Epic Perfect World

More Balence is needed for the Game!

Offline Suwoloozz

• Elite
  • Skills are required in the battle !
OP things is like opinion in our mind... if there is no OP within that class.. someone will confused what or which is the best classes. Example : A is like WR because you can stunlock until x second, and B didn't like A because B is like sin and sin have 50% to evade negative effect and C didn't like B because C like EA and ea have weapon with purify positive effect.. and soooooooooo on
Last Edit: Sept 30, 2012, 12:20 pm by Suwoloozz

Offline Cortimi

• Demon
I quit caring three pages ago. :3
Cortimi - Demon Seeker
Cortimis - Demon Barbarian

Offline Ace

• Stop bothering me.
  • Characters: Ace
  • Faction: Regicide Leader
Only thing I'd change is how the psychic soul of vengence and silence aren't affected by purges and even stay when you die and come back. I mean really, what's up with that?

Offline SirClassy

• A BM's leap is considered "running." Right...
It stays with them because it's their soul, i would like to imagine. :p
How fitting.

Offline Neeyn

• ❀ Sundrums & Soil ❀
I quit caring three pages ago. :3

❤❤❤Avalanche//Sage Seeker

Offline Saphi

the only thing i am concerned with about the whole balanced class stuff is why is it that a sin can't use stealth pots but an archer can stealth at the same level and then use a pot to see everyone else thats in stealth..

Offline Azzhole

• The Hated
All I have to say for almost this entire thread toward ppl QQ'ing....

LOL that's the point of different characters, different 'skills' on characters and etc. Some skill are more powerful than other classes skills, some skills are more powerful than other classes' defense, etc....All up to you on how to counter it or survive it. Idc what anyone says...Pretty much every class has a certain advantage or mix of skills to avoid something else coming at them. Just gotta predict what whatever class you're fighting is going to do first.

^ That's regarding skills.

Regarding classes...

People stat them differently. I always build my char's as pures (Except for my BM's). Some people build their with more HP...Some do it in between and have decently high dmg + decently high HP. Builds make a big difference too.

I'm pretty sure this was repeated in previous posts but I'm adding another to the list.

Classes need NO changes whatsoever in my opinion..It's all fine to me having ea. class of my own.
-Ofc except for veno pets as stated in previous posts-

~Now hate me for stating my opinion that conflicts with yours~
~Now hate me for stating my opinion that conflicts with yours~

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
Okay, since I think this might be fun for me to add my 2 cents on this topic, here's my 2 cents.
[All Classses OP points and my view]

Blademaster - Stun power, overprotected hoes with marrows.
Yeah, phy and magical marrows + the extra def gained from Demon phy buff really makes BMs overally op in their field of defense. Any BM could probably get 60k+ phy or magical defense with the right gears. Stun was op cause a good and lucky BM could potentially stun someone forever; that changed when genies came along though, so I don't see the opness in their stuns anymore. Their effectiveness in PK have been reduced alot, I'd say that.

Wizard - Spark whores.
This, I definately agree, that spark is just way over the top because the fact that any underskilled Wiz could pull out a single combo to turn any other class to roasted pork. However, without Spark the reliability of Wizards goes back to either poison + praying for a crit (because in reality we all know that almost all RPG Wizard classes are just spam skill and see epic damage) or glass cannon build = 3 shot Wizzies. So yeah, if they're ever gonna do something to Spark, they better have a compensation for Wizards.

Barbarian - TANK! ZERK! CRITZERK ONESHOTS EVERY CLASS WITH ARMA WTF?
This class has always been op this way. Honestly since 2 years ago I wonder if anyone even bothers arguing about barbs anymore. Everyone only complains when they get critzerked by a barb, and ignoring the class' opness when they're not.

Venomancer - Supreme upgrade from morai + more wtf
Did you expect them to be a support class forever?

Archer - minus chan amulet now makes them op, pls remove
Honestly, when I first came here I was suprised about the -20% chan amulet. But, after awhile of playing (Sage Archer) I honestly think that it's a great idea. It'd make Archers be in par with the advancement of other classes increasing their -chans and aps through R8, with Archers unincluded. I mean, comeon, on all other melee based classes, Barbs already hit fast enough with their skills, BMs - same as barbs, Seekers have INSANE skills to reduce their channeling - why can't Archer have something to reduce their channeling so that they can actually land a skill on any class? Removing it just means that Sage Archers wont have much of a chance against high def/hp people like Barbs with their slow (and partically weak) skills which crits could not support; more aps archer purging auto-attack hoes would be coming into play if it's removed tbh.

