Hm? What's your opinion

Yes
No
Perhaps, if aga puts his own 'other' options

Engrave methods

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
insert quote about how just lowering the amount of st needed just a little bit for belts/necks would solve everything without ruining the whole market and adding another unnecessary way to farm.
This is probably the best solution.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I dunno if Seby's original suggestion might work, but I'm thinking as someone who is unable to farm/go to NW more than once a month if I'm lucky.  And if I go to NW (which has been on my cleric since he needs supply tokens for his dominance cape), I end up in a shit nation and get shit points in the process, that I wouldn't mind a way to not have to reroll 5ever just to get double stats that I want.  I'm not even talking about +4 attack levels--my psy's not hurting for attack levels like that. 

On the other hand, I don't want things ridiculously easy.  I just want it easier for people who work, have shit luck, and/or new to be able to get into the pvp scene without getting ate. 

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

scatterer3

actually, achieving 200 alts and farming morai with them is not going to require every hour of your life to accomplish

once you get enough level scrolls to level all alts, it's basically just a few hours every saturday and then you're done

as for your first point, I honestly thought you would catch on by now

you're explaining how the stats give a difference and why that difference is enough to justify why they should be easier to get.  and that difference is just not enough to justify it lol... I'm honestly at a loss to say what hasn't been said already

selling good engraved ornaments is one of the last few things this server has that keeps it going, since, as many people have said already, getting ec and dama to reroll r8 has gotten much, much easier.  which, as I said before, is a better goal to have since getting good rank 8 gear, no matter how you try to paint the picture, is more effective than have +10 dex +2 att level on your orns.  If you're running around with dragon gear but picture-perfect engraves on your orns and you go against full r8 people with engraveless orns, you will probably lose.  (which I've said repeatedly)

so if r8 is getting easier to achieve, and if this is implemented, what is left to do on the server

you don't have to use 200 chars like some people do, you get good enough rewards with just a handful of alts.  but the people who do use a high number of chars for both ares and morai, they will spit out so many +4 att level ornaments that it won't mean anything anymore

not everyone plays this server solely for pk

and please please please please please for the love of god do not just requote me and explain how good engraved ornaments make a difference because I'll just stop responding at that point: I've been responding to the same thing for a while now
Seriously, you must be, like 15?

I was about to continue on "The importance of engraved accessories" after I re-read your first line, but I suppose I have a big heart. Anyway, I lack supply tokens because my agenda is busy on weekends. That's why I support this suggestion. Making 200 alts is not a solution, in fact it's an issue which Agatio should inspect.

The impact that R8r has over engraves to complete the desired built is greater, which doesn't make engraves unnecessary or unimportant. R8r consumes way more EC's, not 150,000, but millions. The source for donations is R8r, and as long as donations exist the server will remain stable. Supply tokens just force people to join events. If Agatio would rely only on engraves, EPW would be history. R8r is a big black hole that consumes endlessly more and more EC. I play for 3 years EPW and there is still room for improvements on my R8r gear on seeker. I think you are exaggerating this thread's purpose, this suggestion doesn't mean free +4 Atk. lv. gear, that you keep imagining over and over again.

If you keep writing again nonsense, I promise I will start again on how important engraves are, promise.

+1, Mikau.

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable

I was about to continue on "The importance of engraved accessories" after I re-read your first line, but I suppose I have a big heart. Anyway, I lack supply tokens because my agenda is busy on weekends. That's why I support this suggestion. Making 200 alts is not a solution, in fact it's an issue which Agatio should inspect.

The impact that R8r has over engraves to complete the desired built is greater, which doesn't make engraves unnecessary or unimportant. R8r consumes way more EC's, not 150,000, but millions. The source for donations is R8r, and as long as donations exist the server will remain stable. Supply tokens just force people to join events. If Agatio would rely only on engraves, EPW would be history. R8r is a big black hole that consumes endlessly more and more EC. I play for 3 years EPW and there is still room for improvements on my R8r gear on seeker. I think you are exaggerating this thread's purpose, this suggestion doesn't mean free +4 Atk. lv. gear, that you keep imagining over and over again.

If you keep writing again nonsense, I promise I will start again on how important engraves are, promise.

