Epic Perfect World

Poll

Hm? What's your opinion

Yes
No
Perhaps, if aga puts his own 'other' options

Engrave methods

Offline Hess

I am gonna have to agree with roomi and ruse here.
Desire. Discipline. Dedication.

Sero

+1
I have a few rings and ornaments I wanted to try engraving but since I lacked the ST I could never get to it. Nation wars don't help much either if you're almost always in the losing nation :-X. Besides that, farming events only gets you so far before you become totally stuck. Hope your ideas are implemented because they are really good suggestions  :tiger-42:.

Offline WorldsApart

• WorldsApart
  • You lost because you had me as your opponent. -Rob
  • Characters: WorldsApart
  • Faction: Ducks
+11111 100% agreed that not everyone has time for NW and some other events. I hope GMs would implement this to game.
:tiger-40: QUACK QUACK QUACK :tiger-40:

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
It's the opposite, I am glad that you realized it's a necessity and call it purposely "luxurious". I hope you're aware that you're contradicting yourself whenever you write both at the same time. - constructive advice.

People like myself will still have to work their asses for it, because I don't posses 35 chars, I don't regularly attend Ares event or any other ST rewarding event. With two chars it's pretty hard. You do the math with Asian style farming level and ignore people from my rank which posses two active chars and play them regularly but don't get every Saturday a free cube necklace and 20-30 ET's daily. For those who enjoy farming, this additional way won't prevent them from doing so. In fact, we got R8r which consumes more money than engraves and people won't stop donating or farming, so the server will remain profitable. And the market will be balanced, it went from max. 4,000 EC items to 150,000 EC items which is ridiculous. I agree on making clean ornaments much more expensive and reduce the price of engraved ones.
You don't seem to realise that ever since obtaining Damascene Ores was made easier by exchanging ST + ET for it, nobody (except REALLY desperate people like me sometimes) exchange pure ec for Damas.  Comparing 1.5 years ago when everyone had to trade ECs for damas therefore there was less EC on the market => prices were loser, to now, where nobody uses EC to exchange for Damas anymore => more EC on the market => prices grow. It's obvious that an item will cost 40k ec. Compare the times when prices were cheaper and how hard was to get EC to now, when it's alot easier and obviously it makes the prices grow.
There's no need to implement another way of engraving, however reducing its cost by like 10-15 ST like Ruin ( mail me ec) said, isn't a bad idea.
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
You don't seem to realise that ever since obtaining Damascene Ores was made easier by exchanging ST + ET for it, nobody (except REALLY desperate people like me sometimes) exchange pure ec for Damas.  Comparing 1.5 years ago when everyone had to trade ECs for damas therefore there was less EC on the market => prices were loser, to now, where nobody uses EC to exchange for Damas anymore => more EC on the market => prices grow. It's obvious that an item will cost 40k ec. Compare the times when prices were cheaper and how hard was to get EC to now, when it's alot easier and obviously it makes the prices grow.
There's no need to implement another way of engraving, however reducing its cost by like 10-15 ST like Ruin ( mail me ec) said, isn't a bad idea.
I actually use ec for damas quite a bit, saving 2-3 ec per dama rly isnt worth the hassle of having to deal with people.
Also maybe people would spend some more ec on damas again if they would be using their ET's for engraving.
I don't really care if prices drop a bit, sure selling decent rolls that are just not what I want is my main income but eh i'd still rather be able to roll a bit more often, very good rolls still wouldn't be cheap anyhow. I like ruins idea too though, that sounds reasonable.

Offline Skorge

• Sentinel
  • Retired is me,Retarded is you
  • Characters: Skorge
-1, I get what you mean getting the supplies is difficult cause most people dun got time to do em. However theres morai where if you got like what? 200 alts like some people do, in 3 weeks they got 200 engraves for neck/belt. This **** isn't meant to be made easier, making it 50 ancient emblems is literally nothing much, people can just buy good engraves with that but getting like 9k emblems or something. You also got BH where every 2 days = 60 ST for engraves, NW where you might get 4-5 engraves for neck/belt given you have a good nation which is literally frost right now. And besides engraves are like a side project once you're done with your r8r.

Now, where you mean Event tokens, that isn't half bad idea considering we can conver them into ST and ofc they aint tradeable. Can't farm em, and some people got em lying around.

There are some points which are reasonable, but some aren't, only thing i would +1 to is the ET for engraves, not WWI/Cogs/Ancient Emblems, cause all that **** is buyable and ruins the point of working on the engraves by taking your time and farming the ST for it, cause there are people that got like 500+ of those things. ET is different cause that **** is stable.