However, aparting from the amulet thing, I have to say Spirit Blackhole debuffing on Demon Archers are damn damn hurtful especially if you're a class that can't tank 3 hits without your buff.

Cleric - God's Seal undispellable (?), too op and with their new morai skills.
The morai skill; I think it's op. The God Seal skill; whats wrong with it? It has been in PWI for longer than I could remember (3 yrs? idk) and I haven't seen so much rage about it in offical PWI. Then again, I don't know much about it so I'm not gonna go any further on this.
#About Cleric's new Morai skills.
It's pimp, it's badass, it's strong. Especially, it's op (to me).
I mean, you have a low-cooldown skill which asorbs every healing (including charms), litterly making any class' reliance charm tick gone. It's prob easy to bypass for most high hp/def chars but for squishy/low hp classes like Archers (or other clerics in that matter) hp asorbing litterly means pking without charms and we know where that goes to. Though, I don't wanna make it look like clerics became overlly op, cause before this skill came along clerics litterly couldn't do **** to anyone without maybe glass cannon 3hit conversion and insane channeling. 

Assassin - aps
Colors of the rainbow! forever op.
More seriously, they WERE forever infinity op with their teleport skills, full chi 24/7, stealth and 123456789 controlling skills (compared to Wizzies who only really have 2 good sense ones). GoF remove I think just made the class less superman and more predictable on what they would; or gonna have to do. (Get expel on your fingertips, people).

Psychic - OMGFTFBBQ REMOVE SILENCE LONGSTUN BLOXLORZ
I'm gonna say this, silence, stun isn't a real, real problem if you kill them fast enough before they attempt to go white again. They're very squishy in black, a monkey knows that.
#Regarding gear change and genie skill usage
I think the class was designed to be like that, with Black & White voodoos as an uber major turning point. Just kill them swiftly when they're attacking and stall/ignore them while they're on defensive; as you would do with barbs casting turtle. As for the 'requirement for will surge' to kill a class, don't you have something better to complain? If barbs get an even more op skill (apart from the crazy new morai skill they get it already is) everyone would get something like expel/faith/w/e just to prevent/stall the barb on that said skill. Sure they have other better uses, but it's the same concept from the psy requirement thing. By the way, won't the skill have other uses also? *hint* Force of Will *hint* Parastic Nova *hint* Thicket *hint*.
That being said, I don't understand the opness of Soul of Silence overall self-buffed if the Psychic could be 1-2 shot while trying to get some kills in black, silence doesn't helps if your damage could pierce through.

Seeker - God of Frenzy on people onehits like a bytch.
I played on another server (which I think supposedly have lower chances for GoF to activate) and to see it here like this makes me think that it's a pretty good overturn. As on other servers, Seeker is a class of chance & luck without much skills required when you got luck (as a zerkcrit skill could litterly mean 30% hp gone on heavy classes) and, even with sick combos it wouldn't change the fact that their reliance to crit and zerk is overly high. Seekers who doesn't critzerk that much usually relies on 3rd spark (which makes this class 3x more bytchy and ironic than before); and with that theres no skill really behind it apart from maybe combos timing and the right skill to use at the right moment. (Pray for crits ftw)

Mystic - Question mark
I don't actually know any probs with the class here. Pushback is slutty usage, whats new.
This class is just about combos but luckily with their selection of pets they don't have to rely on crits. Spam Nature's Vengance away!

Thats my opinion and 2cents on all classes.
Forget me if I said something wrong/incorrect.

Last Edit: Oct 04, 2012, 12:42 pm by Kest
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Mrai

Okay, since I think this might be fun for me to add my 2 cents on this topic, here's my 2 cents.

Yeah, phy and magical marrows + the extra def gained from Demon phy buff really makes BMs overally op in their field of defense. Any BM could probably get 60k+ phy or magical defense with the right gears. Stun was op cause a good and lucky BM could potentially stun someone forever; that changed when genies came along though, so I don't see the opness in their stuns anymore. Their effectiveness in PK have been reduced alot, I'd say that.