+1, Mikau.

just because you don't fully grasp my "nonsense" doesn't mean it actually is nonsense xd it's more your fault than mine

let's pretend this was implemented, and that it's 5 WWI and 5 ET for 1 reroll for belt/neck, and 1 WWI and 1 ET for 1 reroll on ring

I would get 46 rolls for belt/neck and 530 for rings every weekend, not including the cogs/wwi/et I already have in bank or that I get from extra pvp events and BH.  I could even set aside the EC I get from the event to put into dama so I can still reroll my gear at the same time.  and to be clear, I don't have 200 alts  :normal-19:

I dunno if Seby's original suggestion might work, but I'm thinking as someone who is unable to farm/go to NW more than once a month if I'm lucky.  And if I go to NW (which has been on my cleric since he needs supply tokens for his dominance cape), I end up in a **** nation and get **** points in the process, that I wouldn't mind a way to not have to reroll 5ever just to get double stats that I want.  I'm not even talking about +4 attack levels--my psy's not hurting for attack levels like that. 

On the other hand, I don't want things ridiculously easy.  I just want it easier for people who work, have **** luck, and/or new to be able to get into the pvp scene without getting ate. 

I never go to NW anyway, fortunately there are other ways to farm ST
Last Edit: Mar 19, 2015, 07:43 pm by Roomi

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Ok this goes way over the edge
can any gm close this?
Aga and others will decide if yes or no, they can go through the comments and see the best option
overall the need is still there, just that it may be abused
morai event helps a little the unlucky ppl with nw too and such yet abused
all on aga atm
GM lock pls ty
Ty all for constructive comments(either negative or positive, most made sense) and i couldnt care less of hate posts, take care

Offline ʳᵘˢᵉ

• (ᵔᴥᵔ)
BEFORE IT GETS LOCKED, LEMME JUST THROW THIS OUT THERE.

Too bad she's acted more civil, mature, and overall has made more sense than you.

I understand people not wanting things to be made too easy. That's why I said no to the original suggestion too. I also understand people not wanting there to be a ton of "OP" accessories floating about. One of my main reasons for suggesting ST reduction(only for belts/necs mind you) is this. EPW's been around for a long time. Engraving's been around on the server for what...at least a year and a half? Not many people have managed to get these "end game" stats until recently. There aren't a ton floating around as it is. Most people are still perfecting their r8 before even thinking about trying to engrave for/drop 50k-250k+ for ornaments.

TL;DR? Keeping the old methods of obtaining ST which AREN'T spammable and reducing the amount needed to engrave still isn't going to cause everyone to suddenly have 4 att/4 def levels/whatever other op stat combo you'd like to suggest. Engraving is another thing people want to perfect. Some have ALMOST perfect stats and are still trying to get that one extra def level/magic/str/whatever.

okbye.

scatterer3

BEFORE IT GETS LOCKED, LEMME JUST THROW THIS OUT THERE.

Too bad she's acted more civil, mature, and overall has made more sense than you.

I understand people not wanting things to be made too easy. That's why I said no to the original suggestion too. I also understand people not wanting there to be a ton of "OP" accessories floating about. One of my main reasons for suggesting ST reduction(only for belts/necs mind you) is this. EPW's been around for a long time. Engraving's been around on the server for what...at least a year and a half? Not many people have managed to get these "end game" stats until recently. There aren't a ton floating around as it is. Most people are still perfecting their r8 before even thinking about trying to engrave for/drop 50k-250k+ for ornaments.

TL;DR? Keeping the old methods of obtaining ST which AREN'T spammable and reducing the amount needed to engrave still isn't going to cause everyone to suddenly have 4 att/4 def levels/whatever other op stat combo you'd like to suggest. Engraving is another thing people want to perfect. Some have ALMOST perfect stats and are still trying to get that one extra def level/magic/str/whatever.

okbye.

If you share the same phaneron and friendship then it's obvious that she will make more sense to you and that's completely okay. I said, with the flow of time current obstacles get much harder to pass, and "luxury" becomes a necessity. I clearly remember (so do you) when people walked around with dragon gear or R8r with random stats (even nirvana without being 150 yet, ask Cyn) because double/triple channel/interval/strength/magic on R8r was a "luxury" that not everyone could enjoy. Then people realized what's important and what's actually a waste of time. Why did EC farming become easier? Because people realized that they have to invest more on their R8r and not on random flyers.

That's why new items are welcome, because old items become easier to get. I hope this make a bit more sense for your clique. You are welcome.

Offline Shaymin

• Characters: Shaymin
  • Faction: Artifex
-1, im not good with prices or whatever but I think it will lower the prices for engraved ornaments especially now that doing faction exam room quest gives 10x emblems. people can just spam it on alts And wwill be pointless to make money with engraving over time

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
We will discuss if its needed and if it won't affect the market/game somehow.
We will look into it and see what can be done, if something.
Locking it cuz this became a topic to throw dirt at each other.