Yes
No
Perhaps, if aga puts his own 'other' options

Engrave methods

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
You were trying to say they are not necessary, not that adding multiple ways to get them will make it easier to get them, and the server won't die just because there is an other additional way to engrave your belts and necklaces, lol. Again, don't make such comparisons, you can live with dragon gear, but in the end, with full built, a complete set of such engraved ornaments will make a real difference. And because most aim for it, since it's necessary, there should be an other way for those who can't attend NW.

no... I'm not saying they are not necessary, I'm saying it's not necessary to make it easier, which is what I've been trying to say in almost every single one of my posts

yes I realize it will make a difference, I've said that repeatedly over and over again

I really don't know how to put it any other way, but I'll try again I guess

Making gear easier to get is good (I mean specifically r8 gear), which has been happening on this server for a while because PKing with good gear is necessary to actually get somewhere in this game.  It's not handed to you, of course, because that's one of the main reasons people still play on this server.  But getting the perfect engraves is not something that needs to be made easier (by increasing the ways to do it) because that, while it makes a difference, is not something so incredibly necessary that you need to make it into something easy to achieve

EDIT:  I'll include what Kiddo said before, this is supposed to be a "luxury" that you work for, not easy to get.  it's supposed to be hard work and expensive to actually reach
Last Edit: Mar 17, 2015, 11:41 pm by Roomi

Offline Soorows

• Lina
  • What doesn't kill you has another chance at killing you
  • Characters: Liina_
  • Faction: Crown
no... I'm not saying they are not necessary, I'm saying it's not necessary to make it easier, which is what I've been trying to say in almost every single one of my posts

yes I realize it will make a difference, I've said that repeatedly over and over again

Making gear easier to get is good (I mean specifically r8 gear), which has been happening on this server for a while because PKing with good gear is necessary to actually get somewhere in this game.  It's not handed to you, of course, because that's one of the main reasons people still play on this server.  But getting the perfect engraves is not something that needs to be made easier (by increasing the ways to do it) because that, while it makes a difference, is not something so incredibly necessary that you need to make it into something easy to achieve

+1 also there are ppl that sometimes can pk with sh*t engraves better than the ones who have awesome good engraves on their ornaments.

Offline (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Panda

• (● ̄(エ) ̄●)ゞテレテレ
yes, please.
Id suggest beeing able to engrave with 100-130 obc per roll.
You still have to farm it but you can do whenever + more active ns.

Edit: actually... id make it more like 200-250 obc per roll.

this sounds decent, that way there wont be any advantage for donaters which sell their gold for wwi or cogs. also farming NS isnt "Not everyone has the time or schedule fitting" scheduled and you dont have to spend 3h there
Last Edit: Mar 18, 2015, 12:21 am by ℋaɀeℒ

Offline caimdeath

• Hello! Mabuhay
  • I'm an Old Perfect World Player (FOR REAL)
  • Characters: QQvAlice
  • Faction: Respect
Just word of advise, if you add more additional way or easier way to get a good engraves, that'll just make the community ****ed up, I had seen many many many perfect world servers closed because of this or by just some OP community where you can LITERALLY get anything. My Opinion on Engraves is that it's just a "Pure Luck" you get good engraves or not, that's the end of the story line here no need to add or change anything. If you want this server to last long, i would've stick with the community and let them do the rest for the best. Sometimes adding more functions / options for the community to have a relaxing way to play isn't good( well, it's good for some and it's bad for others) but most people just leave the server and so. If I were to ask i would've create a new type of gear and acce. where getting it is either by working really hard for it or donating for it. and also don't forget to add luck as what i have seen in many perfect world servers i played.
Got Hacked and no chance of me recovering my account :( sad life goodbye epw

scatterer3

Not ST you can sell various things make EC then u can buy stuffs with engraves you like, Anyway that's just my opinion.

I don't think I should give greedy traders 180k EC, lol.

EDIT:  I'll include what Kiddo said before, this is supposed to be a "luxury" that you work for, not easy to get.  it's supposed to be hard work and expensive to actually reach

The idea is nice, and I like the way you changed your perspective:

they're a luxury you can get after working for them, they're not 100% necessary for survival or killing

So, isolating this level of equipment to show off and making it almost non-achievable by newbies grows the server's population or keeps it stable at least? Note, even keeping it stable is an achievement since people can get bored, and current obstacles increase with the flow of time, who would want to struggle for years in order to achieve something that 80% of the server has already? This is not the year 2013, friend. The most recent, fresh, example is a guy shouting on WC for people to do trophy mode with. I would think twice about it since it's not a game breaking suggestion but a lot of help for the newb.

