Epic Perfect World

Venomancer Fox Form Skills

Offline Reyte

• Characters: Reyte
I have been playing venomancer fox form for a while now and i noticed that the skills Grudge Strike and Dark Taboo despite having a short cooldow, it is not short enough to spam skills. A veno on fox form can only attack using those 2 skills and then has to wait for cooldown to become able to attack again or instead has to waste a spark to use stunning blow or malefic crush.

I think this puts fox form venos on disadvantage when comparing with other classes. Also, malefic crush has a cooldown of 3 minutes, why so long? It's not even a good skill.

I was wondering if it is possible to reduce the cooldown of Grudge Strike and Dark Taboo to solve this problem.

Offline Drive

• 🌙
Grudge strike is spammable as it is.The primal malefic crush costs 1(or maybe 2 sparks).
Even if the cd was lower not like you can spam it,it also grants immunity to damage while casted so making that spammable would be op.
The fox form skills are long ish cd cuz when they go on coldoown the veno has to go in normal form to use other skills to be relevant and not
just run around in fox form.
If amp and purge had lower cd then venos would just camp fox form and purge/amp.
Therefore I don't find full foxform venos viable unless you are HA build and use normal attacks to deal damage.
Tho that build is not so good aswell.
Last Edit: Mar 11, 2015, 02:13 pm by 無表情な

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
because pw doesnt want to promote def camping in fox form/true form
thats why most skills are for the effect and less for the dmg
try to leave def camp and maybe u'll have fun, js.
the cds/low dmg and such are put for a purpose, the effect to be the reason why u are using the specific skill in that form, not to kill ppl being in it.
hey, allow sins to use skills in tideborn form
i love 10 extra def level from my tideborn form ;33333

Offline Reyte

Grudge strike is spammable as it is.The primal malefic crush costs 1(or maybe 2 sparks).
Even if the cd was lower not like you can spam it,it also grants immunity to damage while casted so making that spammable would be op.
The fox form skills are long ish cd cuz when they go on coldoown the veno has to go in normal form to use other skills to be relevant and not
just run around in fox form.
If amp and purge had lower cd then venos would just camp fox form and purge/amp.
Therefore I don't find full foxform venos viable unless you are HA build and use normal attacks to deal damage.
Tho that build is not so good aswell.

Malefic crush makes you immune during channel time, not cast time. Channel time is 0.2 seconds so that is a joke. And i mean reduce cooldown of malefic crush from 3 minutes to something like 1 minute, not 5 seconds.

And i mentioned nothing about purge or amp skills. Those are fine just as they are. I mean damaging skills. Curses have ok cooldowns.

For HA they should not be obliged to use aps since no other class has to only use aps. Even sins and BMs may use skills only.

Offline Reyte

because pw doesnt want to promote def camping in fox form/true form
thats why most skills are for the effect and less for the dmg
try to leave def camp and maybe u'll have fun, js.
the cds/low dmg and such are put for a purpose, the effect to be the reason why u are using the specific skill in that form, not to kill ppl being in it.
hey, allow sins to use skills in tideborn form
i love 10 extra def level from my tideborn form ;33333

Although i understand what you mean, sin on tideborn form is not exactly the same thing as veno on fox form. Veno on fox form is like barb on tiger form. It has a lot of skills and it's meant to damage and be able to pk on that form too.

Offline Reyte

I would like some GM opinion here. My idea was mainly reduce malefic crush to 1 minute cooldown and Dark Taboo for 3 sec cooldown.

With grudge strike and dark taboo with 3 sec of cooldown those skills could be constantly used for damage. And personally i think that would not make any fox form veno op. It would only turn them a viable build.

Offline Drive

• 🌙
Cast time=Chanelling. :-X
As far as I know.
It's the same thing.
Again the skills are fine as it is.

Offline Chocolate

• Retired Staff Member
Personally I think they're fine as they are, this would be pointless.

As far as I know.
It's the same thing.

Chanelling is the bar, cast is the time after the bar reaches the end and finishes so you can move/cast another. I don't know how to explain it. :sad:

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
I really dont think these skills need a change.

Offline Drive

• 🌙
Personally I think they're fine as they are, this would be pointless.

Chanelling is the bar, cast is the time after the bar reaches the end and finishes so you can move/cast another. I don't know how to explain
 it. :sad:
Oh.
Well after the chaneling is done it takes not even a second for the spell to cast.
Thanks for clarifying. O:-)

Offline Reyte

As far as I know.
It's the same thing.

No it is not the same. Channeling is the bar that show up when you are charging to use a skill. Cast is the animation of the skill. It is quite easy to understand the difference.

I'm glad you think it is good as they are but i'm looking for some arguments, not just opinion sharing.

Offline Chocolate

• Retired Staff Member
I'm glad you think it is good as they are but i'm looking for some arguments, not just opinion sharing.
I would like some GM opinion here.

I gave it and said I think there's no need for it.

Offline YouGotMe

• HI <3
  • Believe me
  • Characters: CanadianBoy/HeyYouGotMe
  • Faction: Alamat
please lol, another not good suggestion, please stop  WF is good the way they are man. try to go do pvp and you'll have much fun using WF despite of  having a very deadly pet and more magic atk = GG.
Last Edit: Mar 11, 2015, 05:00 pm by YouGotMe
THEY HATE US, CUZ THEY AINT US

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Although i understand what you mean, sin on tideborn form is not exactly the same thing as veno on fox form. Veno on fox form is like barb on tiger form. It has a lot of skills and it's meant to damage and be able to pk on that form too.
not rlly
those skills have each a specific effect
if people would have been supposed to dmg hardly in fox form they'd have dmg skills with same dmg base as the normal ones, but they dont
the fox form/true form's purpose is to deal special effects, not dmg with unkillable defence.

Offline Remmy

• Characters: Embry | Amora | Remmy
  • Faction: Apollumi
I'm only +1ing this so that I can be even more op in veno form and camp def like pro seeker js.  :P