actually think about, every race has skills that mimics it's opposite class. Yet, Psychics are at such a disadvantage against sins and other classes. I don't see anything a Psychic has in common with a sin bedsides the stealth...and that's still sad lol. But that is another topic.

To conclude, I vote in favor of this suggestion. The skill is rarely ever used, it isn't "spammable" nor will it be as claimed by others, and it in no way poses a dramatic disadvantage for any other class.

So +1.

Loved the essay, would read it again.

+1 to suggestion. It's not a spammable skill. Using it every 5 minutes at the cost of 1 spark seems reasonable for a skill that lasts upto 9 seconds. As mentioned by the gentleman above the skill has it's downsides too for the user in mass pk. Another reason for this would be to make it atleast viable as at the moment you'll barely use it other than in certain event based pvp. I don't even remember the last time i used it honestly, it's collecting dust in my skill bar as when i REALLY need to use the skill i don't have the 3 sparks to use it :/.
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
Man. '-'

I don't even like mentalista but i gotta agree with him here lol. It's not that psychics are weak... Take a look at your gears then maybe you'll realize it's not psychics that are weak, it's your gears that are disgustingly broken.

U dont like me because u are a rebel son, but me as father tideborn love all you my sons.

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules
So, what is final result positive or negative?? any gms plzzz  :normal-9:

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
So, what is final result positive or negative?? any gms plzzz  :normal-9:
^

i'd rly love for this to cost 2 sparks instead of 3.
Are there even any other Skills costing 3 sparks? (Are there? I'm actually rly asking -  i wouldn't know for sure since i havent really played all classes.) Besides that one bm Skill but that one gives sparks back. Couldn't we do that here too? Let the skill cost 3 sparks but give back 1 once the effect runs off?

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
^

(Are there? I'm actually rly asking -  i wouldn't know for sure since i havent really played all classes.) Besides that one bm Skill but that one gives sparks back. Couldn't we do that here too? Let the skill cost 3 sparks but give back 1 once the effect runs off?

idk maybe wizzy have,,

Offline Death

• Old Player
^

i'd rly love for this to cost 2 sparks instead of 3.
Are there even any other Skills costing 3 sparks? (Are there? I'm actually rly asking -  i wouldn't know for sure since i havent really played all classes.) Besides that one bm Skill but that one gives sparks back. Couldn't we do that here too? Let the skill cost 3 sparks but give back 1 once the effect runs off?

Yes, double sparked shackle...  :-[

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
well my opinion about this.. is to make it working same as blade tornado ? casting is 3spark but gives you 2spark back by time  :monkey-16:

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
well my opinion about this.. is to make it working same as blade tornado ? casting is 3spark but gives you 2spark back by time  :monkey-16:
this is best suggestion so far

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
this is best suggestion so far

Self quoter

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent
i agree with this nubbie

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
  • Faction: Ducks
You are reaching max level of SB. But yeah, this sounds like a good idea if aga can make it work somehow

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran

Wow fmp so smart, can read and repeat what other have said. Now go and find a shirt and  i'll consider you god <3

Offline Mάx

• Inactive

Smart fmp  :police:

Offline Skorge

• Sentinel
  • Retired is me,Retarded is you
  • Characters: Skorge
-1 because you can attack whilst being intargetable where as if you attack while stealthed you get revealed
may be seen checking forums at times of boredom and nothingness to do

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
-1 because you can attack whilst being intargetable where as if you attack while stealthed you get revealed

Shut up skorge.