I think the release of a new endgame item will help the server in general and not putting obstacles for the newbs.

Sero

+1 Good Idea imo :police:.

Offline Rumi

• x x x
The idea is nice, and I like the way you changed your perspective:

So, isolating this level of equipment to show off and making it almost non-achievable by newbies grows the server's population or keeps it stable at least? Note, even keeping it stable is an achievement since people can get bored, and current obstacles increase with the flow of time, who would want to struggle for years in order to achieve something that 80% of the server has already? This is not the year 2013, friend. The most recent, fresh, example is a guy shouting on WC for people to do trophy mode with. I would think twice about it since it's not a game breaking suggestion but a lot of help for the newb.

I think the release of a new endgame item will help the server in general and not putting obstacles for the newbs.

I never changed my perspective, you just have not been understanding what I was saying from the very beginning.  I just went really simple and explained it step by step and you eventually caught on.

no, again.. engraves are not completely necessary immediately

they're a luxury you can get after working for them, they're not 100% necessary for survival or killing

please note that I'm not saying engraves on orns are useless or don't make a difference at all.  they do, but it's not something entirely necessary like actual gear that you need to make it easier to get.  having a belt itself is more important than just +2 att level on it.

I'm trying to say, that it is something you don't need to make easier because you do not need it right away; you don't need it to be made easier by giving more ways to do it

several times I said this isn't something necessary to make easier, because you don't need it right away, you work for it

And no, it is definitely not "non-achievable".  So far you've been saying you're biggest problem is that you can't attend NW, so making orns available to engrave with WWI and cogs and such is the best solution.  But for the people who can attend NW and are also farming Ares and Morai now have such an increased chance to get good engraves on orns, which increases the amount of these orns with good engraves, which lowers the price, which leads to almost everyone having this end game gear, and then what?  Like I said before, the server has become steadily easy to farm, and already people are asking for more fun pve things to do.  If this is made even easier, people will get bored and starting finding new games to play.

For some people it can be difficult to get when they first come to server, but that's why they keep playing the game, to eventually reach that end point.

Which is exactly what people have been saying already in countless other posts.  Unless you'll say that I've just magically changed my perspective again.

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
tryhard roomi = no survivors.

Offline ʳᵘˢᵉ

• (ᵔᴥᵔ)
I'm gonna have to -1 it too, unfortunately. It's late so forgive the incoherence. Making ST's exchangeable for any of the ways mentioned seems like a market crashing OP change.

Don't get me wrong, engraving sucks(mostly because my luck is terrible, just like many others), but I really don't think this is the right change to it. A slight decrease in how many ST it takes to engrave belts and necks(40/50) I could support, possibly. However, there are several ways to farm them ST already, none of which are hard.

- BH gives 30 supply tokens per day per char? 2 days = 1 neck/belt engrave per toon. Most people have more than one char.

- Morai gives 20 supply tokens per char. 3 weeks = 1 neck/belt engrave per toon. 1 Saturday = 2 ring engraves per toon... Not everyone has 234234 chars, but some do. Myself(and Sebi) included.

- Kill quests give 6 and you can do it... 3 times a day? A miniscule amount, yes but it fills random st gap.

- GM events give up to 300? Even in Keep Away, for example, if you're on the losing team the reward's 100+. Once/twice a week is a few engraves.

- Even in the ****tiest nation if you do things properly and stay the full time
 you can usually get at least 250 ST. Still a few engraves at least per week.

-Random other ways to get ST like winter harbinger/tb quest/trivia npcs

TL;DR: In my opinion it's not going to change anything for 'new players' since they should focus on their r8 first and getting 'op' engraves later. As for us end game players who have 413123 toons to spam farm on, it's going to ruin(haha, get it?) all the things.

Last Edit: Mar 18, 2015, 02:09 am by Ruse

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
A slight decrease in how many ST it takes to engrave belts and necks(40/50) I could support, possibly.

This idea is good =)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules
I'm gonna have to -1 it too, unfortunately. It's late so forgive the incoherence. Making ST's exchangeable for any of the ways mentioned seems like a market crashing OP change.

Don't get me wrong, engraving sucks(mostly because my luck is terrible, just like many others), but I really don't think this is the right change to it. A slight decrease in how many ST it takes to engrave belts and necks(40/50) I could support, possibly. However, there are several ways to farm them ST already, none of which are hard.

- BH gives 30 supply tokens per day per char? 2 days = 1 neck/belt engrave per toon. Most people have more than one char.

- Morai gives 20 supply tokens per char. 3 weeks = 1 neck/belt engrave per toon. 1 Saturday = 2 ring engraves per toon... Not everyone has 234234 chars, but some do. Myself(and Sebi) included.

