Epic Perfect World

Occult Ice Nerfed?

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

  • Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex


Occult Ice: "Every 2 Genie Strength points increases success rate by 1%"

Genie Strength Points: 120

Baseline Proc % of Skill: 30%

120/2=60

60+30=90

90% chance of skill Proc on target.

Alright, now anyone with a brain will tell you that 90% chance is pretty much going to proc every single time the skill is used. However, I find myself having this skill not proc a lot of the time I use it, making it extremely unreliable. This mathematically makes no sense unless the skill was edited itself. 10% chance is extremely low compared to the opposing 90% chance, was this skill nerfed on EPW?
I never had this problem before by my knowledge.

Feedback appreciated.

D34DP00L



Occult Ice: "Every 2 Genie Strength points increases success rate by 1%"

Genie Strength Points: 120

Baseline Proc % of Skill: 30%

120/2=60

60+30=90

90% chance of skill Proc on target.

Alright, now anyone with a brain will tell you that 90% chance is pretty much going to proc every single time the skill is used. However, I find myself having this skill not proc a lot of the time I use it, making it extremely unreliable. This mathematically makes no sense unless the skill was edited itself. 10% chance is extremely low compared to the opposing 90% chance, was this skill nerfed on EPW?
I never had this problem before by my knowledge.

Feedback appreciated.

Nah brah, you just got the luck of a no legged guy ina marathon.

Online IceNiki

  • Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Charlize
90% is 90%
Archer stun can land hit and not stun also

Offline Rev the Emperor

  • Outcasts✰
  • Most known PW player across whole PW Community ( I played this game when u were 12, 2008 )
  • Characters: TenEik Bloodfeast Ancestor
  • Faction: Outcasts☆神界
90% is 90%
Archer stun can land hit and not stun also
O OO O O RILIIIIII

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

  • Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
90% is 90%
Archer stun can land hit and not stun also

Yeah, but it seems like something is seriously affecting the proc of the skill. Besides using Fortify or Anti-Stun. Do genie skills not proc when on their maximum range? I've failed OI proc over 2 times in a row once, with them having no anti stun on.

It's either my luck is extremely terrible or theres other factors at play.

Update:

After testing the skill with the target also standing still, the amount of Procs/10 is 9-1

The one time it failed was when target was moving. Coincidence?
Last Edit: Mar 24, 2015, 06:50 pm by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline ßuster

  • Luffy
  • Tsukuyomi Sharingan

Offline Ħǎᵯɨɖ ᴙ€ᵶⱥ

  • Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Arestatist
get 140 str = 100% ez game

Offline C

  • Forum Veteran
Yeah, but it seems like something is seriously affecting the proc of the skill. Besides using Fortify or Anti-Stun. Do genie skills not proc when on their maximum range? I've failed OI proc over 2 times in a row once, with them having no anti stun on.

It's either my luck is extremely terrible or theres other factors at play.

Update:

After testing the skill with the target also standing still, the amount of Procs/10 is 9-1

The one time it failed was when target was moving. Coincidence?

Online Nea

  • Game Master
  • M♥
  • Mana was here♥ hai hai
  • Characters: Nea
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Its still a luck based skill
as long as that was a genie skill added to give people A CHANCE to stun
it never says its '100% chance to stun'
its 30% from start
Badge of courage ain't 100% either, u have to put dex to a point to make it that way
considering that the occult lasts pretty long and is pretty spammable i find it a good thingie
it didnt get any nerf, u just have to realise its not meant to be 100%

Offline Deno

  • Hollywood Undead
Play 140 str genie and you won't have OI luck problems :)

Offline Drag Queer

  • Queerio
  • yass queen slay
  • Characters: Faggattini
  • Faction: 100Homos
My 90% stun fails on more ocasion than it works, if you want 100% go 140 str and stop crying

Offline Lolly

  • Forum Veteran
My old genie had 148 str, was bestie.

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline Noobward

  • Nid to git gut
  • I dont sell Custom Weapons
  • Characters: Noobward and Alts
  • Faction: ?!?
yes i agree nerf occult ice +1

 :monkey-1: :monkey-47:

Vegas

My 90% stun fails on more ocasion than it works, if you want 100% go 140 str and stop crying

This. My 100 dex genie didn't work either because it failed like 25% of the time

Offline Animassacre

  • Forum Veteran
  • Characters: War
i would say +1 for this but idc about proc rate of occult dude i only want to say dat occult ice CD is low as fck... i've seen seekers/wbs to spamm it on me like "wtf where CD" ?