I'm not good with economy on epic mainly cause i dun buy or sell stuff often, so idk if my opinion matters much. I'm just basing this off of the effort a person puts into getting the engraves.
Event tokens can be farmed in morai, so take the example of 200 alts for morai, that's 200 belt/neck Engraves per week? Not mentioning if you were to stack rewards for 3 week.

200 x (3x(1 event token + 20 supply tokens)) => 600 event tokens and 12000 supply tokens... That's in 3 weeks, you can do 600 engraves with tokens and 200 with supply

Just think about that and let it sink in
may be seen checking forums at times of boredom and nothingness to do

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
Event tokens can be farmed in morai, so take the example of 200 alts for morai, that's 200 belt/neck Engraves per week? Not mentioning if you were to stack rewards for 3 week.

200 x (3x(1 event token + 20 supply tokens)) => 600 event tokens and 12000 supply tokens... That's in 3 weeks, you can do 600 engraves with tokens and 200 with supply

Some people also do TW's on Saturdays.

Offline AuH.s.n

• SnE
  • 80% of success is showing up.
+1 to the suggestion.
there should be an alternative for nw tokens.
not all can do nw for tokens and the tokens are not tradable, so ppl like me that dun want to stay awake till late midnight, and care about their health, should have an alternative method to engrave their stuffs.
and why u think it gonna hurt economy?
its not going to be free, it'll cost just as it'll be with nw token, just with other tradable stuffs.
so finally maybe i can engrave my rank8 ring again and spend more time playing.
Just DotA, For Ever, Till The End
I'm Not that Good
Maybe am in F*cking, But not at evrything!
زندگیمو میسازم، اونطوری که میخواهم

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow

yea i know, 200 alts with that many engraves is a lot, however, if there was a higher amount of ET required then thats different. Regardless if some person has the ability to do 200 alts in like 2 hours kudos to them cause wow daum, but now that you mention it does make sense more engraves. unless there is a higher amount of ET required to use engraves.

Offline gigachad

• Forum Veteran
-1, I dont think thats giving anything good to server I agreed with swane that ppls will get borred and also leave . But id suggest to use like r8 methods keep and take new( old stats ).

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
-1, I dont think thats giving anything good to server I agreed with swane that ppls will get borred and also leave . But id suggest to use like r8 methods keep and take new( old stats ).
that was suggested before and not possibe as much as i remember

Offline Nooby

• Nid to git gut
  • Modder
  • Characters: Noobward and Alts
  • Faction: ?!?
yes, please.
Id suggest beeing able to engrave with 100-130 obc per roll.
You still have to farm it but you can do whenever + more active ns.

Edit: actually... id make it more like 200-250 obc per roll.

:normal-37:  if anything then this = more active NS pvp and would not be "alt farming"

Offline Grab

• Old Player
  • Characters: Praeludium / Pharisees
  • Faction: Warning

scatterer3

I partly agree there. There is only one true source to get Supply Tokens, and even if you have a whole day free to play you won't go far, because Supply Tokens are mostly rewards of different events. And as a result the prices are higher.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
After reding all the posts i can come to a conclusion that many people have a point.
Some people can indeed farm a lot of ways mentioned here but some can't, some people can't even NW at all.
Now i see how it would screw the server implementing other ways of engraving, as said before, using other materials such as WWI would be a problem, people would just forget about NW since WWI is easier to get/farm, this when we are trying the opposite, we want to motivate people to PvP, to go NW, TW, etc...

The best way to farm ST's would be GM Events, we give ST's in most every single event, you just need to participate.

Increasing ST's from NW would be a problem. Advantage to those alrdy going and those who can't would still be in bad sheets.

I was thinking perhaps adding those other ways to engrave BUT make them hard as it is now for ST's.
What i mean is for example:
Add an NPC inside Cube where you could engrave Cube Neck with 2 CoG's (this would be 2 days for 1 engrave), it seems it would match (=) the same % as going to NW. So those who can't go to NW could still engrave at any time at least once each 2 days (per character).
The only change needed would be to make the CoG's untradable? (so i guess it would screw again the server since peolpe sell CoG's)
Ofc this would mean Friday's and Sunday's people who can attend to TW would be able to add the ST's engrave %, so around 3 or 4 more engraves in those 2 days.
I won't mention the other ways to get St' as Ruin mentioned,you can read her post, pretty self explanatory.

The other way would be the WWI but make it like brutaly hard to match the number of engraves per day, although with WWI is a bit more tricky, WWI you can farm non-stop so it would be bad to add this one.

Sadly i don't see this idea going in a good way, i always find disadvantages to it :/

Maybe the NS OBC's ? that one might work, need to think about it to see if we find any problem with it.