Epic Perfect World

Sage is unfair

Offline Nexium

• #makeArmaGreatAgain
  • Characters: Nexi
  • Faction: UniferS <3
How many Succesful sage blademasters or sage wizards do you know? because i don't know any, and im guessing after attempting to main a sage BM, that it fails because of its lack of abilitys, and i know what you're thinking "theres nothing wrong with sage, sage is fine" but im finding it incredibly hard to play a sage blademaster. i cannot compete with the dark blademasters, and i dont want to be a dark blademaster, for a few reasons. one being i like the defence reduction with third spark, and how im not the same as every other blademaster because im actually holy, Do i have to be a Dark Blademaster to be good? With my magic marrow on, and nothing but self buffs, i can take 9 or so shots from the standed auto attack from an archer and im dead. if i don't use the marrow i can take 2 shots of phy dmg and 3 shots of magic from and archer and im dead, but i watch dark BM's buff mid battle. and they survive mojority of the time. unless that archer sparks or use's another skill combined. (EG. blood vow) and i've been told by a few people it's the same for sage wizard. it's no good for pvp. so im asking for help, because i dont want to play dark like everyone else, and im useless in pvp pretty much, am i doing something wrong? i'd like to know if i am because ill change what im doing. or is it my gear? i have all the highest armor's i could get. (eg. R8, Warsong, Cube, SAR, ASS,) or is this how the server is for holy bm, useless for pvp. let me know in the comments please.

Offline Suns

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forever QTest GM
  • ✿ ♥ ☼ ✼ ❣ ❁
  • Characters: Fire | Sunflower | Sunshine
  • Faction: EPW_Team
It's the same as how sage assassins are/were considered almost useless compared to demon assassins on PWI.  With different balances on different servers, some classes and builds will always fall short.

Now I have seen several sage blade masters and wizards do very well in pvp. Their gear may have been different than yours too. Just keep practicing and don't try to play the same as demon blade masters.

Take care, lovelies! ♥

Guides | Rules | Helpdesk | Staff | Stream
- - -
Keep your face towards the sun and every shadow will fall behind you.

Offline Nexium

• #makeArmaGreatAgain
well i did some reserching and the only way for a sage blademaster to compare to a dark blademaster, is to have -5 intervel 3 times in thier wrist ( because they cannot get intervel like other classes in the chest) and the r8 weapon to have -5 intervel 3 times in it(Fist) only then, with the ASR, Str tome. will it be fast enough. another pay to win stratigy im guessing

Offline Suns

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forever QTest GM
  • ✿ ♥ ☼ ✼ ❣ ❁
  • Characters: Fire | Sunflower | Sunshine
  • Faction: EPW_Team
From what I have seen, sage blade masters stick to DPH and support. If you are wanting to APS, then you may need to stick with Dragon gears along with 90% of the other bms that do APS.

While you are able to donate here, this is not a Pay-To-Win server. There are plenty of players who do well without donating a single cent. There are plenty of players who also do well because of donations. Donations are not required to be successful here. Do events, both GM and automated, as well as farming, and you can get great gear easily.

Take care, lovelies! ♥

Guides | Rules | Helpdesk | Staff | Stream
- - -
Keep your face towards the sun and every shadow will fall behind you.

Offline Nexium

• #makeArmaGreatAgain
i've been DPH build. for along time because sage is crap for pvp otherwise. and the only things i can kill are magic classes. while this worked good. for magic classes. it cannot support a battle vs phy classes. due to i cannot hit them. if i put dex on, i can no longer kill magic classes. also, why is it, a blademaster cannot get intervel in anything but it's wrist when it comes to rank 8? ( weapons aside because i might aswel win the lotto if i want -15 fist )

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
You expect too much.
It is not like you can not do that but you will need more than 1 set of gears.

As a bm you would want a r8 set with as much reduce mag dmg taken and def lvls on your weapon and ornaments as you can get to be tanky and a dragon aps set (some use light + heavy dragon armor mix for this) for dps or / and a strength r8 set for dph, ofc you want a other cape and ornaments for the DD sets than for the support set.
You might even want to restat your points depending on the occasion..

With only one set of gears neither the sage nor demon bm will be super tanky but also a awesome DD.

Offline Nexium

• #makeArmaGreatAgain
why don't sins and archers have to constantly change gear? blademasters have to because they cannot reach the right aps without it. leaving them easily killed. while sins forsay, can have alot of intervel, be tanky due to thier tidal, and sage or demon is both good with them. i mean, aparting there other OP abilitys but i won't mention those. im just curious about the gear

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
it's entirely possible to tank in a 1v1 as a wr with just dragon gear and a good def level weapon, you just can't attempt that if you're new to wr

it's not "unfair" if one class is more complicated than the other, you just have to learn it

also I thought this was about being sage wr, and if you want to reach "the right aps", you're better off going demon, especially if you are having difficulty surviving which is giving me the impression that you are new to the class

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
I want a boost in demon psy then.

My damage log collection NEW

Offline ZDiabloZ

• Old Player
the problem you having is sage sucks for BMs lol demon is best for them

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
its the same for barbs... most barbs just go demon to be aps monkeys.... but i love being a sage barb....
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline shaterd

• Old Player
  • Characters: Idaron/Millennium
I want a boost in demon psy then.

a boost in demon eas also, compared to sage skills and range we suck

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
i never seen any ep that can be fast on supporting as demon...  :rolleyes:

DeadPolii

sage BM used mainly for DPH and support style and it can be very good if u get good gear,u can be tank and u can be DD.u can be vit BM and u can be full str in sage depends what u want and u can switch between 2 gear sets when u need.

Demon BM used mainly for APS and DD,as demon ur squishy as any sin here,but u can tank but not good tank as sage.Getting Aps is very hard on r8 gear also u will need to work for it at least double int on 2 piece of r8 gear and the rest for ur choice,depends what weapon u will use.
same here,u can switch between dragon gear and fist to other gear set for exmaple def gear etc etc.

BM is awesome char,dont understimate it ;D sage or demon,they are both good...

Offline iota

• Forum Veteran
Demon BM used mainly for APS and DD,as demon ur squishy as any sin here,but u can tank but not good tank as sage.Getting Aps is very hard on r8 gear also u will need to work for it at least double int on 2 piece of r8 gear and the rest for ur choice,depends what weapon u will use.
same here,u can switch between dragon gear and fist to other gear set for exmaple def gear etc etc.

Don't bother trying to help people if you don't know shiit about the class or game in general.