Wizard - Spark whores.
This, I definately agree, that spark is just way over the top because the fact that any underskilled Wiz could pull out a single combo to turn any other class to roasted pork. However, without Spark the reliability of Wizards goes back to either poison + praying for a crit (because in reality we all know that almost all RPG Wizard classes are just spam skill and see epic damage) or glass cannon build = 3 shot Wizzies. So yeah, if they're ever gonna do something to Spark, they better have a compensation for Wizards.

This class has always been op this way. Honestly since 2 years ago I wonder if anyone even bothers arguing about barbs anymore. Everyone only complains when they get critzerked by a barb, and ignoring the class' opness when they're not.

Did you expect them to be a support class forever?

Honestly, when I first came here I was suprised about the -20% chan amulet. But, after awhile of playing (Sage Archer) I honestly think that it's a great idea. It'd make Archers be in par with the advancement of other classes increasing their -chans and aps through R8, with Archers unincluded. I mean, comeon, on all other melee based classes, Barbs already hit fast enough with their skills, BMs - same as barbs, Seekers have INSANE skills to reduce their channeling - why can't Archer have something to reduce their channeling so that they can actually land a skill on any class? Removing it just means that Sage Archers wont have much of a chance against high def/hp people like Barbs with their slow (and partically weak) skills which crits could not support; more aps archer purging auto-attack hoes would be coming into play if it's removed tbh.

However, aparting from the amulet thing, I have to say Spirit Blackhole debuffing on Demon Archers are damn damn hurtful especially if you're a class that can't tank 3 hits without your buff.

The morai skill; I think it's op. The God Seal skill; whats wrong with it? It has been in PWI for longer than I could remember (3 yrs? idk) and I haven't seen so much rage about it in offical PWI. Then again, I don't know much about it so I'm not gonna go any further on this.
#About Cleric's new Morai skills.
It's pimp, it's badass, it's strong. Especially, it's op (to me).
I mean, you have a low-cooldown skill which asorbs every healing (including charms), litterly making any class' reliance charm tick gone. It's prob easy to bypass for most high hp/def chars but for squishy/low hp classes like Archers (or other clerics in that matter) hp asorbing litterly means pking without charms and we know where that goes to. Though, I don't wanna make it look like clerics became overlly op, cause before this skill came along clerics litterly couldn't do **** to anyone without maybe glass cannon 3hit conversion and insane channeling. 

Assassin - aps
More seriously, they WERE forever infinity op with their teleport skills, full chi 24/7, stealth and 123456789 controlling skills (compared to Wizzies who only really have 2 good sense ones). GoF remove I think just made the class less superman and more predictable on what they would; or gonna have to do. (Get expel on your fingertips, people).

I'm gonna say this, silence, stun isn't a real, real problem if you kill them fast enough before they attempt to go white again. They're very squishy in black, a monkey knows that.
#Regarding gear change and genie skill usage
I think the class was designed to be like that, with Black & White voodoos as an uber major turning point. Just kill them swiftly when they're attacking and stall/ignore them while they're on defensive; as you would do with barbs casting turtle. As for the 'requirement for will surge' to kill a class, don't you have something better to complain? If barbs get an even more op skill (apart from the crazy new morai skill they get it already is) everyone would get something like expel/faith/w/e just to prevent/stall the barb on that said skill. Sure they have other better uses, but it's the same concept from the psy requirement thing. By the way, won't the skill have other uses also? *hint* Force of Will *hint* Parastic Nova *hint* Thicket *hint*.
That being said, I don't understand the opness of Soul of Silence overall self-buffed if the Psychic could be 1-2 shot while trying to get some kills in black, silence doesn't helps if your damage could pierce through.

I played on another server (which I think supposedly have lower chances for GoF to activate) and to see it here like this makes me think that it's a pretty good overturn. As on other servers, Seeker is a class of chance & luck without much skills required when you got luck (as a zerkcrit skill could litterly mean 30% hp gone on heavy classes) and, even with sick combos it wouldn't change the fact that their reliance to crit and zerk is overly high. Seekers who doesn't critzerk that much usually relies on 3rd spark (which makes this class 3x more bytchy and ironic than before); and with that theres no skill really behind it apart from maybe combos timing and the right skill to use at the right moment. (Pray for crits ftw)

Mystic - Question mark
I don't actually know any probs with the class here. Pushback is slutty usage, whats new.
This class is just about combos but luckily with their selection of pets they don't have to rely on crits. Spam Nature's Vengance away!

