Epic Perfect World

Seeker and Dual Edges

scatterer3

in fu
I have tested my damage, full attack set, on a defence seeker with blessing ( wich you always use ), and it has been clear that my damage was nowhere near close to kill him without the use of 3spark, he didnt move a dim 0.o its pretty sad.

On topic, seekers are fine without it, most seekers go dph, it would only give a slight advantage to the few aps seekers, you're a tank already and you want to be able to kill people using 1 occult? nty again. You don't need it, seekers are f----aaa---ar from being underpowered atm compared to some other classes

That's why people don't play them nor recruit them, I barely made it in Worms thanks to the kind heart of Worms leader.

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
  • The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
  • Characters: Sadistic, Stiletto
And again, any certain answer from the dev?

Offline Subzeroo

• God of PK, DT, and DH
  • Adv and Prominent are the real champions. Show me any other core that’s better than us
  • Characters: Subzeroo/Ryujap
  • Faction: Adversary Leader
I agree with your suggestion,verm.

Nobody Better.

Rest In Peace Mia.

Adversary disbanded you 7 times in a row, and Prominent destroyed you 3-0 in a 20v20 and in TW twice. Get smoked

Offline • 𝕊𝕊𝔾 •

• Old Player
  • Characters: Espio, Saladin, Xqwi, SSG
  • Faction: Supreme☆
That's why people don't play them nor recruit them, I barely made it in Worms thanks to the kind heart of Worms leader.

yes lets give sins 5att lvls aswel since no guild recruits them aswel ):

scatterer3

yes lets give sins 5att lvls aswel since no guild recruits them aswel ):

It's very obvious why some don't recruit assassins... because there's more than enough. Everyone knows that the "assassin community" is larger than the rest together, please.

Offline • 𝕊𝕊𝔾 •

• Old Player
  • Characters: Espio, Saladin, Xqwi, SSG
  • Faction: Supreme☆
It's very obvious why some don't recruit assassins... because there's more than enough. Everyone knows that the "assassin community" is larger than the rest together, please.

yeah m8, seekers are really usefull in mass pk, pw has designed them to be good in mass pk. Guilds should recruit classes that are really usefull in mass pk as seekers because they bring alot of cc / buffs .. . And this topic is all about making seeker viable in mass pk ...

Anyway i'm off this topic -1 again. I've reached my sarcasm limit.

scatterer3

yeah m8, seekers are really usefull in mass pk, pw has designed them to be good in mass pk. Guilds should recruit classes that are really usefull in mass pk as seekers because they bring alot of cc / buffs .. . And this topic is all about making seeker viable in mass pk ...

Anyway i'm off this topic -1 again. I've reached my sarcasm limit.

You wrote they are far from being underpowered, in other words overpowered. Unlike you I have a different view on this matter, e.g. seekers in MPK. I mentioned it to make you realize they're not overpowered. And, some people use sarcasm when their counter arguments vanish. I'm done as well, I hope GM's will take this into consideration and add +5 atk. levels to dual edges, for balance purposes.

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
+1 I have to agree with this suggestion.

Offline Deno

• Forum Veteran
A class that tanks HA and LA classes? The only HA class I can really tank is wr, because they don't have enough damage to go through you, Barbs hit like mad, same story about sins. Also, not every seeker in here camps def, if others do it, it's not my problem. Another thing: do you really think any seeker can reach 120 def lvls with just a def wep? I can barely reach 105 with a def wep in full r8, I'd have to wear the NW cape and a blessing to barely break the 115 mark. Also, you can read the other replies or the thread itself 1 more time and try to understand what I'm trying to say. And really, weren't you the one which suggested replacing the +25 VIT in claws with +5 ATK lvls? You can't even dare to say that the base damage of a full dragon WB can be higher than the base damage of a seeker, hipocrisy much?

