Epic Perfect World

Stealth vs Shadow

Sero

First off, I want to thank you for making the thread :tiger-40:. Since I main a Psychic, I just have to give my own input.

To begin with, the "spammability" mentioned numerous times by people is completely invalid since the skill itself has a 5 minute cooldown and cost 3 sparks worth of chi to cast. How often will a Psychic be able to use the skill once it has been used? The answer: Zero. Beside that, it seems there is some misunderstanding about the term "spammable". For clarification purposes, a spammable skill refers to a skill that can be used every few seconds (1 - 6). This skill in particular doesn't have that "spammability" luxury. For those that actually know about and fight Psychics, how often will you say Shroud of Shadows is actually used? Think about it for a sec.

Secondly, Shroud of Shadows quote "Engulf yourself in a cloud of the blackest darkness, obscuring vision and preventing all squad members within 12 meters from being targeted by enemies. Lasts from 5 to 9 seconds" http://ecatomb.epicpw.com/skills-class.html for more info. What this does in an instance of PvP, where the skill has been casted on the party, is that it makes the party members within the cast range unable to be targeted. Therefore, the caster and anyone affected by the skill cannot receive heals (excluding self heals) nor AA privileges. This is the reason why Assassin Share the Stealth is preferred in group PvP over Psychic Shroud of Shadows. It is mainly used as a last ditch effort for survival, nothing more. After that, the Psychic is back to playing as a turtle (if they survived) and camping White Voodo until Pangu knows when :rolleyes:.

Additionally, for those arguing that this skill is OP because of so and so....are you telling me that you cannot hold your own against a Psychic for 5 - 9 seconds? Especially with a Psychic that has jumped to White Voodo? Assuming that is the case since the Psychic will most likely be trying to survive. Also, it is not a stealth skill since you really aren't in a state of stealth. Other people can see where you run off to (which most likely won't be far) and chase after you...This is pretty damn hilarious if you've ever witnessed it happen before :normal-2: . Not to mention the 5 - 9 second duration isn't something to feel secure about.

Furthermore, this thread wasn't suggested to reduce the cool down of said skill but to minimize the chi cost. I personally wouldn't mind the cool down time being reduced but that's beside the point.

When you actually think about, every race has skills that mimics it's opposite class. Yet, Psychics are at such a disadvantage against sins and other classes. I don't see anything a Psychic has in common with a sin bedsides the stealth...and that's still sad lol. But that is another topic.

To conclude, I vote in favor of this suggestion. The skill is rarely ever used, it isn't "spammable" nor will it be as claimed by others, and it in no way poses a dramatic disadvantage for any other class.

So +1.
Last Edit: Apr 10, 2015, 12:09 am by Sero

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
First off, I want to thank you for making the thread :tiger-40:. Since I main a Psychic, I just have to give my own input.

To begin with, the "spammability" mentioned numerous times by people is completely invalid since the skill itself has a 5 minute cooldown and cost 3 sparks worth of chi to cast. How often will a Psychic be able to use the skill once it has been used? The answer: Zero. Beside that, it seems there is some misunderstanding about the term "spammable". For clarification purposes, a spammable skill refers to a skill that can be used every few seconds (1 - 6). This skill in particular doesn't have that "spammability" luxury. For those that actually know about and fight Psychics, how often will you say Shroud of Shadows is actually used? Think about it for a sec.

Secondly, Shroud of Shadows quote "Engulf yourself in a cloud of the blackest darkness, obscuring vision and preventing all squad members within 12 meters from being targeted by enemies. Lasts from 5 to 9 seconds" http://ecatomb.epicpw.com/skills-class.html for more info. What this does in an instance of PvP, where the skill has been casted on the party, is that it makes the party members within the cast range unable to be targeted. Therefore, the caster and anyone affected by the skill cannot receive heals (excluding self heals) nor AA privileges. This is the reason why Assassin Share the Stealth is preferred in group PvP or Psychic Shroud of Shadows. It is mainly used as a last ditch effort for survival, nothing more. After that, the Psychic is back to playing as a turtle (if they survived) and camping White Voodo until Pangu knows when :rolleyes:.

Additionally, for those arguing that this skill is OP because of so and so....are you telling me that you cannot hold your own against a Psychic for 5 - 9 seconds? Especially with a Psychic that has jumped to White Voodo? Assuming that is the case since the Psychic will most likely be trying to survive. Also, it is not a stealth skill since you really aren't in a state of stealth. Other people can see where you run off to (which most likely won't be far) and chase after you...This is pretty damn hilarious if you've ever witnessed it happen before :normal-2: . Not to mention the 5 - 9 second duration isn't something to feel secure about.