Thats my opinion and 2cents on all classes.
Forget me if I said something wrong/incorrect.

I only have one comment about Cleric Morai skill Seal of Gods. It's not op at all. Since whoever it's casted on takes 90% less damage on skills. It's really just so the cleric can get away, heal, and stack defenses. But, it is great for trolling if you combine with the sleep/silent skills. Fought a barb the other day, I had him stuck in place for two minutes before he eventually 1shot me. Not that I was mad about it, I was laughing my ass off because he started rage slappnig his keyboard. That, and I don't do much pvp anyway.

Mrai

You people use the word "Overpowered" but have absolutely no idea what it means. Overpowered is when a skill,item, or even character is effective beyond its intentional purpose. Example of this? Soul of Silence was intented as a defensive skill for psychics. The fact that they can buff others with it, makes it overpowered, as it is effective beyond its intentional purpose. People making psy alts, buffing themselves, then going out to pvp, is annoying, and shouldnt happen. Notice how when warriors were able to glitch their skills for the buffs, without consuming the chi? That was effective... beyond its intentional use.

Let's take another look at what would be "overpowered" shall we? Look at archers skills. Notice how almost all of them can be casted with under 1 second of channeling time. Notice in this server, necks and adorns give -6% casting each, and theres even a -20% casting bless box given to archers for free. If an archer has dominance cape, thats another -6% casting. Lets do some math: -12 from neck+adorn, -20 from box, -6 from cape, + x2 -6 stones on weapon, that gives -50% channeling... as an archer. This is still using physical rings, and dex heaven book. This means an archer retains max possible damage, while being able to cast 2 skills in a single second. Yes... 2 skills in a single second. Thats equivalent to 2.0APS. Did i mention holy archers have skills with lower cooldowns, and even faster channeling? They also gain chi from their casted skills. Did i also mention that using a crossbow, gives another -10 casting? Thats -60%. Since you dont need interval, you could get rank 8 armor x4 (25 attack and defense levels), wear an int hat (this requires less str, and allows archers to save an extra 70 points to use on dex) and get a 25 attack level bow with x2 -12 stones. You have 50 attack levels without anything else... If you use the superior attack rune + attack level from archer bless box, thats 61 attack levels, casting 2 skills in 1 sec.

Your probably thinking "how is this more effective than an APS archer?" Well, let's do more math: When casting skills as an archer, you notice you can reduce metal defense by 50%. If your sage, this lasts 25 seconds. While being sage, you can also reduce 20% maximum hp, for 30 seconds. Using a longevity genie, you can use the 30% magic defense reduction skill they start off with. Thats 80% metal defense, completely gone. You can also use your extreme poison, and frenzy, and completely bypass any class. Sure, the others can use their genies to defend themselfs... assuming they are fast enough. Remember, 2 skills in 1 second? Yeah... it hurts.

Archers no longer need that bless box. Unless you have math that states otherwise, im more than happy to hear it.

Now that you know what the word overpowered means, perhaps we will see logical posts in this thread.

MageTank

Yeah, you're completely right. Hence why I don't really use the term unless explaining why something isn't op. But others, yeah, it's overused and completely disregards it's true meaning. Since if most people lose a fight, they blame the person for having op skills. When, they probably just aren't as good as the person and don't want their ego hurt. Granted that sometimes luck can play a factor in any fight, it's still not op when you lose.