I never called what gear are you wearing about those 120 def lvl, i used Eye of Observation once on Omnislasher just for the curiosity and saw 125~ Def lvl. "Barbs hit like mad"? duhh all we do is fury. I never seen seekers going further than 2 fury, maybe you should learn to use it. "Same story about sins"? indeed. "Also not every seeker here camps def if others do it it's not my problem" never said it's your problem. "nother thing: do you really think any seeker can reach 120 def lvls with just a def wep? I can barely reach 105 with a def wep in full r8, I'd have to wear the NW cape and a blessing to barely break the 115 mark. " already quoted it with Omnislashers gear, and i never asked what kind of gear you're wearing. "Also, you can read the other replies or the thread itself 1 more time and try to understand what I'm trying to say." in time i would go through that _J_ or w.e his name is would write a poem. "And really, weren't you the one which suggested replacing the +25 VIT in claws with +5 ATK lvls? " Yeah it was me. Why was it accepted? Simply because there was no harm in it, you have 1 option at the time with WR/WB, you'll DPH or you will APS, both doesn't really work. Why? no dmg loss, and OH yeah, counterplay. Let me equip Physical adorns vs Seeker, BAM blown up by metal combo. Metal immune? who has genie for that when you play 120 str 70 vit 50 mag. Hey let me equip Elemental Adorns? Bam dead after 1st solid shield is down or just get Blur'd cuz it ignores everything. Yes counterplay my friend, you know what to expect from WBs 5 aps and WRs lock. You don't know what you can expect after QPQ. "You can't even dare to say that the base damage of a full dragon WB can be higher than the base damage of a seeker" Ehm why not? I don't see why wouldn't i be scared of saying it, I just don't know if it's true. If i want to follow Logic whatsoever i'll follow these 2 arguments in it:

1. Dual edges > Claws when it comes to base dmg.
2. Sword mastery buffs dual edges by 90% of dual edges base dmg on a sage seeker, Claw mastery doesn't exist on WB.

"hipocrisy much?" Everything i said through this was no hipocrisy. Why? "Definition of Hipocrisy:the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case."   :

1. Did i claim that Seekers have higher standards than WBs whether it's true or not? I'd say yes. Why? So you said WBs have higher defence than Seekers. In theory they could. Why? I have sht ton of pdef in tiger form and alot of health, but remember it's only Pdef, whether you want to metal combo me or atk me all day long with aps is completely your problem, in practical they don't cuz of debuffs usage Seekers dish out.

Now because i claimed this as WBs class, to not be called a hypocrite again I won't obviously claim it for WR cuz you know the truth when you just said it yourself but for i will for Sins. How? I will simply use the quote that EvilTouch once said to LeiZo: http://prntscr.com/6fkfyo
So don't bother comparing yourself to Sins.

2. Did i invent higher standards of Seeker as my argument? I don't think so. Can they tank me? For a period of time like any class does or forever if they gonna camp def lvl with windshield, + AD+ + some crowd control. Can i tank them? Yet again for a period of time like any class does. Can i kill them? If i fury i can, without fury it's like hitting a brickwall without a weapon, it simply won't happen. Can they kill me? Yes they can, either i eat metal combo to the face with phy adorns, or get exploded with magic adorns by physical combo + blur as back up. No 3 fury required. Can seekers use fury just like WBs do? I mean any class can so why seekers wouldn't? Oh yeah, furyotypes "fury more trash" i get them everyday just like any WB.

Point proven.