Furthermore, this thread wasn't suggested to reduce the cool down of said skill but to minimize the chi cost. I personally wouldn't mind the cool down time being reduced but that's beside the point.

When you actually think about, every race has skills that mimics it's opposite class. Yet, Psychics are at such a disadvantage against sins and other classes. I don't see anything a Psychic has in common with a sin bedsides the stealth...and that's still sad lol. But that is another topic.

To conclude, I vote in favor of this suggestion. The skill is rarely ever used, it isn't "spammable" nor will it be as claimed by others, and it in no way poses a dramatic disadvantage for any other class.

So +1.

God-Tier Logical Reply. Thank you sir for your contribution.

scatterer3

Secondly, Shroud of Shadows quote "Engulf yourself in a cloud of the blackest darkness, obscuring vision and preventing all squad members within 12 meters from being targeted by enemies. Lasts from 5 to 9 seconds" http://ecatomb.epicpw.com/skills-class.html for more info. What this does in an instance of PvP, where the skill has been casted on the party, is that it makes the party members within the cast range unable to be targeted. Therefore, the caster and anyone affected by the skill cannot receive heals (excluding self heals) nor AA privileges. This is the reason why Assassin Share the Stealth is preferred in group PvP over Psychic Shroud of Shadows. It is mainly used as a last ditch effort for survival, nothing more. After that, the Psychic is back to playing as a turtle (if they survived) and camping White Voodo until Pangu knows when :rolleyes:.

So +1.

After all your main point is "SoShadow is a very useful survival skill which is very important because it can save us a lot with a 5 minute cooldown." For your information, Psychics got more than enough survival skills, and I suggest you to get a cleric instead if you need a squad supporter.

scatterer3

And I forgot to put this here:
I won't edit skills unless it's very necessary balance fix.

I don't think this is a very necessary balance fix.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
And I forgot to put this here:
I don't think this is a very necessary balance fix.

Yes because nerfing demon bramble was a necessary balance fix..? LOL?

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules

this ,

Offline Yangster

• ♥Yin is here♥
  • Do Not Disturb Unless いんよう, おんよう, おんみょう matter.
  • Characters: Batman, Iakeen, Meky
  • Faction: Family Leader
As sin I find psys too weak already, and in 10v10 they are the most useless class. +1 at least this might help them a bit.

Beatrice♥

+1, please lessen the chi cost of that skill :3 It cost 3 chi sparks compare to aoe stealth of a sin =/

This too =/
Last Edit: Apr 10, 2015, 03:10 am by Beatrice♥

scatterer3

You never know, I still don't have a clue why extreme fury stone was removed in first place.

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules
You never know, I still don't have a clue why extreme fury stone was removed in first place.
Extreme fury was OP, but if some one psyc, use shroud u can able to auto attack,

Offline Yangster

• ♥Yin is here♥
  • Do Not Disturb Unless いんよう, おんよう, おんみょう matter.
  • Characters: Batman, Iakeen, Meky
  • Faction: Family Leader
Quote from: Mάჯ
Extreme fury was OP, but if some one psyc, use shroud u can able to auto attack,
[/quote
Yea but move a bit the auto attacked stop.

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
As sin I find psys too weak already, and in 10v10 they are the most useless class. +1 at least this might help them a bit.

Ofc u find it weak class, 3 spark+F1 and hierobug psys in White voodoo, we weak or u are OP?  :-[

My damage log collection NEW

Offline iota

• Forum Veteran
Ofc u find it weak class, 3 spark+F1 and hierobug psys in White voodoo, we weak or u are OP?  :-[

Man. '-'

I don't even like mentalista but i gotta agree with him here lol. It's not that psychics are weak... Take a look at your gears then maybe you'll realize it's not psychics that are weak, it's your gears that are disgustingly broken.

Offline ABBADON

• Hi '-'
  • Characters: ???!?!
  • Faction: Xpendable, Artifex

So +1.

+1 m8, couldn't say it any better

IMFLUFFY- r8 demon barb
NOISIA- r8 sage psy
ABBADON- r8 demon bm
ASMODEUS- r8 sage seeker
Ascension- r8 sage sin
Krewella- r8 sage archer
ARKASIA- r8 demon veno
Realisation-r8 sage cleric
BreakNoise-r8 demon mystic

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
  • The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
  • Characters: Sadistic, Stiletto
+1 m8, couldn't say it any better
........LOL