Offline Ste_

Yeah, often people use the term "lucky crit" in 1on1's, but there is no such thing as lucky crits in epic. The gear is so redundant in terms of stats, almost everyone has 30%+ critical rates. In perfect world, crit is maxed at 95%, meaning with 31% crit, you already crit 1/3 chances, according to max crit possible. Archers can crit almost every single hit, and due to their faster interval and casting speed, they crit more often. This again, ties in with my post above, stating how that bless box just isn't natural. I don't consider sins overpowered. I have never played as a sin, but i have 1on1'd many of them, all of which never really felt that overpowered. Even without reducing a sins defense, i can still kill them pretty fast, and their damage isnt much to complain about. They still need to be within melee distance to attack, whereas archers dont. Don't think im hating on the archers either, as i do feel they need a boost, but i dont think casting is the right boost. I believe agatio should remove the casting buff from the bless boxes, add 1.0 movement speed to the box, and maybe a 50% dodge buff. After all.. their main defense is their ability to completely dodge physical attacks, as evidenced by their dodge buff. The movement speed will allow them to kite, thus maintaining full damage, which would be more fair without the whole "casting skills 1/5th faster just for wearing a single item" feel.

The 5 attack/defense levels on the box isnt much to complain about, and wont really matter much, so you can keep those. My only problem is the rate at which their skills are casted, combined with these god forsaken 150 genies, that allows users to use frenzy, extreme poison AND a defense debuff, all at the exact same time. This makes genies the single most overpowered thing in perfect world, which is why i originally suggested deleting all genies, and capping them at level 100. This will reduce many "overpowered" complaints, as mages wont be bypassing people, as they cant do 20% amp, 80% fire def reduce and 20 attack level increases at the same time, to do so. This also slows the pace of pvp down a little, letting people savor the pvp longer. If 1on1's end within 60 seconds, its not really fun. Hard to gauge your enemies tactics if its just "whore genie skills and mash keys" for victory xD

So yeah, heres how you fix epic, for those who didnt see my original post:

Remove the casting mod from the archers bless box
Add stat requirements to rank 8 gear (such as X amount of STR and DEX to wear armor)
Lower genies to level 100
Unite the justice league to come up with a solution to edit the elementskill.dll and make Soul of Silence self buff only
Make MageTank automatic level 150

Oh, and removing ryan's ability to speak without thinking first. That will also fix epic xD

MageTank

I agree with the Archer's Bless Box, personally I didnt notice much of a difference with the Casting Time reduction. Many say they did, but I myself did not notice it at all... Besides, before that Bless Box I saw most Archers just auto attacking. The Dodge would be nice on an Archer, but 50%? Thats a bit too much I'd say around 20-30% at most.

Offline Cortimi

• Demon

My response:

I would agree with that. On paper, BM's are the most broken class in game. They can wear a HA/LA combo, get elemental resist belt AND neck, and still have more physical defense self buffed than any other melee class, and have awesome magic resist. And demon BM's can nearly complete stun lock with 2 skills (Drake Bash and RoP). But in practice though, I agree again, genies and apoth really change things. If a BM can't stun, they drop fairly fast especially when beset by multiple targets.

Wizard - Spark whores.

Agree somewhat. The Seal > nuke > stun > nuke >profit combo works very well on official servers and is even more effective here with the insane reduced channeling.

I would disagree. Barbs are SUPPOSED to be hard to kill. As for Arma, that is one skill, with a cooldown, that requires twp sparks. It is not spammable. Also, it has to be executed perfectly to be effective. Arma'ing someone with anything less than %80 HP is just a waste of sparks, as then you would only tick their charm at best, and now you have no sparks for their retaliation. I play a demon barb, so I rely on huge DPH that can't miss (demon SoBK, FR, MS), and insane critrate (demon Sunder, and Beastial Onslaught). Notice, that this take thought and planning as well as calculation in the heat of the moment. Facerolling will not work here.

Disagree, simply because I think they are not up to the standard of other classes at this time.

Agreed. Archers have -interval EVERYTHING on this server, PLUS -channel? PLUS atk/def lvl upgrade? Too much. There is a reason why there is an overabundance of archers in TW factions.

Clerics will always be gimped without a reliable anti-stun/silence. They can Plume Shell all they want, if they are in a stunlock, that MP or skill duration will run out, and there is nothing they can do about it.

Assassin - aps

You said it best.

Especially when you find a Psy who is not stupid enough to use Black Voodoo OR White Voodoo and just relies on insane class damage/channeling.

Not on Demon Seeker. There is a reason why there are "dual edges" here for seekers. They have no natural ability to gain chi efficiently at all (sage is once a minute, demon is nothing) besides one buff with an asinine cooldown. Trying to rely on a zerk crit is extremely risky. And like you said, it could only take 30% of targets HP. What happens when their charm ticks? Just not enough RELIABLE DPS with sword seekers. Playing with dual Edges evens the playing field a bit, but cheapens the class and reduces class differentiation between BM's, Sins, and fist Barbs.