scatterer3

I never called what gear are you wearing about those 120 def lvl, i used Eye of Observation once on Omnislasher just for the curiosity and saw 125~ Def lvl. "Barbs hit like mad"? duhh all we do is fury. I never seen seekers going further than 2 fury, maybe you should learn to use it. "Same story about sins"? indeed. "Also not every seeker here camps def if others do it it's not my problem" never said it's your problem. "nother thing: do you really think any seeker can reach 120 def lvls with just a def wep? I can barely reach 105 with a def wep in full r8, I'd have to wear the NW cape and a blessing to barely break the 115 mark. " already quoted it with Omnislashers gear, and i never asked what kind of gear you're wearing. "Also, you can read the other replies or the thread itself 1 more time and try to understand what I'm trying to say." in time i would go through that _J_ or w.e his name is would write a poem. "And really, weren't you the one which suggested replacing the +25 VIT in claws with +5 ATK lvls? " Yeah it was me. Why was it accepted? Simply because there was no harm in it, you have 1 option at the time with WR/WB, you'll DPH or you will APS, both doesn't really work. Why? no dmg loss, and OH yeah, counterplay. Let me equip Physical adorns vs Seeker, BAM blown up by metal combo. Metal immune? who has genie for that when you play 120 str 70 vit 50 mag. Hey let me equip Elemental Adorns? Bam dead after 1st solid shield is down or just get Blur'd cuz it ignores everything. Yes counterplay my friend, you know what to expect from WBs 5 aps and WRs lock. You don't know what you can expect after QPQ. "You can't even dare to say that the base damage of a full dragon WB can be higher than the base damage of a seeker" Ehm why not? I don't see why wouldn't i be scared of saying it, I just don't know if it's true. If i want to follow Logic whatsoever i'll follow these 2 arguments in it:

1. Dual edges > Claws when it comes to base dmg.
2. Sword mastery buffs dual edges by 90% of dual edges base dmg on a sage seeker, Claw mastery doesn't exist on WB.

"hipocrisy much?" Everything i said through this was no hipocrisy. Why? "Definition of Hipocrisy:the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case."   :

1. Did i claim that Seekers have higher standards than WBs whether it's true or not? I'd say yes. Why? So you said WBs have higher defence than Seekers. In theory they could. Why? I have sht ton of pdef in tiger form and alot of health, but remember it's only Pdef, whether you want to metal combo me or atk me all day long with aps is completely your problem, in practical they don't cuz of debuffs usage Seekers dish out.

Now because i claimed this as WBs class, to not be called a hypocrite again I won't obviously claim it for WR cuz you know the truth when you just said it yourself but for i will for Sins. How? I will simply use the quote that EvilTouch once said to LeiZo: http://prntscr.com/6fkfyo
So don't bother comparing yourself to Sins.

2. Did i invent higher standards of Seeker as my argument? I don't think so. Can they tank me? For a period of time like any class does or forever if they gonna camp def lvl with windshield, + AD+ + some crowd control. Can i tank them? Yet again for a period of time like any class does. Can i kill them? If i fury i can, without fury it's like hitting a brickwall without a weapon, it simply won't happen. Can they kill me? Yes they can, either i eat metal combo to the face with phy adorns, or get exploded with magic adorns by physical combo + blur as back up. No 3 fury required. Can seekers use fury just like WBs do? I mean any class can so why seekers wouldn't? Oh yeah, furyotypes "fury more trash" i get them everyday just like any WB.

Point proven.

It's senseless to compare an/a APS/STR barb to a VIT barb and write: "Dude, barbarians are tanky enough, I used Eye of Observation on BAQWULF (the best VIT barbarian that EPW currently has, FYI), and he has a lot of HP, DEF LV and magic resistance."...
Vermilion used to write "it's a waste to of chi to triple spark as a seeker", because chi gain as a seeker can't be compared to an assassin nor barbarian, and because most of the skills consume chi. Dual edges are less used than fists or claws, now how does it affect the server more than your suggestion? Yes, metal immune, respectively Heart of Steel, many use it, and you can easily give up if they do. Fist weapon mastery affects claws. You are contradicting yourself so much, tiger form increases your physical defense? What is this thread all about, metal combo? That's maybe exactly why APS damage is low, and needs a little boost. Seekers can tank you forever? Since when does windshield, absolute domain and CC skills last forever and don't have cooldowns? I think you wasted your time trying to be smart.

scatterer3

Forgot to mention that the sage fist mastery increases your physical attack by 90%, just like sage sword mastery.