- Kill quests give 6 and you can do it... 3 times a day? A miniscule amount, yes but it fills random st gap.

- GM events give up to 300? Even in Keep Away, for example, if you're on the losing team the reward's 100+. Once/twice a week is a few engraves.

- Even in the ****tiest nation if you do things properly and stay the full time
 you can usually get at least 250 ST. Still a few engraves at least per week.

-Random other ways to get ST like winter harbinger/tb quest/trivia npcs

TL;DR: In my opinion it's not going to change anything for 'new players' since they should focus on their r8 first and getting 'op' engraves later. As for us end game players who have 413123 toons to spam farm on, it's going to ruin(haha, get it?) all the things.
This ....

scatterer3

I never changed my perspective, you just have not been understanding what I was saying from the very beginning.  I just went really simple and explained it step by step and you eventually caught on.

several times I said this isn't something necessary to make easier, because you don't need it right away, you work for it

And no, it is definitely not "non-achievable".  So far you've been saying you're biggest problem is that you can't attend NW, so making orns available to engrave with WWI and cogs and such is the best solution.  But for the people who can attend NW and are also farming Ares and Morai now have such an increased chance to get good engraves on orns, which increases the amount of these orns with good engraves, which lowers the price, which leads to almost everyone having this end game gear, and then what?  Like I said before, the server has become steadily easy to farm, and already people are asking for more fun pve things to do.  If this is made even easier, people will get bored and starting finding new games to play.

For some people it can be difficult to get when they first come to server, but that's why they keep playing the game, to eventually reach that end point.

Which is exactly what people have been saying already in countless other posts.  Unless you'll say that I've just magically changed my perspective again.

It's the opposite, I am glad that you realized it's a necessity and call it purposely "luxurious". I hope you're aware that you're contradicting yourself whenever you write both at the same time. - constructive advice.

People like myself will still have to work their asses for it, because I don't posses 35 chars, I don't regularly attend Ares event or any other ST rewarding event. With two chars it's pretty hard. You do the math with Asian style farming level and ignore people from my rank which posses two active chars and play them regularly but don't get every Saturday a free cube necklace and 20-30 ET's daily. For those who enjoy farming, this additional way won't prevent them from doing so. In fact, we got R8r which consumes more money than engraves and people won't stop donating or farming, so the server will remain profitable. And the market will be balanced, it went from max. 4,000 EC items to 150,000 EC items which is ridiculous. I agree on making clean ornaments much more expensive and reduce the price of engraved ones.

Offline ʳᵘˢᵉ

• (ᵔᴥᵔ)
It's the opposite, I am glad that you realized it's a necessity and call it purposely "luxurious". I hope you're aware that you're contradicting yourself whenever you write both at the same time. - constructive advice.

Read what's actually being said - constructive advice.

Offline Rumi

• x x x

People like myself will still have to work their asses for it, because I don't posses 35 chars, I don't regularly attend Ares event or any other ST rewarding event. With two chars it's pretty hard. You do the math with Asian style farming level and ignore people from my rank which posses two active chars and play them regularly but don't get every Saturday a free cube necklace and 20-30 ET's daily. For those who enjoy farming, this additional way won't prevent them from doing so. In fact, we got R8r which consumes more money than engraves and people won't stop donating or farming, so the server will remain profitable. And the market will be balanced, it went from max. 4,000 EC items to 150,000 EC items which is ridiculous. I agree on making clean ornaments much more expensive and reduce the price of engraved ones.

I'm really confused at your first statement.  Are you saying that because something is "luxurious" it's a "necessity"?  If not, I'm lost.

And you're trying to act like a victim of impossibility here when really you aren't.  If you feel that your current income of ST isn't suitable for what you want, you are perfectly capable of increasing it.  For example: morai is probably the best way to do this quickly.  If you have only two chars, then do morai on those two chars and save up enough ec to buy enough SLS until you can level more alts, and then do morai on those alts until you can buy more SLS to level even more alts, until eventually you have many alts that you can do morai with and get a ton of rewards for just farming 1 day (Saturday).  If morai isn't your thing, you can put those alts to use elsewhere: there are plenty of events... I'm pretty sure there's some thread around here that lists the way you can get EC which you can use, in turn, to buy those ridiculously priced ornaments.  Or, even better, you can do Ares on those chars, make your own belts/necks, do morai on them too so they get ST, save that ST, engrave those belts/necks, and maybe you'll get lucky.

Offline shucuz

• retired
  • Characters: random
this is a good idea +1
i can't do nw/ares even BH because ima lazy fck and dont have time to do all those events.