Mystic - Question mark
Pushback is damn slutty. If this is a legitimate use of the skill, then I would demand that the Archer knockback worked, and that Slam on Barbs worked.

Good thoughts, thanks for taking the time to type it! :)
Cortimi - Demon Seeker
Cortimis - Demon Barbarian

Offline rugger

• pineapples are the shit
This will never end will it x.x

Blademasters: Not overpowered. Their stuns are only effective in close range, and many classes can avoid them, and even outrun them. The beastkind classes have faster movement speeds, archers have high dodge and movement speed. Wizards have distance shrink AND arcane defense. Psy's have SoS, sins have stealth, etc. Every class can avoid stuns in 1 way or another, therefore, their arguement of OP stuns are nullified.

Wizards: Genies make them OP. Thats all. Nerf genies, and this class will be returned to its former glory of being a fun, challenging class to play. Being able to use spark, frenzy, and extreme poison all at the same time just isnt right.

Barbarians: Whoever said their Arma hurts here, has never played one. Physical defense is so high here, the hp required for arma to hurt, would be off the scale. Need i mention that nobody in epicpw 1on1's anymore... as they require their guild's to back them up to feel tough. Think that arma will penetrate a fully buffed wizzy? Good luck with that...

Venomancer: Whoever said this class isnt as effective as the rest, please quit this game forever. This class is so unrealistically strong, it cant be measured by mere mortals. It can reduce 100% physical defense, magical defense, lower accuracy, slow casting speed, stun, enseal, purge, and dare i say it... FORCE A BARB OUT OF TIGER FORM! Yeah, it can do that. Render a catapult puller 100% useless, by forcing him into human form. That alone makes it so strong, no other class can replace its usefulness. I rank werefox even higher than elf priests in terms of being useful. All it takes is 1 single werefox to ruin someone's day.

Archers: Already stated why archers were OP. They are still easy to kill, so fixing that bless box will fix this class.

Clerics: Again, not OP at all. Nothing about this class is OP, its designed as it was intented. Provide buffs and heals. I dont see clerics out here dropping enemies within seconds. Even with their extra control skills, they can be nullified by another cleric, or genie.

Assassins: I still dont see why this is an OP class. They felt squishy to me. They are no more OP than 1.3.6 warriors were, yet lacks all of the defense and hp of a warrior. Feels like an archer that lacks range. Surely, a magic class will be prone to death from a melee class, and vice versa. I suggest people start learning the benefits of heavy casters and such. Think outside the box, and the sheer mystery of the fight will surely confuse the sin, putting him at a disadvantage.

Psychics: Again... another standard magic class... except the damn SoS being able to buff others. I swear pvp is pointless when everyone has a psy alt. I see random warriors dropping from the sky, in fury burst + wood pill, with SoS on. Drives me insane x.x

Seekers: Feels like a magical blademaster. They get ranged melee skills, and very cunning tricks up their sleeve. I would consider them stronger than warriors, but lacking the same number of stuns. Not an overpowered class, strong, but not OP.

Mystics: I dont know how to feel about this class. Its... annoying... but not OP. It fills far too many roles for a single class, but i guess its lack of damage makes up for it. It can be a mixture of cleric (heals), and veno (pets with debuff effects). I hate when fighting mystics, how they can resort to spam healing themself, but i guess clerics and mages can do the same. Not OP, just annoying.

Again, Overpowered is when a class, item, or skill works far beyond its intended purpose. You wont see mystics spam healing people, you wont see warriors killing people in a ranged fight.

The only thing OP about 1.3.6, was glitching warriors and insta cast. 1.4.4 fixed that. Would love to see 1.4.4 with classic classes only, and none of this genies, attack levels, defense levels, and higher proc mods stuff.