Offline Mitochondria

• Characters: Sun - Redefine
  • Faction: Artifex
I honestly can kill seeker camping def on mystic unless it has omnislasher tank gears.. Without blessing ofc. But i cant kill them on wr if they camp def.. Since wr has lower damage and stun lock is required so once they go aps is my only chance to kill them.. But wb can hit them fairly high and WB can use a 3x int gof pole axe which is very effective against seekers and wb stun locks is not chi based unlike wr. So i dont see why people playing wb has issues with this and seeker doesnt have solid shield. Seeker stun is also not very reliable its short and sometimes miss the other 2 is a  1 spark port stun and the stun from pets. Seeker lock skills can be fortified entirely but wb has mighty swing. Its natural for some seekers to actually camp def since they dont have much of a survival skill except that last stand wb has cb,invoke can just use tiger form for some classes. WR has its magic marrow for magic classes and aura for pdef also sutra which is sometimes what i use on wr to stay alive. EP has Plume shell and that DN and could just sleep and sog freely.. Seeker can only go aps for a bit while cause once its SS + QPQ aps combo is done its almost useless to continue attacking the opponent cause of the unreliable stuns and the need to go back to r8 is needed so you wont waste your genie for survival and will be able to do the next set of combo flawlessly. Compared to most melee aps classes which can do locks more fluently and can keep the opponent use its genie while seeker gives the opponent a bit of time to regenerate his/her genie and hence why seeker need that little boost on damage which we all know that wont actually increase their damage by 1.5k

Offline Deno

• Forum Veteran
It's senseless to compare an/a APS/STR barb to a VIT barb and write: "Dude, barbarians are tanky enough, I used Eye of Observation on BAQWULF (the best VIT barbarian that EPW currently has, FYI), and he has a lot of HP, DEF LV and magic resistance."...
Vermilion used to write "it's a waste to of chi to triple spark as a seeker", because chi gain as a seeker can't be compared to an assassin nor barbarian, and because most of the skills consume chi. Dual edges are less used than fists or claws, now how does it affect the server more than your suggestion? Yes, metal immune, respectively Heart of Steel, many use it, and you can easily give up if they do. Fist weapon mastery affects claws. You are contradicting yourself so much, tiger form increases your physical defense? What is this thread all about, metal combo? That's maybe exactly why APS damage is low, and needs a little boost. Seekers can tank you forever? Since when does windshield, absolute domain and CC skills last forever and don't have cooldowns? I think you wasted your time trying to be smart.

Who did ever mention Vit WB's in this thread? Pdef doesn't come from Vit as much as it comes from Str if you have any clue about this game at all. "Dude, barbarians are tanky enough". Depending on who's standards we're talking about, I can't afford to carry 3 Elemental immunity's on my WB genie like i can on EA's genie to be considered "Tanky enough" as of evading elemental dmg. That's senseless. "Fist weapon mastery affects claws." I don't have fist mastery as a WB. If you're talking about WR that's another story to discuss. " What is this thread all about, metal combo? That's maybe exactly why APS damage is low, and needs a little boost." This thread if you read the name is about Dual Edges, genius. Metal combo was mentioned in this thread because if i decide to tank APS combo then i need Physical Ornaments to do so, cuz i can't afford tanking it when i lose shit ton of Def lvl to a freaking Sacrificial Slash, If i want to tank Metal Combo and if i get myself caught with Fortify mag def debuff transfered + Def lvl reduction, im dead in 1 zerk crit, Metal immune? Ok let's say i use Metal immune before he casts the combo, and he suddenly decides to use APS, ok I will Solid Shield myself then. After 30 seconds comes the same combo again. What am i left with? 60-70~ Energy on genie, unable to use anything. "Since when does windshield, absolute domain and CC skills last forever and don't have cooldowns?" If you have read correctly which i can totally see you didn't i said "For a period of time." Windshield let's be honest doesn't have cooldown, if you call 1 second a cooldown compared to a duration of the skill, you're a little dumb but what can i do. CC skills are chainable, they don't last forever, they chain upon eachother. I have already a problem about predicting whether i'll get 1 shotted or APSed to death. Everyone will agree who are not Seeker players and that have to face them here that boosting APS dmg when it's already no counterplay involved is completely senseless. Why? Like i already mentioned and this type i'll note it for you cuz you seem to be too slow to follow >>>>>>>>>>>>FOR WBS NOT WRS<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Dual Edge base dmg > Claw base dmg, Sword mastery > nonexistant fist/claw mastery cuz guess what genius, WBs don't have Fist and Claw mastery.

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
  • The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
  • Characters: Sadistic, Stiletto
Who did ever mention Vit WB's in this thread? Pdef doesn't come from Vit as much as it comes from Str if you have any clue about this game at all. "Dude, barbarians are tanky enough". Depending on who's standards we're talking about, I can't afford to carry 3 Elemental immunity's on my WB genie like i can on EA's genie to be considered "Tanky enough" as of evading elemental dmg. That's senseless. "Fist weapon mastery affects claws." I don't have fist mastery as a WB. If you're talking about WR that's another story to discuss. " What is this thread all about, metal combo? That's maybe exactly why APS damage is low, and needs a little boost." This thread if you read the name is about Dual Edges, genius. Metal combo was mentioned in this thread because if i decide to tank APS combo then i need Physical Ornaments to do so, cuz i can't afford tanking it when i lose **** ton of Def lvl to a freaking Sacrificial Slash, If i want to tank Metal Combo and if i get myself caught with Fortify mag def debuff transfered + Def lvl reduction, im dead in 1 zerk crit, Metal immune? Ok let's say i use Metal immune before he casts the combo, and he suddenly decides to use APS, ok I will Solid Shield myself then. After 30 seconds comes the same combo again. What am i left with? 60-70~ Energy on genie, unable to use anything. "Since when does windshield, absolute domain and CC skills last forever and don't have cooldowns?" If you have read correctly which i can totally see you didn't i said "For a period of time." Windshield let's be honest doesn't have cooldown, if you call 1 second a cooldown compared to a duration of the skill, you're a little dumb but what can i do. CC skills are chainable, they don't last forever, they chain upon eachother. I have already a problem about predicting whether i'll get 1 shotted or APSed to death. Everyone will agree who are not Seeker players and that have to face them here that boosting APS dmg when it's already no counterplay involved is completely senseless. Why? Like i already mentioned and this type i'll note it for you cuz you seem to be too slow to follow >>>>>>>>>>>>FOR WBS NOT WRS<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Dual Edge base dmg > Claw base dmg, Sword mastery > nonexistant fist/claw mastery cuz guess what genius, WBs don't have Fist and Claw mastery.
You are talking as if solid shield would be the only way a WB could survive, switch to Tiger my friend, then laugh behind your computer, invoke, spark, because you always have enough chi for it, seekers don't have that much chi, nor survival skills, you can't stay in Def all the time and expect to kill something, won't work. And since when is my suggestion so game breaking as you state?

Offline Deno

• Forum Veteran
You are talking as if solid shield would be the only way a WB could survive, switch to Tiger my friend, then laugh behind your computer, invoke, spark, because you always have enough chi for it, seekers don't have that much chi, nor survival skills, you can't stay in Def all the time and expect to kill something, won't work. And since when is my suggestion so game breaking as you state?

1st yes i can switch tiger and turtle up. Spark because you always have enough chi for it?  :normal-3: only if you're dumb enough to make me have enough chi to do everything of that at once, Seekers don't have that much chi, nor survival skills. Bloodthristy Blitz and Last Stand + the insane ammounts of defence you get by default. Even if you don't have 120 def lvl, 100 def lvl is already point of insanity. How come? If you actually compared your single def lvl buff, yes def lvl, do you know how def lvl works? If you don't then google it. For every 1 def lvl you got over my atk lvl i deal 1% less dmg. If my cap is 70 which is exactly how much i can reach with blessing and rune, I already deal 30% less dmg. From my base physical attack i already lose 1k total dmg just from your buff, not to mention default pdef and elemental def, elemental def counts cuz of both wood and fire dmg that i can use at once. You can't stay in Defence forever and expect to kill something? My friend you are Seeker, good defence is the best offence. It's not gamebreaking, i just expressed my oppinion on it, if you find my oppinion for me making it look gamebreaking, that's totally your problem.