MageTank
im not saying your wrong about seekers, but a 150 seeker(dk if it was r8 or just the r8 wep) hit 80k on my 150 barb with mag stuff on. and in tiger form. idk what combo he did or stuff like that. but it was just him and his debuffs, he didnt even use the one that lowers att and def lvls. but still thats pretty damn high for a seeker to a barb i think :|
ruggger-150 sage barb
Gotcha-150 sage sin
RugBurn-150 sage seeker
ruggy-150 demon bm
Pineapples_ - 150 veno

Offline Ace

• Stop bothering me.
  • Characters: Ace
  • Faction: Regicide Leader
You people use the word "Overpowered" but have absolutely no idea what it means. Overpowered is when a skill,item, or even character is effective beyond its intentional purpose. Example of this? Soul of Silence was intented as a defensive skill for psychics. The fact that they can buff others with it, makes it overpowered, as it is effective beyond its intentional purpose. People making psy alts, buffing themselves, then going out to pvp, is annoying, and shouldnt happen. Notice how when warriors were able to glitch their skills for the buffs, without consuming the chi? That was effective... beyond its intentional use.

Let's take another look at what would be "overpowered" shall we? Look at archers skills. Notice how almost all of them can be casted with under 1 second of channeling time. Notice in this server, necks and adorns give -6% casting each, and theres even a -20% casting bless box given to archers for free. If an archer has dominance cape, thats another -6% casting. Lets do some math: -12 from neck+adorn, -20 from box, -6 from cape, + x2 -6 stones on weapon, that gives -50% channeling... as an archer. This is still using physical rings, and dex heaven book. This means an archer retains max possible damage, while being able to cast 2 skills in a single second. Yes... 2 skills in a single second. Thats equivalent to 2.0APS. Did i mention holy archers have skills with lower cooldowns, and even faster channeling? They also gain chi from their casted skills. Did i also mention that using a crossbow, gives another -10 casting? Thats -60%. Since you dont need interval, you could get rank 8 armor x4 (25 attack and defense levels), wear an int hat (this requires less str, and allows archers to save an extra 70 points to use on dex) and get a 25 attack level bow with x2 -12 stones. You have 50 attack levels without anything else... If you use the superior attack rune + attack level from archer bless box, thats 61 attack levels, casting 2 skills in 1 sec.

Your probably thinking "how is this more effective than an APS archer?" Well, let's do more math: When casting skills as an archer, you notice you can reduce metal defense by 50%. If your sage, this lasts 25 seconds. While being sage, you can also reduce 20% maximum hp, for 30 seconds. Using a longevity genie, you can use the 30% magic defense reduction skill they start off with. Thats 80% metal defense, completely gone. You can also use your extreme poison, and frenzy, and completely bypass any class. Sure, the others can use their genies to defend themselfs... assuming they are fast enough. Remember, 2 skills in 1 second? Yeah... it hurts.

Archers no longer need that bless box. Unless you have math that states otherwise, im more than happy to hear it.

Now that you know what the word overpowered means, perhaps we will see logical posts in this thread.

MageTank
You talk a lot about how if archers have all these items they are way op and don't need the blessing box. Well one, you talk as if what your saying is common place. Last I checked, I've seen no archers with the dominance robe and one archer with channeling stones on his weapon the entire time I've played on this sever (which happens to be quite a while for those of you who don't know). And second, what about all the lower lvl archers? Just because maybe one archer (probably not even one) is the way you described the blessing box should be taken away from all archers because that one is way to strong with it? Well the reality is your entire argue is just full of shit and a plurality of information that is irrevalent because it just really doesn't exist at this point. Maybe in a few month what you say will be true, but as of right now it's just bullshit.
Last Edit: Oct 05, 2012, 10:00 am by Ace

Mrai

You talk a lot about how if archers have all these items they are way op and don't need the blessing box. Well one, you talk as if what your saying is common place. Last I checked, I've seen no archers with the dominance robe and one archer with channeling stones on his weapon the entire time I've played on this sever (which happens to be quite a while for those of you who don't know). And second, what about all the lower lvl archers? Just because maybe one archer (probably not even one) is the way you described the blessing box should be taken away from all archers because that one is way to strong with it? Well the reality is your entire argue is just full of shit and a plurality of information that is irrevalent because it just really doesn't exist at this point. Maybe in a few month what you say will be true, but as of right now it's just bullshit.
Maybe what he states isn't true about all of them. But he was also stating them as possibilities, not saying that every archer did it. You should read a little closer before you start bashing someone who actually has knowledge on a fact.